PDA

View Full Version : Cathay job rating

ashcroft79
16th Dec 2007, 02:52
Hey guys, I've been thinking about applying to cathay and would like to get everyone's opinon as to how it is to work here, and how they treat you. Thanks

ChairmanBoysClub
16th Dec 2007, 03:21
You got to be kidding. Why dont you just have a quick browsing through this forum. I truely believe it will all become very clear to you what working for Cathay is like. As a potential new joiner take my and hundreds of others advice. Go somewhere else unless you just want to come to HK for a couple of years, gain some heavy experience and then bugger off. CX is not what CX used to be - at all. :ok:

cpdude
16th Dec 2007, 03:41
122 replies and counting to the thread "How many are leaving CX ?"...does that answer your question?:}

ashcroft79
16th Dec 2007, 04:17
Well that's kinda the thought, go do this for a few years and get out. Now that the age 65 has passed here in the states, the economy is sinking faster than bush's ratings and oil's up around $100. It's not looking that great here unless I want to keep working for a regional carrier for the next 4-5 yrs until people start to retire again. Even then I'd end up like 20,000 other guys who've been stuck as well building time flying 6 legs a day with a 12 hr duty day to get paid for 4 hours of flight time.

Millstream
16th Dec 2007, 04:34
Not exactly the picture I get.

Progression in the US is faster than ever - lots of opportunities. Young guys making RJ command in a couple of years then coming to CX. Majors hiring. Airlines making money.

No doubt up and down over the next few year, but the career is nowhere near as attractive - so for those that remain, the pilot market looks good.

What exactly is your background ash79?

Milly

ashcroft79
16th Dec 2007, 04:48
flight instructed for a couple of years, flew part 135 (cancelled checks) for a few years and now 4+years at a regional 2 + as captain. 6000 and some change as t.t with almost 2k as pic

rick.shaw
16th Dec 2007, 05:02
They treat you purely as a commodity. If you're ok with that, then come on over....

And they offer free type ratings! More than a few sensible people have figured that one out!

ChairmanBoysClub
16th Dec 2007, 15:47
Yes - its A free typerating. Get some 500H and then bugger off. Very true.