PDA

View Full Version : New RPT in Darwin

THE IRON MAIDEN
16th Dec 2007, 05:57
I hear that a small GA operator in Darwin has just bought a B200 and a Bandit
and they have all but the signed AOC from CASA for RPT.

anyone else know anything

Howard Hughes
16th Dec 2007, 06:08
Piston to turboprops, the road to bankruptcy, twas ever thus!;)

tinpis
16th Dec 2007, 06:13
Whoa ! someone check the RSPCA ! :uhoh:

Howard Hughes
16th Dec 2007, 06:22
And the Holden dealers...;)

Pinky the pilot
16th Dec 2007, 06:51
HH AND Tinny; (Said in my best QLD nasal voice)

'Please explain!'

PLovett
16th Dec 2007, 07:00
HH and tinny

You are both very naughty boys but in this case I think you are wrong.:E

Last heard of said character was heading overseas.:ok:

Stationair8
16th Dec 2007, 07:06
Understand RPT in conjunction with a tourist operation.

Howard Hughes
16th Dec 2007, 07:51
Tiwi tours perchance?;)

BAe32EP-Chief
17th Dec 2007, 01:04
Hello HH,

Nudge SS320 he is in the loop over this, we walked away both laughing......

I wish them all the luck, though the EMB110 is a great aeroplane doubt very much it will prove sufficient

troppont
20th Dec 2007, 00:51
Yes I can confirm that this is true.:) I know two engineers who are working on the aircraft. The aircraft are going to a small charter company in Darwin...couldnt tell me the actual company though. :ugh: :oh:

BAe32EP-Chief
20th Dec 2007, 01:21
troppont,

I am one step ahead of you, spoke to the engineers and then the owners of the Darwin based RPT operator.

Good blokes, though I may be rude in saying blunt to them that they are paying a tad over the market rate for this aircraft

I wish them well though!

BAe32EP - Owner

troppont
20th Dec 2007, 03:06
Bae32

What do you know....who is the charter company....do they need pilots

Socket
20th Dec 2007, 23:36
Any hints as to who they are?

THE IRON MAIDEN
21st Dec 2007, 00:36
I heard they were coming but I STILL don't know who has them.

fesss up.. .

THE IRON MAIDEN
21st Dec 2007, 01:15
sly :mad: hahahaha

I bet you don't even know yourself. hahhaah :eek:

Guess we are just going to have to wait till they arrive in darwin. (If they aren't Ausjet. do you think there might be a mini price war in Darwin..)

troppont
21st Dec 2007, 03:18
Im with you iron maiden...BAE32 has got NFI:D

We will have to wait and see.

BAe32EP-Chief
21st Dec 2007, 03:41
But you are wrong yet again,

I for one know the operator quite well and incidentially know the aircraft, my memory be a little out of wack but inst it BWC????

We spoke to these guys about the ability to x hire the EMB110 when eventually we get our aircraft up and running and return would give them our BAe 32EP when needed [somehow in the first year we wont have three 32EP's running at 1500hrs each a year]

PM me and i'll let a little more looose

Moniker
21st Dec 2007, 08:25
hmm that's teasing BAe32EP-Chief

when eventually we get our aircraft up and running ... [somehow in the first year we wont have three 32EP's running at 1500hrs each a year]

I wonder ... :bored:

Dog One
22nd Dec 2007, 00:27
Hasn't Roger got two E110's in Darwin for sale, which are already set up for RPT ops

troppont
9th Jan 2008, 06:50
Ok all I spoke to a gent who was just in Perth collecting a B200 for the Darwin operator...this RPT company is on the go...however he didnt give me the company name. They will be looking for FO' s as well as suitably qualified capt's. $$$$:ugh::ok:

captwawa
9th Jan 2008, 07:28
Where is High Altitude anyway?

His last employer gave him the arse and he is overseas - any ideas....

Howard Hughes
9th Jan 2008, 08:58
They will be looking for FO' s as well as suitably qualified capt's.It's a KINGAIR!! What would the F/O do?:rolleyes:

morno
9th Jan 2008, 09:13
Ohh come on HH, you should know that F/O stands for "Flap Operator", :}.

But you're right, a King Air doesn't need a second person to operate the flap lever, :\:\:\.

