View Full Version : cabin crew- 3 QUESTIONS

PILOT'SWIFE
23rd Jun 2000, 22:52
Hi all ,

I'm applying to BA as cabin crew and i was wondering if anyone could answer the following:

1 What were your reasons for becoming cabin crew.

2 What do cabin crew in a typical day, other than serve food, i mean right from when you enter the "office". I failed on this last year.

3 What kind of questions can i expect at the interview (although i do have an idea)

Thanking you in advance

BTW I'M NOT A PILOT'SWIFE.

Cheers
pw

gear_up
24th Jun 2000, 04:49
So are u wanting to be an FA to become one.....a Pilot's Wife? :)

FLIGHT SUPERVISOR
24th Jun 2000, 12:22
Why BA? six month contract, no sick pay, no staff travel or holiday. Give BM a chance.
With regards to your questions, just be yourself FA does not suit everybody.

PILOT'SWIFE
24th Jun 2000, 12:24
No not really, but can anyone help me with my queries please.
I'M PANICKING!!!

luvly jubbly
28th Jun 2000, 00:13
I'm not cabin crew (or aircrew for that matter!), but I believe it's something along the lines of;
Pre-flight briefing with crew
Board a/c and check safety eqpt, load food etc
Board & greet pax
Pre flight safety brief for pax,
Check seatbelts/ stowed baggage etc
Then to the food & drink.
Pre landing check of seatbelts/stowed baggage etc
Disembark pax etc
Party

Don't forget, the main reason you are there is for the safety of the pax, not to serve food & drink!!

Reasons for becoming cabin crew - travel? different destinations? public service? er - to live on peanuts etc...

Come on Guys/Gals surely someone who is crew can help her out

Tarantella
28th Jun 2000, 05:59
Way to go lj!
you just summed up our job in a...er...(pea)nutshell ;)
(future)Pilot'swife:
The key aspect of our job is just that: Safety. All the service aspects are basically a bonus to encourage passengers to fly with our airline as opposed to someone else's.
Another thing is situational awareness. Keeping an eye out for potential problems. A passenger behaving erratically, an unfamiliar noise or scent (i.e. burning). Something that just doesn't seem right. Cabin crew are the eyes, ears (and nose ;)) of the pilots. Vigilant cabin crew have been instrumental in preventing incidents and accidents. Its all about teamwork. Caring for the pilot's wellbeing is also part of your job. Most airlines have a policy about checking the flightdeck to ensure the pilots are alert and well. Again it's about teamwork.
It's a great job, but also a responsible one. Many people (some pilot's included unfortunately) treat cabin crew as glorified waiters and waitresses. If the **** hit the fan however, you can bet your boots they'll be very glad you are around to drag them out of a flaming hull.
Good Luck with your interview!

Luftwaffle
29th Jun 2000, 03:04
Anyone remember a book published sometime in the early seventies, "Coffee Tea or Me?"?
Autobiographical fiction on what flight attendants really do. Just don't use it as research for your interview. :)

LargeJet
3rd Jul 2000, 20:06
Tarantella - could on you as flight deck it's nice you're looking out for us (someone has to!) Would be great if all crew were as alert and sensible as you - mind you the same is true of flight deck!!!