PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Clearing US Customs

Flintstone
14th Dec 2007, 10:19
Has anyone pre-cleared US Customs at Shannon or Vancouver? If so how smoothly did it run?

I'm getting a little bit tired of having to jump through a varying number of hoops depending upon where I make landfall in the US. Last week (Seattle) was a joke with three Customs officers behind the desk arguing over which forms we should complete. They just make it up as they go along, it's like watching the Three Stooges.

Viliamu
15th Dec 2007, 03:34
Haven't had experience with the two places you're inquiring about. What I can say is that if you can get it done before reaching U.S. shores, you're better off. My company is forced to clear through the same office nearly every single day, yet they act like it's always our first time.

By the way, they DO make it up as they go along. After all, who polices the Customs Department? I'm firmly convinced they arbitrarily change policies, requirements, and local procedures to "divide and conquer." It's very effective, and utterly maddening.

Good luck! Drop me a note before the holidays and let me know how you're doing!

Cheers,

Viliamu

Consol
15th Dec 2007, 09:09
US pre-clearance available at Dublin and Shannon for most US bound flights, generally works very well and civilised too. Sometimes the queues can be longer than stateside in the Dublin facility though.

refplus20
19th Dec 2007, 20:46
Don't think private aircraft can clear through US CBP at Dublin or Shannon.

merlinxx
19th Dec 2007, 21:26
They can't. Airline yup, BIZAV nope.