View Full Version : Serious car accident at LGW

Winston
21st Jun 2000, 22:46
Hi guys! Does anyone know anything about the poor airtours girl who was involved in a serious car accident on the road leading to X carpark at LGW this morning?
For those of you not aware it involved her car(a metro or car of similar size)and one of the car park buses.
Unfortunately she was trapped in the car for at least 45 minutes whilst the fire brigade cut her free.
The car park road was blocked for the best part of two hours.
If anyone can help with an update on her condition or better still where to send cards/flowers to I would be very grateful.
My thoughts are with her family and friends at this difficult time....

SussexAirwaysPurser
22nd Jun 2000, 02:13
There have been too many accidents along this stretch of the perimeter road....the waiting buses are a hazard, esp. at the stop just before X car park gates - people pulling out from the car park cannot see oncoming traffic, the BAA should put bus lay-bys in, however with airport ops no longer their core business (replaced by retailing)it's probably not on their list of priorities. I also find that trucks seem to pull out of the Gate Gourmet unit whether or not there is any oncoming traffic....I've had to slam on the brakes a few times. Finally, the spotters who seem to park where it suits them on the perimeter road are also a pain.
Anyway that's my whinge over, my sympathy goes to the AIH crew member involved...may she have a speedy & pain-free recovery.

[This message has been edited by SussexAirwaysPurser (edited 22 June 2000).]

SussexAirwaysPurser
22nd Jun 2000, 02:24
Just seen the sad news on Rumours & News...my sympathy goes to her family, friends & colleagues.

BIGGUS DICKUS
22nd Jun 2000, 20:25
The girl in question later died after being cut out of her vehicle. My heart goes out to her and her family, may she rest in peace.

It would be a good idea for all ppruners to express their deepest sympathy for the girl involved by posting a message of sympathy on this page.

I know as a community we all feel deeply sorry about what has happened, as mentioned let's hope the BAA does something about the state of the road....i for one will be sticking to the speed limit from now on.

NotJustDollys
22nd Jun 2000, 20:45
To AIH Cabin Attendants Family

Our thoughts and Deepest Sympathy is with you and I think I would speak on Behalf of any employee from easyJet.
God Bless and May She Rest in Peace
GoodNight and Sleep well!!!

Speedjeans
23rd Jun 2000, 00:12
Well said Not Just Dollys,
my thoughts too...

Winston
23rd Jun 2000, 16:43
Very,very tragic news! My thoughts are with the friends and family who have been left with a terrible void by the untimily passing of this young life.
I had the misfortune to arrive on the scene minutes after this terrible accident took place and the memories will stay with me.
Does anyone know the young ladies name and where the best place to send cards to. I will lay flowers at the scene to-day.
God rest her soul and give courage to those left behind......................

ExSimGuy
24th Jun 2000, 16:14
I echo the above and I'll say a prayer for her as well. God be with her and with her family & friends

petemarnick
24th Jun 2000, 21:27
My Deepest Sympathy to the family and friends
who have lost someone very close.

On behalf of Virgin Atlantic Airways

HUE JORGAN
26th Jun 2000, 00:24
when she entered this life, she was crying, yet everybody around her was laughing.......may she exit this life laughing, and have everybody around her crying.........god bless