PDA

View Full Version : when is the next selection for gulf air

TZZ
16th Dec 2007, 00:27
Hi i would like to know when is the next abinitio selection for GFA. i was told its going to be end of november and now TBA anyone has any idea about it please let me know.

brassplate
17th Dec 2007, 16:30
i know you have waited a long time for this answer so.......aahh.......never. even if they were hiring, why would you hedge your bets on an ailing carrier? there is lots more out there, son.

Sultan85
17th Dec 2007, 18:52
Hi TZZ,

I think you can contact Mr. Fawzi on 17338973, as far I know he is gulf national program coordinator ((sort of thing)) which should include the ib-into program.

good luck:ok:

bus787
17th Dec 2007, 20:12
Try Bahrain Air.

TZZ
17th Dec 2007, 22:42
Hi Sultan i think Mr Fawzi is no more responsible for Gulf national program thats what i heared.

Sultan85
20th Dec 2007, 02:41
Eid Mubarak to everyone

TZZ,

Way don’t you tray with the H-R department directly, because this vacancy on the website is not open at the moment.

Good luck.

TZZ
20th Dec 2007, 08:22
inshallah. we have been waiting for a year

.Aero
20th Dec 2007, 12:00
I'm willing to put a 10 Dinar bet that tradiational GF sponsorship as you used to know it is nomore. Their last attempt of offering fully-fledged sponsorship was marred in favouritism and corruption. I dont believe GF can afford to be cashing out 30k dinars - sans type rating/LOFT costs to all abinitio cadets. What they might offer is conditional employment providing you pay for your own abinitio training.

rashid 320
20th Dec 2007, 18:36
HI,

just i would like to know what is Ali Al-Aofi Position now

Thank you

.Aero
21st Dec 2007, 07:16
<CouldntGiveAMonkeys>

I dont know Rashid - Sorry.

</CouldntGiveAMonkeys>

Sultan85
21st Dec 2007, 09:23
TZZ,
Inshallah you will be there in the next selection, all the best.
;)

TZZ
24th Dec 2007, 22:13
if the next selection is early 2008, i think they should have some one incharge of pilot recruitment now. The only thing i want to know is who is replaced instead of Captain Saleemi.

oneeyeseeall
25th Dec 2007, 09:05
TZZ why dont you try air tanzania since you from there:}

TZZ
26th Dec 2007, 00:17
What happened to the agreement they did with BDB to train 40 nationals to become pilots every year, i remeber i read ths article in GDN mid july.

Chuck Y
26th Dec 2007, 01:32
The BDB program to give sholarships to Bahrainis is a joke. Neither of the 2 schools offered are approved by GF at this time, despite all the BS from there 'marketing' people. The loan is not interest free as stated in the newspapers & the cadet must start paying 1 year from signing. I suggest you guys try Arabia.

.Aero
26th Dec 2007, 11:50
As Chuck stated - there has been no formal endorsement of the two schools BDB bark on about. I had this confirmed at the Dubai Air Show. Bahrain has nothing to offer wannabe pilots. Think about it. We have:

1 Incompetetant civil aviation authority
1 Miserable airport
1 Failing Airline

If your passionate about about making a career for yourself within the aviation and aerospace industry - LEAVE THE COUNTRY!

My two cents.

Mephistopheles
26th Dec 2007, 16:01
Wannabes, I honestly suggest that you guys try with Qatar or Arabia. The days of aviation in Bahrain have long gone. Watching the day to day operation of GF, BAS & other organizations sometimes makes me forget that Bahrain used to be the home of aviation in the Gulf. Incompetence all around seems to be the key word here. Good hunting elsewhere.

pilitio
26th Dec 2007, 19:11
I just read the posts above and I guess there are many issues pointed.
First of all, about the Ab-initio program, it depends on Gulf Air when to start recruiting candidates for that position. And for the people who are being negative and hiding behind the "wasta" excuse, I would say go and rush after what you want. Sitting at home doing nothing to do is useless. Go out face the departments, write proper letters and eventually you will get something. Im not saying there is no such a thing called "wasta" but even though you cant take it as an excuse. Hundreds of Pilots got selected according to their results and hardworking. One more thing, about the foreigners, if you were a foreigner and your father worked for the company for more than 25 years don't you think you deserve a chance to get employed? plus the company will have an impression that you will be loyal to them as you have a part of your family involved since long time. THATS THE CONCEPT !!! but it doesnt mean they only take relatives DON'T WORRY.

