PDA

View Full Version : What's going on in GF???

Chuck Y
16th Dec 2007, 19:28
What the hell is going on these days? GDN & Al Ayam not loaded today since they both had unflattering acticles regarding GF mentioning all the f*** ups with seriously over the top over booking & huge dealys. Also GF are telling pax that they should expect delays for the next 2 weeks & to go to the airport 3 hours before dept!!! Where is our CEO? I guess he is enjoying his Christmas holiday & doesnt give a s*** about what's going on. Is there anybody in management who can take charge of this situation. Its always something in this useless airline.
On another note, I hear Mr K-the chairman of the board had been given the boot & we are getting a new chairman.

brassplate
16th Dec 2007, 22:29
what's happening to gf? nothing......absolutely nothing.

alraisia
17th Dec 2007, 02:36
we all know this is normal for GF and the glory days are gone.

bus787
17th Dec 2007, 04:08
Travelled on the 16th.Most flights delayed by min 45 mins.Doha 3hrs45mins.
Going down slowly.
Gulfair can only cope when things are normal .

salahabuali
17th Dec 2007, 04:44
Hire monkeys, you get peanuts.

Pictures?

crackheadbob
17th Dec 2007, 06:56
Looks like GF is in one of those downward troughs. Board is disabled and not unified. Ceo with what I read not able to lead and provide answers. CEO by absentieesim?? With the holidays upon all religions in the region, should not all the key players be present and accounted for? The airline has been around for half a century and I am sure this is not the first time it has been destabilized. The reality is most skilled pilots want to do their job and not have to worry about the company and the direction or the longevity. Professionals and skilled in that field take care of that. It appears none of that is going on. It is a drivers market. For the ones that join-they have their reasons. For the ones that stay-they have theirs.
Good luck enjoy

.Aero
17th Dec 2007, 09:24
Are these poor passengers being offered any sort of compensation?

I was bumped off an outbound British Airways flight LHR-BAH. I was asked if I'd like to voluntary not fly today - and in return I got a lump sum of cash - a hotel room, and 300 quid voucher towards my next BA flight! :ok: Shame that doesnt happen more often!

yoohoo748
17th Dec 2007, 10:41
Thurs night airport was jammed and staff were no where near able to handle the kaos. a coupe guys working the counters and lots of others running around... away from fires, being completely unproductive. Not one person was to be found that actually knew what was going on. Next day was pretty much the same thing. Somehow not one staff is authorized to make any type of decision in the best interest for the passenger other than to pass the buck. I don't know how many times I saw ground staff yelling or talking to fare paying pax in a rude way.. but it was truly unacceptable. Customer service? I saw a whole lotta lip service, and some almost action, but no real service or care for the pax. It really seemed that the ground staff viewed the pax as nothing more than a pain in the A$$.

Seems to be par for the course.

brassplate
17th Dec 2007, 10:59
the commercial department and their warped version of overbooking holiday seats can be blamed for all of this. money definitely came before getting valued customers home to their loved ones for the now not-so-festive season.
the unfortunate thing about this is no one person will take the heat for this. (unless it's an expat....hey blame mike kent again for this)

GAGing in Bahrain
17th Dec 2007, 11:32
Sad thing is this isn't the first time during a holiday season Gulf Air have had an "overbooking" fiasco. I know too many people who were bumped over the last few days. All have vowed never to fly GF again. Can't say I blame them. I honestly can't see how GF will get out this mess now. Their reputation was bad enough with the horrible on-time record that was just starting to get better. This was the last straw me thinks. :uhoh:

Only way to make money now is to sell the script rights to Hollywood. Would make for a bang-up comedy! I can see the movie title now... "GulfAir - How Moronic Management Milked and Muddled a Magnificent Middle East Airline to Meltdown"
Ron Howard to Direct! Kevin Klein as John Hogan, and a slew of others!

stefan1138
17th Dec 2007, 12:52
How many of the nine B767s are currently in use? The GDN wrote something about aircraft shortage.

Well, couldnīt they reactivate more B767?

brassplate
17th Dec 2007, 13:47
now, for a bit of scaremongering.......
the end of gf is nigh. senior management the world over historically has a very bad behaviour in relaying this information to their pilots shortly before their company falls around them and destroys their livelihoods.

obviously, the reasons are they do not want a sudden mass resignation to the point that all operations come to a stand still (at least until they have lined their pockets properly).

before the end draws nigh, common patterns are
1. a recovery plan that is supposedly well in process
2. promises of fleet and route increase (keeps us drooling)
3. a payrise (not too meagre just to keep us hanging)
4. announcements of selling of shares (a quick injection might do it)
5. the startup of a viable competition that is backed by government
6. a seep now and again of glorious news and announcements (dangling the carrot)
7. then silence
8. silence
9. more silence then,
10. WHAM!!!!! IT'S ALL OVER RED ROVER!!!!, along the lines of....'dear stupidass, gullible, suckass idiot, pleb pilot,
we regret to inform you that, due to governmental circumstances, patriotism, racism, apartheid, nepotism, islamism, christianism, judaism, buddhism, shintoism, hinduism, druidism, sato-masochism, and economics well beyond our control, your employment with GF has been terminated forthwith with no chance in hell of remunerating your owed salaries, backpay, indemnity, unused leave, and the numerous duty hours and minutes the rostering department had pilfered from you. in short, your assisgrass and you're on the street. you are the weakest link......good bye!

oneeyeseeall
17th Dec 2007, 15:28
WHAT A LIFE AH? GF YOU RE:mad: BITCH

oneeyeseeall
17th Dec 2007, 15:40
Oooooooooopppppppssssssss My Mum Did Warn Me Big Time

HELL BOY
17th Dec 2007, 16:45
:cool:I can not understand this why any one will fly Gulf air if the on time performance is vary bad why.

brassplate (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=151728)

Dear there is no such thing called holiday seats but there is something called book your DAMMMMMMM holiday early.

Chuck Y (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=181384) .

My advice leave Gulf Air if you are not happy .:ok:

brassplate
17th Dec 2007, 17:14
maybe they love bahraini's patriotism, their country their airline. maybe you're so full of yourself that they are blinded to the deep seated problems gf has and can't help but love you.