PDA

View Full Version : SAA pilot vac

MungoP
14th Dec 2007, 10:56
Just letting you guys know that SAA have an ad for F/O's (1000min) running on "Avianation"... maybe elsewhere.

AirwayBlocker
14th Dec 2007, 13:14
Just curious. When was the ad posted?

Seeing as they were about to retrench 225 guys a month ago.

johan_jnb
14th Dec 2007, 13:58
apparently SAA is having an about-turn on pilot retrenchment...
realising that they still need to make money (besides cutting 'costs') and the only way to do so would be to fly ( :eek: duh!?) - getting rid of your aircrew is not really the logical thing to do. :\

Then again my 12 ;) year old son has a better understanding of income/expenses and supply=demand than most senior staff at SAA management :ugh:(or the company they recruited to safe them).

No offence to those SAA people in this forum who agree with my comments.:p

This SAA issue, Nationwide issue, the ZA-CAA, irresponsible GA ATNS fees, and our fantastic airports operator etc etc etc makes for a lot of disgruntled people! :} :} :}

Avi8tor
15th Dec 2007, 04:52
SAA have an ad for F/O's (1000min) running on "Avianation"...

Just as a matter of interest, does the ad require you to be a 'none swimmer', as the saying now goes? Would imagine this is to try find pilots of the 'newly advantaged' skin colour.

Some days I don't miss home......:confused:

Tcee747
16th Dec 2007, 04:15
Looks like you are finding it hard to survive under your own skin that why you looked elsewhere for work. For your information there are a lot of 'newly advantaged' skin colour pilots who paid their own way and are working comfortably , unlike you 'old advantaged' skin pilot. I'm sure you found them at the current company you are working for.

suitcaseman
16th Dec 2007, 05:32
That's rich coming from the USA where all the Indians are in reserves.:D

fluffyfan
16th Dec 2007, 05:37
there are a lot of 'newly advantaged' skin colour pilots who paid their own way

There are? name me one

Ricoffy
16th Dec 2007, 05:51
hard to survive under your own skin that why you looked elsewhere for work

Let me see now. You guys screwed up in Korea, Vietnam, Somalia, Iraq (twice) et al. Did you do any tours of duty? Look at your own country before looking at countries which you will struggle to find on a map. Have you been to our country? (FYI) look at the bottom of Africa (South - Africa) :yuk:

I was one of those previously advantaged blokes who had to pay my way to get where I am. Holding two jobs. Lived in an outside garage.
These newly advantaged folks just want everything on a platter:mad:

Bobbejaan
16th Dec 2007, 06:55
Weird thread:uhoh:. I thought this post was about pilot vacancies at SAA.:ugh:

suitcaseman
16th Dec 2007, 07:00
Yes but then the Yanks got involved again.:cool:

beechbum
16th Dec 2007, 07:13
Here we go again.....yawn...yawn..!!! But s'pose it makes a change to the SAA bashing!..............Round no.1...:E:E

suitcaseman
16th Dec 2007, 07:45
Yea, you are right. Lets get back to SAA bashing.

I just heard that the bullies at SAA have just pushed over a catering truck at Lusaka with tax payers money. It was probably an affirmative, women pilot as well (that's for the Yank).

Avi8tor
16th Dec 2007, 15:30
I do believe said 'yank' was implying I am a racist. FYI exactly the opposite.

I find it totally crazy that 'the tax payer' is looking to hire foreigners BECAUSE they are black as opposed to South Africans of any give swimming ability.

JetNut
16th Dec 2007, 20:20
Avi8tor you moron.

Please furnish evidence of any foreigners hired as pilots by SAA. Or are you simply making your usual ill-informed rhetoric.

AirwayBlocker
16th Dec 2007, 20:51
Jetnut,

I'll refrain from any name calling,

but I have to agree with Avi8tor that the target market for the ad on Avianation is most likely from outside of SA. Or SAA would have surely made use of their usual method to place an ad, namely the Sunday Times.

I don't recall Avi8tor saying that SAA HAD employed foreigners but that it seemed that they were looking to.

Can you explain why else they have placed the ad on a website instead of in the local media?

Avi8tor
17th Dec 2007, 11:00
I bow down before your greatness, oh exhalted Jetnut. How could I have missed your superior wisdom. I feel honoured for being in your shadow.

Read the above post, answers your question. I dont think that AB and I have made a huge leap in assumption, do you?

4HolerPoler
17th Dec 2007, 19:45
Thread closed. Slapfest over.

4HP