PDA

View Full Version : A REALLY unusual request of you Freight Dogs

Linedriver
13th Dec 2007, 04:25
Gents (and gentesses), I received the following unusual request from my daughter, who is a PR agent with a rush project for a client who is targeting... you. There's no hidden agenda; it's just a request for information, which I will forward on to her. (I can imagine what some of the answers are going to be re "which magazine?" How do you spell "Hustl.. Husstlllr.. Hussteell..."(from daughter's boss to her) I also have a special task for you: getting reliable info on what media cargo pilots read. This is something I need by Friday, noon time, and it needs to give us a good idea on how we can reach potential NewCo pilots. Also, there any fairs they attend? Do you have any industry contacts that could give you first hand information?

hetfield
13th Dec 2007, 05:55
Most of the time I 'm reading this:

http://www.slowfood.com/

Coleman Myers
13th Dec 2007, 08:57
Sadly most of the media I find in the seat pockets is either very old copies "WHAT CAR?" and "TOP GEAR" or rather unsalubrious publications that one would view rather than read and seem to disappear whenever the MD's wife travels supnmry :rolleyes: !!!.

Mercenary Pilot
13th Dec 2007, 09:10
All pilots read Nuts and Zoo, even the girls. :)

dixi188
13th Dec 2007, 09:53
Flight International!
Page 1 is at the back (job ads).

ABUKABOY
13th Dec 2007, 10:48
Cargo pilots......read????!!!! Anyway, it's usually too b%**^~ dark!

EAM
13th Dec 2007, 17:23
I usualy read computer and sport magazins.
But if I would be interested in a new job, I would look at FI, just make sure the ad is at the last pages, most pilots dont even know that FI has front pages and articles in it.

coopervane
13th Dec 2007, 21:48
Yorkie Towers used to read Pigeon Fancier Weekly and the Sparking Cloggs Gazette.

He has probably moved on to more techno publications these days and I do know he sticks his nose into Fred Dibnah's "Steam-The future" now and again.

Coop & Be round for xmas beer v soon Bear:}

hardcase
15th Dec 2007, 16:46
Evo magazine.....excellent read every month.

:ok:

Self Loading Freight
17th Dec 2007, 18:22
Aren't you reading it right now?

R (numeeja bunny)

Lemper
17th Dec 2007, 18:39
National Geographic, Sciences et Vie, OM-A&B.