PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus

stardustcologne
16th Dec 2007, 01:17
Hi dear Forum Users!!

Sorry, when I ask questions which were asked times ago - there is no search function for aer lingus (because of only 3 letters of "aer" lingus...)

Is Aer Lingus searching for ready entry F/Os? What are the application details?? I am type rated and experienced in A320 and A330.

What are the bases to start from?

What do employees (flight deck) tell about Aer Lingus?

Please, give me advice where and how to find information when there is lots of info in the forum which I did't find with the search function.

Thanks, stardust

Global Pilot
16th Dec 2007, 11:31
Heard it from a good source.... a Lingus engineer who for some uncany reason always seems to be right about hi rumours. Anyway his latest is that Aer Lingus are looking for up to 50 direct entry f/os next year and with your time on type I would be knocking on their door.
Belfast base most likely but you never know.

stardustcologne
16th Dec 2007, 11:56
Wow, that's good news!!
Thanks a lot!
Can someone tell about the situation inside?? How is work there?
:ok:

uuups, sorry, I just read that this forum is not for jobhunting experienced pilots... so I will move to another forum with my questions.

vikena
16th Dec 2007, 17:35
MATE I don't work there myself but I know a few who do.

Basically its crap working as an airline pilot anywhere this day and age, the only real variables are work in a cold climate or a warm one or do you fly freight or pax.

Managements everywhere in the world have used the self sponsored fella who will work for nothing as a benchmark for those already employed in it.

Pensions are being eroded , if they exist at all ,( as I understand is imminent in Aer Lingus Dublin because it has already started in Aer Lingus Belfast ) , you work 900hrs a year which might sound as a novelty to someone looking for their first job , but believe me that'll only take 2 weeks to wear off.

Basically do something else . The job today is crap. Don't touch it with a bargepole. I promise.

V