Filmed these on my phone about a week ago

For the YSCB (Canberra) landing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3XMPlu2nTo
For the YBBN (Brisbane) landing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hnr3roeWV0

Cheers

ScottyDoo
13th Dec 2007, 06:42
Shame you never caught the soundtrack of the pilots cursing the f***head whose phone was causing the funny noises every time they transmitted... :ok:

:zzz:

Howard Hughes
13th Dec 2007, 06:49
Welcome to the new millenium Scotty, it is possible to have your phone on 'flight mode'...:rolleyes:

ScottyDoo
13th Dec 2007, 07:09
Yes, yes, yes... what part of "all portable electronic devices turned off for take off and landing" don't you understand???

:rolleyes:

Howard Hughes
13th Dec 2007, 07:16
Ah but that wasn't what you said!;)

Now that is a different story.

Anyway more often than not when the sentence "which feckhead has his mobile phone on"? is uttered on the flight deck, it is usually followed by...

"oh it's me"!!:rolleyes:

ScottyDoo
13th Dec 2007, 08:34
Yeah okay you got me there...:}

As for the other, the trick is to automatically accuse the other guy and with authority, on the off-chance he's left his switched on, too... :ok:

PaulBoeing
13th Dec 2007, 09:14
Well somethings have to be done. Since im sending out no radiation i dont know how it could affect anything anyway

Binoculars
13th Dec 2007, 09:39
Yep, they are such thrilling videos it would have been a crime had the world not got the chance to see them. Some things do indeed just have to be done.
:rolleyes:

ScottyDoo
13th Dec 2007, 09:55
Yeah, take that, Paul.... That'll learn ya. For taking pleasure in the joys of flight.

And what's worse - you only just joined pprune two months ago! Didn't anyone teach you ya place??? How to be respectful of ya betters around here??? :rolleyes:

PS: Please post a take off - much more noise there. :ok:

PaulBoeing
13th Dec 2007, 10:43
alright my bad

Forkandles
13th Dec 2007, 10:46
alright my bad

What?
That's just three random words, surely?

PaulBoeing
13th Dec 2007, 10:58
What is it with everyone on this forum having a go at each other i havent only been here for 2 months i had another account. So i know what people are like on here and your just total jerks

Forkandles
13th Dec 2007, 11:07
What is it with everyone on this forum having a go at each other i havent only been here for 2 months i had another account. So i know what people are like on here and your just total jerks

Where do I begin with that little lot? ;)

TightSlot
13th Dec 2007, 12:48

In just one short thread you've demonstrated lousy grammar, spelling and punctuation, all used to communicate thoughts that are semi-coherent at best: For good measure, you've managed to offer us an illegally recorded video, at poor quality of a non-event.

Having entertained us all with the cultural equivalent of glancing into the toilet bowl afterwards you are now inviting us to take responsibility for your actions?

Binoculars
13th Dec 2007, 13:01
Wow! I don't know Tight Slot, at least in his/her current incarnation, but I'm impressed; that was quite a zinger! I suspect Pprune Towers may have taken on a new identity? :E

Sir George Cayley
13th Dec 2007, 19:04
It does make one somewhat pessimistic about the future.

Innit?

Sir George Cayley

Track Coastal
14th Dec 2007, 02:59
It does make one somewhat pessimistic about the future.

What apect?

The fact that some young chap wants to share his unbridled enthusiasm for aviation? Which some us may find a tad boring if we have been in the industry for a decade or 4, but we remember that we too were aviation enthusiasts in our early 20s, late teens.

He turned his phone on in a 'passive' mode (send him to Gitmo for 10 years!)?

PaulBoeing's grammar? My son (who wishes to study law soon) writes the most inciteful essays with a wide vocabulary and almost perfect grammar and punctuation, yet he writes gibberish when using SMS or MSN Messenger. A sign of this generation I'm afraid. Maybe young Boeing does need to polish his English skills for professional reasons, but I didn't know it was a pre-requisite on forums.

The moderator's zealous comments?

The fact that the moderator used a sledge hammer to crack an egg and that somehow impresses other jetblast contributors?

PaulBoeing
14th Dec 2007, 04:39
Thank you. At least someone knows what it is like to be at this age with this enthusiasm trying to gain some knowledge from the people that know all about aviation. If you don't like the video you don't have to garbage me i just put it on here so people could see if they wanted to.