I'm sure there is some sucker out there with 150hrs who wants to feel good flying around in a King Air.

morno

Howard Hughes
9th Jan 2008, 09:15
There ain't enough room up the front for two!:eek:

Unless of course she's got great 'assets', but we all know that don't happen often going to Bathurst!;)

Stationair8
9th Jan 2008, 09:26
Nothing wrong with pretty FO's with great assets.

tinpis
9th Jan 2008, 22:09
It's a KINGAIR!! What would the F/O do?
check in pax trim sheet load baggage board pax set up departure scroll the checklist fill out paper work do Comms disembark pax unload/load bags clean up cabin assist refueling tie down covers etc clean bosses car assist in office or hangar until 6pm http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/whipr.gif

Thats what I'd have mine doing :hmm:

BAe32EP-Chief
9th Jan 2008, 23:29
Hey Skystar, thanks for letting me crash over on the weekend should have you back up in Karratha the kids still talk about you playing soccer with them :ok::ok:.

The a/c flight back up to Darwin was a dream immaculate condition aircraft. Anyway I thought they had enough Captains and its flippin over-kill if you have a F/O on a K200

Seen the bandit aswell :D:D:D

troppont
10th Jan 2008, 00:05
Well lets see now....why the FO ...maybe the bandit requires one on RPT... now there is a thought :mad:

The B200 might need one for a contract...:mad: :ugh::ugh:

some times its hard to fly like and eagle when you get replys from := :oh:

Narrow minded people....

BAe32EP-Chief
10th Jan 2008, 00:22
Well lets see now....why the FO ...maybe the bandit requires one on RPT... now there is a thought

Yes Bandit's require a F/O

I was talking about the B200 requiring a F/O if the contract is paying for the extra F/O then thats fine. But I have logged up nearly 1,000 hours on the B200 and only on a couple of occassions flew with two pilots [plane load full off Rapid Response Police Officers]

some times its hard to fly like and eagle when you get replys from huh?

Narrow minded people.... Is this an so called insult to me?

THE IRON MAIDEN
10th Jan 2008, 03:06
now now boys and girls lets not get nasty....

32... you've seen Both the K200 and the Randy? come on. Spill your beans, I want the Capt spot on the K200, who do I call?

THE IRON MAIDEN
10th Jan 2008, 03:08
now now boys and girls lets not get nasty....

32... you've seen Both the K200 and the Randy? come on. Spill your beans, I want the Capt spot on the K200, who do I call?

Also hearing through the old fashioned grape vine. that its not only the Tiwi's that the RPT will be used for. Some places out east and down south have been thrown around, so looks like the aircraft will be earning their keep

Howard Hughes
10th Jan 2008, 05:58
The B200 might need one for a contract...
Contracts aside, IT'S A SINGLE PILOT AIRCRAFT!!:rolleyes:

Having an F/O on an aircraft that does not require one, can sometimes degrade safety, rather than enhance it.:hmm:

Moniker
10th Jan 2008, 06:57
Irrespective, it's not the first, and, I'd be betting, it wouldn't be the last time either, that a company requires that acft. to be flown with an F/O.

Howard Hughes
10th Jan 2008, 07:50
Yes Bandit's require a(n) F/O
No they don't! :rolleyes:

troppont
11th Jan 2008, 07:29
HH I think they do need a FO if carring pax on RPT. Most operators I know who carry pax on RPT in bandit take the manditory FO/ flight attendant...:ok:

Dog One
11th Jan 2008, 07:52
Any aircraft carrying more 9 pax in charter or RPT ops requires two pilots as minimum crew. If they operate the King Air with more than 9 pax seats, then they will have to carry a F/O.

C404's when they first came into Aust had seating for 12 pax, but when the regs were amended, required a second pilot to carry more than 9 pax.

The only relief is on freight only ops, if the aircraft has a autopilot fitted.

Howard Hughes
11th Jan 2008, 08:19
I am not arguing the intricacies of the Australian Regulations with regard to F/O's, but the B-200, E-110, DHC-6, Metro (possibly not the 23), Do-228 are all certified SINGLE pilot!:cool:

ie: do not require an F/O....:rolleyes:

Dog One
11th Jan 2008, 08:54
But the theme of the thread is "New RPT for Darwin", so one would think that all replies would be in relation to charter or RPT operations.

MacBoy
11th Jan 2008, 10:15
Dog One - How about the numerous C208s that were operated RPT by AAS as single-pilot? They are certainly above the 9-seat limit.

bushy
12th Jan 2008, 01:59
AAS appeared to get all sorts of support from lots of govt agencies.

