PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air to DUB (again!)

OBBI_Express
13th Dec 2007, 05:11
Did anyone hear anything of GF submitting applicatons again for DUB and that they were turned down by DAA??

ODMEA
13th Dec 2007, 08:19
Slightly OT but I have also heard rumours Singapore and/or Hong Kong are being considered by GF again??

Any GF guru's out there with a relaible crystal ball?:)

Che Guevara
13th Dec 2007, 15:03
Did anyone hear anything of GF submitting applicatons again for DUB and that they were turned down by DAA??

ODMEA

Sorry for my ignorance here, but who are the DAA??

Icarus
13th Dec 2007, 18:10
Not ignorance, people should try not to use unfamiliar abbreviations and/or acronyms.

Dublin Airport Authority.

Anyway, I can say that DUB is NOT on the whiteboard in the responsible VP's office. There are however a number of new destinations on it for 2008 and 2009. First off the rank appears to be Shanghai with a probable start date in Q2 2008. Peking (Beijing) Seoul and Milan seem to be the others being looked at.

Che Guevara
13th Dec 2007, 19:22
Thanks Icarus, now I understand...for a moment I thought it had something to do with the infamous 767....what a relief its not then.

Ciao

positive
14th Dec 2007, 08:32
I think Eithad have a good foothold in Dublin at the moment with 6 weekly flights.At one stage there was Gulfair,Aerlingus and Eithad all with services to the Middle East.I can't see Gulfair starting Dublin again they had their chance,there is a lot of rumours on the Irish aviation board about EK starting Dublin to Dubai next summer only time will tell.

Che Guevara
14th Dec 2007, 14:32
Positive,

You're dead right, Gulf Air had their chance and blew it by giving it to Etihad on a plate.....dumbest move I have ever seen, and there have been a few over here, for sure. Maybe they will have a look at Cork;).

Nollaig shona duit!

Desert Diner
14th Dec 2007, 14:32
I doubt that any Irish aviation authority would object to a direct flight into Bahrain. There are enough Irish in Bahrain and the Eastern Province that would ensure relative full flights. The real question would be on the availablity of aircraft.

whoop.whoop
14th Dec 2007, 19:28
Shannon will take anyone who offers to fly there

A300Man
15th Dec 2007, 06:22
When is Shamrock's last flight to Dubai? Is it end of March '08?

boiler
15th Dec 2007, 07:39
Aerlingus is quitting DXB??? So soon? And this is without competition from EK. Very interesting. If so, this could be a great opportunity for GF, unless of course EK decide to go there is well (which is inevitable given the amount of planes they are getting).