Secondly, about BDB. This project is not a sponsorship !!! many people think that this is a replacement for the Gulf National program of Gulf Air cadet recruitment. Well its not, this is just a new project that BDB offered to make it possible to take a loan and study on your own expense then start paying the installments after a reasonable grace period and a flat fixed interest rate. If the candidate is not interested then no one forced him/her to go and take it. The project was opened long time ago as an educational loan for any kind of studies, but then expanded to cover aviation industry. Now anyone can take the loan and use yet either for cadet studies or type rating or whatever course.

The agreement signed between BDB and gulf air states that Gulf Air agrees to assess these Cadets some time later in the middle of the training and take those who have high marks and join them to the company. It has nothing to do with sponsorship as many people think and now are blaming Gulf Air or trying to set rules to take the loan !!

TZZ
27th Dec 2007, 03:29
My whole point of starting this forum is different to what you wrote piloto. I just wanted to know who is going to be incharge of pilot recruitment and when the ab initio programme will start, i have gone to the departments and they told me its freeze until further notice.

Sultan85
27th Dec 2007, 07:01
TZZ..

What you are saying about freezing the program is correct, you know about what Mr. A.S:yuk: done to the programs ((both cadet+Ib)):ugh:.

In the end of the day if you fight for it you will get it.

hasoon
27th Dec 2007, 09:04
hello all and hello for bahraine brother,
i need advice regarding type raing,guys i hold jaa frozen atpl +mcc in A320 i live in kuwait with no job opportunity for ab-initio pilot so iam think to do A320 type raing ? and look for ajob in the gulf i think now aday.s the type raing is not enough some do line training as well if any one know agood way to reach for job with no wasta ;)by doing type please send private message ,,many thank,s

pilitio
27th Dec 2007, 09:30
TZZ, my reply was general. However, you are right about the programs, actually the cadet is not frozen it has been totally CANCELLED and Gulf Air is no more training cadets. The only way is to come to them holding your license. AB INITIO is frozen yeah because this is a regular recruiting process for Pilots so lets hope they bring it back soon.

About the recruiting manager, im not sure if someone got the title of that already but best thing to do is to contact OPS department there are people who can guide you.

All the best for you all.

shuchim
28th Dec 2007, 09:47
hi friend i an from india and completed my aircraft maintenance engineering and want to be pilot do u know that there any cadet pilot scheme in gulf countries for me. thankyou

DukePhantom
30th Dec 2007, 16:20
shuchim, Try Gulf Air ... :}

shuchim
1st Jan 2008, 04:20
hi can u pls tell the website of gulf air or other contact address . and will they take indian national because i heard they dont treat indians well

Sultan85
1st Jan 2008, 08:34
:eek:No body is treating others in deferent miter because of there nationality, any way plz don’t gave bad image about us.

Gulf Air is multi cultural company, GF ground and flying staff is from over then 50 different countries and many different cultural buck grounds.

Sultan85
1st Jan 2008, 08:38
The cadet program is available for nationals only and that doesn't mean we treat others badly.

If you have the requirements, you are free to apply to www.gulfair.com

Good luck.

shuchim
1st Jan 2008, 13:28
hey sultan i appologies if it heart u . i heard from my friend not knowing this .but thanks u confirm this not happen in gulf. now i can easily go there.

.Aero
5th Jan 2008, 11:39
Found this in Gulf Supplement (issue No 82) - and what a piss poor publication too - Bahraini based ofcourse! What a joke!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2260/2168751396_6bba67568a_o.jpg

Panama Jack
5th Jan 2008, 12:43
. . . and will they take indian national because i heard they dont treat indians well

Sorry to say it this way, but from what I've seen, that comment is total "crap." There are a number of Indian pilots here, 3 of them (well one recently left to pursue an opportunity at another airline) are well-respected individuals in the training department (two of the remaining ones are in Management of the training department).

Sure, you have some minority level of ethnic intolerance by a few individuals at any multi-cultural company, but it is directed at pretty much any ethnic group including the locals.

However, I expect that as far as ab-initio goes, the program will largely be one for Bahrainis, and that, IMHO, is the way it should be. After all, you wouldn't expect an Indian airline recruiting foreign ab-initio cadets either, right?