Justin Grogan
12th Jan 2008, 04:31
Ladies and Gents ,

Call the 'friendly' local office of CASA in Darwin. I am sure you will get a definitive answer.............:}

I am sure that is one of the agencies Bushy refers to ???:hmm:

LegallyBlonde
12th Jan 2008, 10:59
Lots of companies require/d two pilot operation when flying their execs - no matter what the type of aircraft. It's nothing new.:ok:

Dog One
13th Jan 2008, 00:59
macboy

CAO 82.3.8 and .9 are pretty specific in spelling out the requirements. I would imagine AAS (who ever they are) either kept the seating to 9 seats or applied for an exemption to the above requirements.
I recall that Airnorth in Darwin operated a 208 to the islands, but were required to carry two pilots and could not get relief from the CAO even though the aircraft had an autopilot and a far better avionic suite than the Brasilias
I also have noticed that 208's operate out of Broome on floats single pilot, but I am unsure what seating they have. Perhaps a C208 Ppruner could up date us all.
When I have a chance I will look through the CASA web site to see if any exemptions have been issued

Howard Hughes
13th Jan 2008, 03:15
[but were required to carry two pilots and could not get relief from the CAO even though the aircraft had an autopilot and a far better avionic suite than the Brasilias.Might have had something to do with the 'hot' turnarounds too, pretty hard to do that with one pilot!:eek:

From what I heard at the time, it was cheaper to have an F/O than to clock up the extra cycles! ;)

PLovett
13th Jan 2008, 04:48
I am fairly certain that AAS (Aboriginal Air Services for the uninitiated) did not operate their C208B to max seating capacity. However, I stand, as always, to be corrected by someone with better information.:}

Stationair8
13th Jan 2008, 08:39
Depends is it a B200 or a B300 Kingair.
The B300 Catpass Kingair will carry 2 pilots and 12 passengers, it would very cosy in the NT heat.
Pearl operate their Kingairs two crew on mining charters, and I suppose if the client wants two pilots that is what you supply.
Scarenorth had a contract at once stage in C402 that was to be flown two crew.

troppont
14th Jan 2008, 02:32
It seems that the company is moving ahead. A mate just got a call up and a start date. He was told not to let out the details of the company or what the routes or contracts they have. They do need FO for both bandit and B200 due to their contracts.:ok:

Stationair8
14th Jan 2008, 03:15
Good to see somebody getting a job on a turbine!
Not the jewelery run by any chance?

Skystar320
14th Jan 2008, 04:30
It seems that the company is moving ahead. A mate just got a call up and a start date. He was told not to let out the details of the company or what the routes or contracts they have. They do need FO for both bandit and B200 due to their contracts.

Come on BAe Chieft - you started getting pilots - Spill the flippin baked beans will ya! :O:O:O:O:O

Hasselhof
14th Jan 2008, 04:33
He was told not to let out the details of the company or what the routes or contracts they have.

What a w@nk. Why all the bloody secrecy? Its not like they're trying to keep the plot of a new Harry Potter book from the masses to deter sales.

troppont
17th Jan 2008, 05:34
Just heard it's a company with an A-Frame building is doing the Dn-Tn-Tnk and back RPT run with a defence force contract on the side. BAE stop teasing, spill the beans already!!!:cool:

PLovett
17th Jan 2008, 10:18
Keeriiist, troppont, if you are correct that is going to be very interesting to watch.:uhoh:

Interesting that no one knows anything about it in TNK including the refueller who are always the first to know.:ok:

tio540
19th Jan 2008, 06:31
First RPT flight is scheduled for 1/4/08, with a free Tiger Airbus flight around YPDN the evening before.

The opening party is going to be a hoot. Invites are being distributed apparently.

Dog One
19th Jan 2008, 21:28
I thought Shell had withdrawn their re-fuelling service at YTNK? It will be a long drag DN TN TNK in the EMB110.

THE IRON MAIDEN
19th Jan 2008, 23:37
First flight April Fools day hey????

so this A frame building has to be Air Frontier then?
so whos got the call from them?

PLovett
20th Jan 2008, 03:43
Dog One

Shell still has AVGAS bowser at TNK and AVTUR in drums on a trailer with an electric pump. The AVTUR truck has gone though.

Stationair8
20th Jan 2008, 06:42
That will be lovely on a 20 minute turnaround on a summers day at Tennant Creek, I suppose that will keep the FO busy.

