PDA

View Full Version : BAA Airport Operations

Jetstream_lover
16th Dec 2007, 15:09
Hello All

Just wondering if anyone could tell me why some BAA Airport Ops Vehicles have green lights on them? Also what the letters ODM mean?

If you have a look at this pic you will see what I'm on about!

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0464487/L/

Cheers all

DrPat
16th Dec 2007, 15:14
ODM is Ops Duty Manager which is explained on the photos' comments :)

Suzeman
16th Dec 2007, 15:16
If you look at the picture caption closely, you will see that ODM = Ops Duty Manager :)

Suzeman

Jetstream_lover
16th Dec 2007, 15:41
Ahh yes...silly me!!!

Anyone any idea to Green Lights? Purpose?

Musket90
16th Dec 2007, 18:55
Sadly, modern times in BAA has meant the demise of "Ops Duty Manager" job title and also changes in the job role. "Customer Service" seems to be in may of the job titles these days. Not sure it is for the better though.

I think green lights were in the event of emergency response in non-airside areas, where blue lights are not permitted for Ops vehicles.

Geezers of Nazareth
17th Dec 2007, 17:50
When I did my airside training we were informed that 'ODM' stood for 'Only Does Mondays' :rolleyes:

Flightman
18th Dec 2007, 16:05
ODM's are no more. They're now DMA's. Duty Manager Airside.

All part of the "new" BAA!!! :ouch:

Jetstream_lover
19th Dec 2007, 04:03
Thanks for that. I thought that in the UK green lights were used only by Doctors, as ICAO I think states just an Amber Yellow light. Just wondering, thats all. I have worked/gone through many airports around the world and the standards seem to change all the time.

Does anyone know exactly why BAA use the green lights and is it a requirement?

Cheers

Musket90
19th Dec 2007, 11:35
I believe they were used to alert Security Control Post staff that they were responding to an airfield emergency when driving landside to airside.