Forkandles
14th Dec 2007, 08:50
Isn't there Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner) for that sort of behaviour? A more appreciative audience would be found there, I suspect. Fecking spotters... :ok:

J-NUS
14th Dec 2007, 09:07
Hi Paul,

Are you into ATC simming by any chance? I took the liberty of looking at some of your Youtube membership details. There is bound to be a load of experience to tap into here. It might be too cheeky to go to the ATC forum but there is surely be someone willing to share some anecdotes with you here.
I'm new here too, but It seems like the best place for a newbie to lurk.

BlueDiamond
14th Dec 2007, 09:16
The fact that the moderator used a sledge hammer to crack an egg and that somehow impresses other jetblast contributors?
Pretty rough handling of an enthusiastic newbie by the moderator in question, I thought. PaulBoeing did nothing to contravene the "rules" of this forum and certainly did nothing to justify such a heavy-handed and sarcastic response from a moderator who should be a bit "above" that sort of thing.

Don't let it put you off posting here, PB ... and don't let it dampen your enthusiasm for aviation.

Forkandles
14th Dec 2007, 09:19
Oh my God, more of them!
Quick, nail crooked pieces of wood across the Jet Blast windows and doors! If any more get in, we'll all be wearing anoraks and standing at the end of a runway, notepad in one hand, cock in the other.
Or is that just Manchester spotters?

ScottyDoo
14th Dec 2007, 09:29
You see, Paul, there's a ground-bound majority here who get mighty riled at the thought of anyone posting anything remotely to do with aviation hereabouts. They inevitably respond with comments on watch-size or ego.

Infinitely preferable is the endless list of words starting with the same letter as with which the last one ended or tens of thousands of inane comments about nothing in particular or street names etc etc.

There is also a certain antagonistic and unsavoury element who feel that anyone with less than about five years worth of time up here at pprune should only 'speak' when spoken to.

I like your videos despite them being shot with a phone and would like to see more of them; preferably a take-off. Please include a hosty mugshot as she stomps down the aisle towards you with murderous intent in her eyes... :ok:

Your post has more relevance than 90% of the claptrap and bulldoody found here.

PS:

cock in the other
What's wrong with that?????

c-bert
14th Dec 2007, 09:29
Good on the lad. You all started somewhere. Just because you are all too old to remember.... :E

J-NUS
14th Dec 2007, 09:34
Watches? I saw an advert in a magazine with John Travolta posing as a pilot for I think it was Britling. Its ironic that you can by simulated Britlings too! Sadly thats all I can afford! It looks good from a distance though!

ScottyDoo
14th Dec 2007, 09:52
John Travolta?? Bah... real pilots don't head down the back of their 7-oh at Transition Altitude* and sleep on a king-size bed; they sit on their fat arse and suffer for 12hrs like the rest of us.

PS 1000 bonus points for any of the endless Peanut Gallery multitude, here, who actually knows what Transition Altitude is. :rolleyes:

c-bert
14th Dec 2007, 09:56
PS 1000 bonus points for any of the endless Peanut Gallery multitude, here, who actually knows what Transition Altitude is.

Depends on the local pressure. D'uh.

J-NUS
14th Dec 2007, 10:00
Is that the point at which you switch to FL? If I understood what wikipedia says correctly. Thanks for that, you learn something new every day. What a great site!

henry crun
14th Dec 2007, 10:08
It might depend on the local pressure in your country c-bert, but it does not in some other countries.

c-bert
14th Dec 2007, 10:13
And why would I concern myself with what Johnny foreigner does? :=

Whatever is this world coming to? :hmm:

ScottyDoo
14th Dec 2007, 10:13
A-NUS gets the thousand points. Not for his answer which is decidedly shaky but for being able to read the question and use his nut.

Unlike the great unwashed here, A-NUS has probably actually flown a motor-plane.

PS: C-BURP deliberately timed his post, as I did with mine, to give the wingless pen-pushers here a whopping clue. :rolleyes:

Forkandles
14th Dec 2007, 10:27
PS 1000 bonus points for any of the endless Peanut Gallery multitude, here, who actually knows what Transition Altitude is. :rolleyes:

Talking shop hey?

