PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Milan - Living near Malpensa?

The Boy Wonder
13th Dec 2007, 14:28
I'd like to move to Milan with my family (we've two young children). Where should we live - in the city, by the lakes or near the airport? How much to rent/buy a place with at least two bedrooms in a decent area? What about the cost of living, tax etc? Is it possible to get to work at MXP from the city by train? We don't speak Italian yet but are willing to learn.

Any help would be appreciated.

vipero
13th Dec 2007, 14:39
No chances to live around MXP and getting there not using a car.
Best place would be Gallarate, but if you don't need to go to/from the airport daily, also the lake would be a good choice.

A two-bedrooms flat would be around 800/1000€ per month, almost everywhere.
Just consider the Piemonte side is a little cheaper than Lombardia.
Good luck.

The Boy Wonder
13th Dec 2007, 14:41
Thanks for that - I never considered Piemonte.

EAM
13th Dec 2007, 16:52
Unless you want to live in a lttle town and dont like the villages you should avoid Gallarate, Sesto Calende is nice, or the area around Arona.
You should finde a house /appartement with 2-3 bedrooms at around 600-800€ plus elec/gas.
What about you kids, there is an intern. school at Varese, so you could also consider Varese, it about 20-30min to MXP.
Anyway, you cant get to MXP without a car.

The Boy Wonder
13th Dec 2007, 19:47
Thanks again, keep it coming. Anybody know about taxation generally in Italy and taxation if you're being paid by a foreign company?

EAM
13th Dec 2007, 20:33
Taxation is about 22%, if you are employed by a foraign broker, I guess you dont pay tax in Italy.

oliver_p
14th Dec 2007, 08:58
are we new collegues perhaps? (OCC last week?)
i do have a contact of a nice house in dormelletto with lake maggiore sight.
let me know via email or pm if you are interested. i don't need so much space because we are moving me and my wife only.
ciao