PDA

View Full Version : Indian Flight Dispatch Licence

p_natasha
13th Dec 2007, 09:06
I've been trying to get information on the conversion of an FAA FD licence to an Indian one.
Is it even possible?
The DGCA just don't give you any useful information!!
If I get a FAA FD licence, what is the procedure for converting to a GCAA FD licence?
How difficult would it then be to get a job in the UAE?
Is it that the only way to get an Indian licence, is to apply as an ops assistant, work with them for 2 years and then hope and pray that they decide to send you for the exams??

pratham
15th Dec 2007, 05:40
i have sum info which might be useful tu yu ... as yu said situation is really bad in india ... although this career is yet a virgin compared tu others but still ...

neways tu give u an insight on wat i have researched ... u can get trained for 6 months at tradewings ( mumbai pune bangalore ...) n then they will send u for 3 months training ... after which u will get thru an airline n u need tu wrk for 6 months to be allowed tu sit for DGCA exams ...

If u planning tu give GCAA exam in dubai thru jeppesen then u have an advantage ... which is u can exchange tht license for a FAA license .
noww once u get this license u can get it converted tu DGCA license by going for a viva conducted by DGCA tu get the license ...

if u need anything else contact me here or on my email .. [email protected] if u have any other info plss write back