PDA

View Full Version : Odd Jetstar Paint Scheme

Icarus53
17th Dec 2007, 00:36
Anybody know what the deal is with the very strangely painted A320 (seen in SYD yesterday, apparently in service). I think rego was JQW.

Oddly enough exactly the same colours as the Saudi Arabian MD-11 over near the hangars (Beige with a purple/maroon tail) - coincidence???

Icarus

Zigzag
17th Dec 2007, 00:51
A/C was originally destined for JSA, however was leased out from the factory (to Atlasjet).
Was then sub-leased to Saudi Arabian Airlines, hence the C/S.
Don't think it's short term either - its one of the 9 newies previously announced.

Dragun
17th Dec 2007, 02:46
Yea I saw that, looks disgraceful.

Why paint it at all J*? You'll save money that way.

Did someone say CHEAP SEATS?!

troppont
17th Dec 2007, 05:02
why not run J* like the GA guys,

various colour schemes which just fade away over 20yrs.

Icarus53
17th Dec 2007, 05:16
Then how can an executive earn his bonus by coming up with a new scheme???

If there were more execs in GA, everyone could be getting around in a dead dog's donger!!!

ules
17th Dec 2007, 06:39
is this the picture you were after

http://www.jetphotos.net/img/1/2/9/2/61380_1197761292.jpg

http://www.jetphotos.net/img/2/1/1/3/36124_1197778311.jpg

equal
17th Dec 2007, 09:42
oh yea, all it needs now is green nacelles and an orange nose :}

Atlas Shrugged
17th Dec 2007, 21:58
And a big rubber dildo on the roof....:E

Icarus53
17th Dec 2007, 23:13
I'd forgotten my thoughts when I first saw it:

"Ugly as a hatful of a**holes".

Why would you let that thing go into service before a proper repaint??? Oh the humanity!

OpsNormal
18th Dec 2007, 00:40
It has been in their Williamtown hangar for the past few weeks getting a number of things done to it (I have no idea exactly what has been getting done to it as we only park out the front of the hangar on the bay and do not work for that company), before being pressed into service.

Why would you let that thing go into service before a proper repaint???

I could think of a number of reasons really....

*The cost (repayments etc) of an unutilised airframe just sitting in a hangar not generating any revenue.

*Unprecedented demand coming up to Christmas.

* Unscheduled maint on another airframe meaning the one in the hangar must be pressed into service asap (pretty or not).

* Missing a paint shop slot like what happened to a BNE F100 operator about 12 months ago.

etc etc.... The list goes on really....

Regards,

OpsN.;)

airbusthreetwenty
18th Dec 2007, 02:47
My understanding is that JQW isn't going to be painted anytime in the near future.

And if you think it looks bad now, give it another couple of weeks.

I would place money on it looking worse.

TheHoff
18th Dec 2007, 03:08
The reason why JQW hasn't been painted is because it was held up in Turkey during it's C check and therefore missed it's slot at the paint shop in Europe. It also missed it's slot in Singapore to have it converted to Cargo loading, so it's enter into service was a couple of weeks late.

Not sure when it will be painted but i doubt it very much that it will be pulled from service during the peak period.

If all goes to plan the other 2 that are arriving in the next couple of weeks will be freshly painted.

airbusthreetwenty
18th Dec 2007, 04:01
"The reason why JQW hasn't been painted is because it was held up in Turkey during it's C check and therefore missed it's slot at the paint shop in Europe. It also missed it's slot in Singapore to have it converted to Cargo loading, so it's enter into service was a couple of weeks late.

Not sure when it will be painted but i doubt it very much that it will be pulled from service during the peak period.

If all goes to plan the other 2 that are arriving in the next couple of weeks will be freshly painted."

Yeah the off peak schedule generally allows for a spare aircraft on the network. So that's post Christmas/School Holidays.

Out of curiosity, is there anywere in Australia to paint an aircraft? And how long would it take to spray an aircraft the size of a 320?

MELKBQF
18th Dec 2007, 06:14
Out of curiosity, is there anywere in Australia to paint an aircraft?

There is a paintshop at Richmond that is owned by Air NZ that can handle aircraft up to 767-300 size, i know JQ and QF use this facility.