PDA

View Full Version : Is Colin Jordaan the coming of the Messiah?

spacedaddy
13th Dec 2007, 11:12
Yes, I know there is another thread similar to this but there is more to administering an entire Civil Aviation Authority than just being a Captain, even if one is an experienced Director of Flight Ops. Competency in a CAA has much less to do with being a pilot than most of you would know. We must assume that Captain Jordaan is very familiar with the operational aspects of the CAR's and probably ICAO Annex 6 as well. I'm sure that he would do crash courses in the other Annexes along with those areas pertaining to RSA such as safety, security, functions of ATNS that he is not at present knowledgeable with, the technologies behind gathering and reporting of weather and a hundred other aspects of the job (s). Other questions include: What were the individual functions of the the Commissioner vs the CEO? How could it be expected that and inexperienced person could competently take on both positions? I am not asking here for measurement against previously incompetent people. We don't need larger temporary compresses to be put over the band-aids of the past. The most vital aviation regulatory component in the country needs a man/woman willing to spend years of his or her life to shape and then re-shape as knowledge and experience grows. Colin, if you accept this consolidated position I hope that you stay with it to the point that you can leave your legacy for future generations. Will you lazily sit back and ignore the incompetent people because they are BEE implants? I rather think as a condition of acceptance of the position you should make it perfectly clear that such practices shall not be acceptable. "Pull your weight or you're out!". Further, you need to educate yourself in the ICAO, FAA and British philosophies of CAA administration. Would these organisations have grounded a fleet of aircraft because one bolt failed? ICAO has published volumes on how to carry out your huge tasks. The lessons to be learned are not available within our borders. Now, a few last words. You know me and do not particularly like me. We have butted heads. For myself, I think you need a series of personality injections. Loosen up a bit. Don't be afraid to change and for the industry's sake, don't take yourself so seriously. Grow into this monumentally important position and lead the SACAA into a new era. We all wish you the very best.
Spacedaddy

Avi8tor
13th Dec 2007, 11:50
Is Colin Jordaan the coming of the Messiah?

I have a feeling TAJ himself might see it that way.......:)

reptile
13th Dec 2007, 12:37
You know me and do not particularly like me...
No kidding! And you did a sterling job of not letting your dislike of Colin shine through in that post......:yuk:

Get a grip, grow up, and if you want to make personal statements about a person on a public forum, be man enough to sign your own name.

SAT_BOSS
14th Dec 2007, 06:53
I fully agree. If you "think" you have a pair of b:mad:lls to call a name, then by all means do it; But then gave guts to actually sign your own name at the bottom.

Many people have been slagged off in PPRUNE, and with that there is NOTHING wrong; but have the guts to say to the persons face what you think of him; and if you prefer this forum then sign your own name.

Colin Jordaan; I wish you well, you have a major task ahead of you and hope that all works out well for you. :D:D:D

I now live in Canada and it seems we are also going the JAR route, good / bad / heck I don't know; but I can tell you that operational costs to sustain the paper flow costs a lot of money.

Freezing Greetings

weedosphere
14th Dec 2007, 09:19
I belive Colin is more than qualified to do the job and certainly has enough knowledge of all the stuff mentioned in the opening post.

He will be far better than any past CEO's at the SACAA. I suggest people give credit where it is due, don't slag people off unless you feel that you are better and more capable of taking on this challenge.

All the best Colin.

cavortingcheetah
14th Dec 2007, 12:09
SAT_BOSS

On a long shot, just check your pms won't you, there's a good chap.

Happy Christmas anyway.

cc

spacedaddy
15th Dec 2007, 15:34
Reptile, crawl back in your hole.
Sat Boss, Canada must have frozen your brain.
You guys missed the boat and the whole point. Everybody has been putting down the SACAA and a significant part of it has been justified. My point was not to put Captain Jordaan down, which I didn't, but to encourage him to realise that he can make a difference. I hope he puts the years in that will be necessary to bring "US" up to standard. If he receives interference from above it's just not possible. Men at the top? Don't give BEE quotas. Give competency quotas. Quit playing around with safety and peoples lives. Finally, I didn't put Colin down. I recognise his value in the position and respect him so grow up. Be part of the solution not part of the problem.
SD

Skillie
15th Dec 2007, 23:06
Bit confused. Did SD post another thread? Can't see anything wrong with this one. Why the attack? Maybe my few braincells is occupied with real flying than waisting time trying to understand.:confused:

spacedaddy
4th Apr 2008, 21:23
Seems we have some mixed results after the first 100 days. Capt. Jordaan does well, plays favorites with the PDI's but is not consistant. Now Colin, why is this? Fess up bud.

