PDA

View Full Version : Is EK canceling HAM-JFK if/when Berlin starts?

Kapitanleutnant
16th Dec 2007, 23:47
Just wondering if EK will stop the JFK flight from HAM when Berlin starts next year? Seems like one would not want to give up one of those JFK slots!

K

ShockWave
17th Dec 2007, 03:35
I have heard that the Ham- JFK will stop but the JFK slot will become another direct service out of Dubai. Ham flight will become a 777 dxb-ham-dxb flight.

Fart Master
17th Dec 2007, 06:40
One to Perth and one to JFK:rolleyes:

helen-damnation
17th Dec 2007, 19:02
Too obvious :E

At least one to start Chicago or Vancouver ;)

A300Man
18th Dec 2007, 03:50
Dear Shockwave,

Your comments are indeed correct. The HAM - JFK rotation will cease eventually. Furthermore, EK has announced that it's first revenue service using the Airbus A380 shall be a DXB - JFK operation on 1st October 2008. This is quite a coup for Emirates from a publicity standpoint. If I understand correctly, their A380 services to JFK next year will signal the first regular service by the A380 to the USA (unless SQ have different plans??).

Quite strange though - I would have thought that perhaps the initial A380 flights would have been shorter "familiarisation" sectors, perhaps London or Singapore. Placing the A380 on it's first revenue ops to JFK is a loooooooong flight! I am well aware that this sort of sector is the whole point of the A380, but I didn't expect it from Day 1!

Good luck to EK and their A380. Here's the link to the press release, with credits to the author.

Thanks,
A300Man

http://www.jetphotos.net/news/index.php?blog=1&cat=110