Fair enough, I have absolutely no idea what Transition Altitude is, not being a pilot, but there again, I doubt that you know why support spacing is so important when designing a busbar system. :rolleyes:

Is it the altitude at which your pilot super powers are weakened because of the hole in the ozone layer?

c-bert
14th Dec 2007, 10:37
Well, I'm both an engineer AND a pilot but I'm not very good at either. Is there a forum just for me? :uhoh:

Forkandles - I'll have a gues at something to do with nodes and standing waves and such, but electrickery really isn't my thing.

Scottypoo (since we are playing) - Timed my post? Eh?

ScottyDoo
14th Dec 2007, 10:38
You know someone said something very similar to that, aimed at me, over on the Professional BusBar Systems Workers Rumour Network just the other day. :rolleyes:

Now I know how you feel... :{

I doubt that you know why support spacing is so important when designing a busbar

Is it because the pissheads who drink wife-beater on Pommy pubic transport keep falling over around corners?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................... :zzz:

Howard Hughes
14th Dec 2007, 10:41
Where is the forum for pilots who don't wish to be recognised as such?:E

As I always say, pilot, it's short for pile 'o' shite...;)

Scurvy.D.Dog
14th Dec 2007, 10:43
:} :} :D Forkandles, Scotty ... GOLD! :E
Don't worry PB .... there are many residents of asylum's with contraband PDA's regularly posting in this august institution :ok: ... the rest are lunatic's still on the loose in the air and in the ATC and Engineering centres!! :E

Forkandles
14th Dec 2007, 10:56
Scotty, don't know how you managed to blag your way onto the fabled professional busbar forum, but you were soon rumbled, hey? :E

We can spot your sort a mile off... :ok:

ScottyDoo
14th Dec 2007, 11:11
That's right. I posted a short clip I filmed with my knockia of some guy soldering wires in the fusebox at my place.

You could hear the howls of derision throughout the innernet.

I'd only been posting since August this year and some tired old has-been named Telescope (who wasn't even himself a BusBar Technician - apparently he worked in the Dispatch office sending the techs on their callouts to different parts of town, like that rodent played by Danny DeVito in "Taxi") started making offhand remarks about how I was a johnny-cum-lately and my post was boring.

J-NUS
14th Dec 2007, 11:18
Scotty - are you a real pilot? I know you (and any real ATC'ers out there) would be very welcome here (http://www.freewebs.com/sydneyatc/sydneyatcforum.htm) :)

c-bert
14th Dec 2007, 11:33
A boring post on Busbars?! Shows how much Danny DeVito knew. :hmm:

ThreadBaron
14th Dec 2007, 12:53
So, how much can a bus drink before it's banned from line of route?

Track Coastal
14th Dec 2007, 15:41
PS 1000 bonus points for any of the endless Peanut Gallery multitude, here, who actually knows what Transition Altitude is.

The Transition Altitude is 10,000ft above mean sea level on QNH (regardless of the QNH) in Australia. The Transition Level is FL110 on standard pressure (1013) if the underlying QNH is 1013 and up (FL115 on standard pressure if the underlying QNH is 997-1012 etc).

1000pts please.:p

the rest are lunatic's still on the loose in the air and in the ATC and Engineering centres!!
Scurve were you peeking at me at work? Howdya manage that from Tassie? Whaddyareckon of my defintion above (did it after 5 Guinness' and no referance to MATS, us mainlanders aren't that stupid eh wot?);)

Thank you. At least someone knows what it is like to be at this age with this enthusiasm trying to gain some knowledge from the people that know all about aviation. If you don't like the video you don't have to garbage me i just put it on here so people could see if they wanted to.

No, thank you, Paul. It was my pleasure, too many self righteous, "how dare you talk to me like that", but I can talk down to you types (with over inflated self opinions) lurking around here. To quote Scotty...
There is also a certain antagonistic and unsavoury element who feel that anyone with less than about five years worth of time up here at pprune should only 'speak' when spoken to.
May I ask how old you are? And, what part did you play in developing your website with your partner? Hows it going on the site response wise?

J-NUS
14th Dec 2007, 15:43
Whats a busbar? Is that something you see when you turn left on boarding an A380?

ScottyDoo
14th Dec 2007, 16:27
Fool.

No, it's a drinking establishment for boguns and westies.

Scurvy.D.Dog
14th Dec 2007, 23:42
TC :E ... don't need to watch
.... we all know that 100% of the crew up there are heat affected loon's :} :p :E
Re the definition ... I guess it is OK ..... and errm what is MATS?? :E
:ok:
P.S. Give my best to 'Bruce' :) .. hope she is well!!