Now lets see Ansett and TAA gave the centre run the flick due to losing money, Ansett NT gave the centre run the flick due to losing money, Skyport did well in the Conquest on that run, Airnorth did okay in the Metro2/3/23 and okay in the EMB120 until Ansett's demise, Vincent did a large amount of dollars on the run and now we have some genius going to run a Bandeirante to Tennant Creek.

This be interesting stuck at 10,000 or below, 600lb/hr fuel burn at 200kts on long sectors and holding fuel in the wet season. Makes for an interesting operation!

The Wawa Zone
20th Jan 2008, 11:08
Yo...

So has Geoffy (if its him) worked out the # pax / month he needs to pay for 2 PT6's doing DN-TN-TNK return where 1 PT6 in front of a Caravan didn't make it ? And will the FO be wearing the pink ugg boots while out there pumping (fuel) ?

The point is really TNK itself. Tales from the crypt about Air North, Skyport, Guinea Airways, etc, are about the TNK of times gone by. The place is dying due lack of new mining and associated industry. Take a walk down the main drag (before 6pm) and count the closed boarded up shops.

The majority of air movements are RFDS/Charties airmed and Police Airwing. Anyone who wants to do RPT there needs to get all the government staff who now often fly to Alice and drive, or get a charter on Charties or Direct. They also need to get local member Elliot McAdam to spruike the service - he's been chasing a new operator since the last one went.

The 2004 Senate report on regional RPT said one thing: "Subsidies, or on ya bike". If Canberra wants to pay the difference to get Fed and NT gov staff there without paying for QF, the Troopy, a charter Baron, then maybe ?? But, my guess is no go due to the lack of non government pax who need an RPT - just too long and too thin, and any freight/mail you could toss in just wouldn't make up the diff. (Hey there's an idea; Charties could do it and throw in the Ucharonidge mail drop on the way !)

Maybe someone's got a new mine going and wants a crew change, and there's half your pax guaranteed by contract ?? Good luck, whoever. Geoffrey, just don't use the QueenAir mate....

TNK; best thing is the sheila in the house next to PLovatt's place; especially when wearing just the singlet.... but she's married .. owns a nice Bull Terrier, though.

metrosmoker
22nd Jan 2008, 00:19
It wont cost him much. He is a shrewd business man. He knows how to make a profit, generally at the expense of his employee`s. He will work out very quickly that when the loads permit, it will be more economical to stick one of those trusty Bonanza`s on the run for the day. Don`t worry about those smick Queen Air`s, the pride of the fleet will always have a place out the front of the A frame. As for pilot`s, he wont have a problem there either. I ran into a female pilot the other day who is looking to further her career with a bit of turbine time. AF might see the return of the 'Pink Headset' after all.

The Wawa Zone
22nd Jan 2008, 12:27
Yo....

"It wont cost him much. He is a shrewd business man. He knows how to make a profit, generally at the expense of his employee`s."

Well in a weird way I got paid what I was supposed to. He's got a big advantage over the rest in that he's an engineer who owns (mostly) his own
aircraft. Thats a good way to make $ in GA (actually the only way to keep money in GA) so thats why he's still around and no, that doesn't mean he dodgy's things up, or fits the VOR instrument in upside down because thats the only way the screw holes line up in the panel, etc etc, or that sort of thing.

"He will work out very quickly that when the loads permit, it will be more economical to stick one of those trusty Bonanza`s on the run for the day."
Until someone tells him to stop.

" AF might see the return of the 'Pink Headset' after all."
And so would the Beachfront. Yeah the Pink Headset is cool.

Ah tink ah know u. Giza clue.

But is it really AF ???? Any more contenders ? Whats that Tiwi Freight thing doing these days ?

myshoutcaptain
22nd Jan 2008, 22:52
Dog One

Vans run one pilot with 12 pax seats ex Broome , C208B.

Floaties are just the C208 , with I think 9 onboard.

:}

captain - its my shout.

PLovett
23rd Jan 2008, 01:04
The Wawa Zone

TNK; best thing is the sheila in the house next to PLovatt's place; especially when wearing just the singlet.... but she's married .. owns a nice Bull Terrier, though.

Yair, but the dog's friendlier.:}

MacBoy
23rd Jan 2008, 11:49
Talking to some of the AF pilots out at easter AL bases, they've not heard anythig from the boss - maybe he's playing cards VERY close to his chest :confused: 'cause they all reckon a Bandit and B200 would make a pretty good progression goal for all.

And, as far as I know, most of his planes are leased not owned - TFL, FTM, HIS, BJH - though I stand to be corrected. :ok:

troppont
23rd Jan 2008, 12:03
might be quiet because he hasnt promoted anyone to the bandit or king.

looks like he's got new pilots for them.