Solid Rust Twotter
5th Apr 2008, 07:59
The usual politics appear to be more important than the interests of safety and aviation if that is indeed the case. If that is so, SACAA is still a political organisation, probably no better than an offshoot of the current regime, and we all know how well they're performing.:yuk:

dendronite
5th Apr 2008, 08:09
There is only one messiah and that is the one within you! To hell with them and all their glory. It is up to you as an individual to practice safety and proffesionalism.

spacedaddy
6th Apr 2008, 09:17
Well said and Amen

Solid Rust Twotter
6th Apr 2008, 10:53
That's all very well but if the oversight authority doesn't subscribe to an accepted standard it affects all those who operate under that authority, whether they choose to operate in a professional manner or not. There are some good safe pilots in many countries who do not benefit from their professionalism because of the lack of recognition of their countries' aviation authorities by other countries.

I.R.PIRATE
6th Apr 2008, 11:31
You dont perhaps think that his tenure will come to an end once we have managed to host the World Cup?:suspect:

Solid Rust Twotter
6th Apr 2008, 13:43
I dare say...

Always had the feeling it was a cosmetic exercise anyway.:rolleyes:

SkrywerDrywer
6th Apr 2008, 15:44
He's no less incompetent than his predecessors, I'm sure.

bad
6th Apr 2008, 16:20
"That's all very well but if the oversight authority doesn't subscribe to an accepted standard it affects all those ..." Last I heard, the SACAA DOES actually subscribe to the highest standards. In case you are ignorant of them, they are published by ICAO, and the FAA. Both standard makers have websites that might help you. There is nothing that the SACAA is doing wrong at the moment. If you had what it takes to go there, or even just call, they would happily bring you up to date on the many wonderful initiatives they have made in the recent past. Whether the man stays or not is not even important anymore. In the short time he has been there, he has made a great difference. CJ well done!! :D:ok::ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
6th Apr 2008, 16:46
Why do you assume it was meant as a dig at the CAA? Even the wording of the post made no reference to SACAA. It was merely in answer to Dendronite's post. If you had what it takes to understand the response in context, you wouldn't go off half cocked.

As for subscribing to the highest standards, their record in the last few years may not stand up to scrutiny in that regard. Whether things have changed for the better remains to be seen. We live in hope.

Greeson
7th Apr 2008, 07:12
Rumour in the corridors is that Colin Jordaan will take over Khaya's job in the future. Again, purely a rumour, but that could only be good for SAA. Not so good for the 'TAJ' Mahal (SACAA).

I.R.PIRATE
7th Apr 2008, 10:33
If that is true, how can his impartiality be assured while he sits at CAA? There are many coincidences with regards timing and previous posts held, considering SAA was in the dwang, as was CAA.:suspect::suspect:

spacedaddy
8th Mar 2010, 10:24
I thought this thread needed to be revisited. Any thoughts guys/girls? It seems to me that there is a double standard in the CAA or is it a lack of uniformity in competence and training on the part of POI's and PMI's? Is he aware? Does he care? I'm bothered about what I see and I'm close.

I.R.PIRATE
10th Mar 2010, 20:25
I hear he is on his way out following the world cup...

Any further questions for my crystal ball....

The all seeing eye....

On the by and by, I hope his little acolytes who go under the moniker of "inspectors" also get the boot when the SACAA shuts the door on the good Capt - there are some real winners grafting there these days.

Unfortunately I cannot say more at this time. I am having an audit next week....so lets first get that out of the way.:zzz::ooh::ouch:

CJ750
11th Mar 2010, 04:15
Heard he is out for the world cup and someone totally incompetent is on his way in.