PDA

View Full Version : These boots are (not) made for walking

fernytickles
16th Dec 2007, 20:09
When it gets below -10'C (2 or 3 times a week), our dog gets frozen toes, so I bought her some loverly muttluks. They arrived the other day. At the first fitting we were crying with laughter too much to find the video camera. This was the second try on, just prior to us all going out (sans boots) to eat lobster, hence the fancy "collar"...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y01jxnur1Ys

frostbite
16th Dec 2007, 21:00
Poor little sod!

Bet she's embarrassed about that collar too.

stickandrudderman
16th Dec 2007, 22:16
Reminds me of when I used to put sellotape on cats' feet when I was a kid!
I know I shouldn't have done it but boy did I laugh!

Radar66
16th Dec 2007, 22:23
Heh stick and rudder!! but did you also put a strip of selotape along their back? so they thought they were walking on water as well as walking under something? like you, i knew i shouldn't but practically pee'd myself laughing!!

west lakes
17th Dec 2007, 09:32
One can't help thinking of the possible results of Foss' hunter killer in a set of them:} & the collar

SLFguy
17th Dec 2007, 13:57
Oh my Lord...that's gone straight into 'favourites'!

Mightly impressed that you managed to get Peter Kay to do the voice over as well...

fernytickles
17th Dec 2007, 13:59
SLF - he's been mistaken for Richard Branson before (no beard, 25 years younger), but never Peter Kay :ok:

S'land
17th Dec 2007, 14:04
Thank goodness Jenny is not a Dachshund with other bits that need keeping warm :\.

Bo Nalls
17th Dec 2007, 17:19
I'm gonna be in so much trouble from Mrs BN for this...

Cat vs Sellotape (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vTLw75K8RZg)

Blacksheep
18th Dec 2007, 02:59
I love our daughter very much, but I'm not bloody well taking them walkies looking like this! They can go in my pockets as usual...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/689124/DSC06882_edited.jpg

BombayDuck
18th Dec 2007, 10:22
Awww... Jenny looks adorable! Ma and I (both mutt lovers) were grinning away watching the video :)

Blacksheep - I think you must be glad they're chihuahuas and not labradors!

Blacksheep
18th Dec 2007, 12:35
Yeah. Those are our daughter's pair - Lilly & Bella. Our own pair are males with attitude - Pedro and Pablo. Tiny as they are, they'd take your hand off if you tried dressing them up. In fact, they even refuse to pose for photos, so I don't have any. But they do like riding in my pockets. Lord help anyone who tried to nick my wallet. :ooh:

Solid Rust Twotter
18th Dec 2007, 12:55
Bet it comes as a complete surprise when that Japanese cat then parks a loaf on their pillow...:E

tony draper
18th Dec 2007, 13:29
Oh buggah!one doesn't have to explain the square cubed law again does one?, small mutts have much greater surface area for their volume than large mutts ergo they produce less heat and radiate it away more efficiently than pooches with a large volume and less skin per,,ergo in nippy weather such as we have just experience a small dog especially of the smooth variety needs a coat,even yer JR Terrier,and one would certainly not advice you walking up to SWH and calling him a sissy,
:rolleyes:

MSP Aviation
18th Dec 2007, 13:32
I love how the Japanese show has to put an inset of what a cat looks like when it walks normally, as if we didn't know.

Ferny - your dog looks like it's goosestepping, good thing it ain't a German sheppard:}

Blacksheep
19th Dec 2007, 01:05
a small dog especially of the smooth variety needs a coatAlso, smooth hair chihuahuas don't have any soft, downy undercoat such as other dogs have, so they especially feel the cold. Anything below 20 outside and they have to put their coats on - or ride in a nice warm pocket. No boots though - they're not complete poofters.