Stationair8
23rd Jan 2008, 22:54
i didn't realise that Air BP, Mobil or Shell supplied free avtur when you start up a new RPT route. Must be a NT thing!

BAe32EP-Chief
23rd Jan 2008, 23:21
Someone was asking about me? [I feel honoured!]

The C90 is leased from a company here in Perth I do believe and has offices over in South Africa. I do believe that they lease out the Beech product's the 1900D / B200 / C90's
I was astonished about the monthly rental for this type of aircraft he must have some good $$$$ turning in to get around $2k mark a day just to cover the aircraft leasing.........

I think he has already got a pilot for the Bandit and I think one is training down in Tasmania at the moment.

Who shall tell???? P.S There are a few more Dash 8 aircraft heading into Australia soon but these are not for Qantas so interesting times are ahead.

Stationair8
23rd Jan 2008, 23:25
C90 Kingair about as usefeul as a backpocket in singlet.
One pilot for a Bandit, that will keep him busy.

BAe32EP-Chief
24th Jan 2008, 00:06
C90 Kingair about as usefeul as a backpocket in singlet.

Oh cool, where do you buy those singlet's as I want one

LegallyBlonde
24th Jan 2008, 00:40
Oh cool, where do you buy those singlet's as I want one

Would you also like to have an ashtray for your motorbike -

or a sunroof for your submarine ;)

troppont
24th Jan 2008, 02:11
who is "pinky headset"?

Stationair8
24th Jan 2008, 04:56
C90 going to do big things in the NT charter business! That get rid of those Conquests and B200!
Perhaps he could use it for scenics out at Kakadu?
What does the FO do on C90?

The Wawa Zone
24th Jan 2008, 05:28
Yo....

"Yair, but the dog's friendlier"
Well IIIIIIIII got to talk to her a fair bit at Food Barn :):) Any luck with the Fijian sheila next door on the other side - the one who told me she "only lives in Tennant because she got knocked up" ?
(This is TNK; now on its 20th day in a row of OAT > 40C).

"who is "pinky headset ?"
..... a little ray of sunshine ..

One Bandit. One C90. One TNK. We're lucky this thread is just the result of someones aerosexual fantasy and not actually part of the real world.

250 multi command is the new 500 multi command.

Darwin ? You're standing in it !

metrosmoker
24th Jan 2008, 22:04
Air Fro$1@?, GH and Big $$$$$. That is the biggest contradiction in terms in the entire aviation industry! As is promotion in that company. I can hear last nights phone call to the pilot on Elcho Island.
Pilot "I have been out here for nearly a year now. No sink to was my dishes in, no hot water to wash myself in...."
GH, "When I was a kid, we didn`t live in conditions as good as you have it. You are in paradise. A tropical island, good view, close to nature"
Pilot, "You promised some twin time over six months ago, and ...."
GH, "I am getting someone to replace you, the training is just taking a bit longer than expected. If you can`t do it for me, then I am going to have to close the doors. I just can`t afford to keep operating if I don`t have the bases going. The rent is killing me."
Pilot, "But the council guy I spoke to the other day about the hot water said you haven`t paid the rent in 4 years."
GH, "They are just lies. Don`t listen to the rumours. WHat else have you heard?"
Pilot, " Training taking a bit longer than expected! How long then?"
GH, "Well just another week or two. Then I will bring you in and get you some twin time. I need you on the twin`s so you can get som experience so you can fly the turbine`s I have coming. I am bringing a guy in, but....

Why all the secrecy? That`s why.

THE IRON MAIDEN
25th Jan 2008, 01:23
So the AF pilots are getting Screwed... promised promotions and when Turbines appear he'll hire over the top of all of them ..

what a :mad:

whats this about a C90? has someone seen it. I heard it was a B200.

Hasselhof
25th Jan 2008, 01:47
So the AF pilots are getting Screwed

How is this news? :rolleyes:

THE IRON MAIDEN
25th Jan 2008, 08:41
That statement was a bit redundant I guess.

I dont know the AF operation at all really. But over the last few days have heard nothing but bad news about it.

sky surfer
8th Feb 2008, 05:25
who is the c/pilot for AF these days. must be getting good $$$$ for that or :suspect:

is he able to fly the new a/c normally the pilots employed are low time

Skystar320
25th Mar 2008, 23:19
So has anyone found out who it is now :O:O:O:O