PDA

View Full Version : Bond 2.2 Million

Bebsi Nocoke
12th Dec 2007, 12:49
Bahrain pols cort decidet, bond for Mr. kent es mor then 2 milian dalars

sad his vary naice man! wiy thay mayke this?

templarknight
12th Dec 2007, 12:54
....WTF?.....

Bebsi Nocoke
12th Dec 2007, 13:08
Mr. micahel the band es naw 2miilian dallars

stai in ayland lang tiyme

Vayree saree

tbaylx
12th Dec 2007, 14:31
I think i can translate this...

After GF arrested one of it's previous employees, held him in the country for several months, and threw him in jail, the courts have now finally got around to setting his bail at 2.2 million USD.

If that's so its one of the more silly things Bahrain has come up with in the last few years.

International
12th Dec 2007, 17:46
MK was arrested July 12th on charges of defrauding the government of Bahrain. He spent one night in jail and was released the next day on BD1,000 bail.

After 4 and a half months, and no evidence presented, the criminal case was finally dropped by the public prosecutor.

The next day, Gulf Air started a civil case claiming damages of BD200,000 and another travel ban was put in place. Again, no evidence has been presented to the court.

It would seem GF are trying to keep MK in Bahrain at all costs, but it is not clear to what end...

salahabuali
13th Dec 2007, 08:56
The bloody tosser should be lucky he is not locked up.

He was arrogant and a classic arsehole.

Anyone feeling sorry for the boy is probably suffering from the Stockholm syndrome.

Let him rot on the Island!

deplanedeplane2
13th Dec 2007, 13:10
They want to keep him in town as long as possible. This is so they can put even more pressure on him to give up the dirt on the real crook JH so they can arrest him and bring him back to Bah. When that happens they will lock up JH for a period of time just long enough for "Pettyhard" to fall apart. Then they will ship JH back accross the water to serve time over there. Call it a double F.U. payback for what he has done.:ugh::ugh:

Give MK a break. It must suck being stuck in Bah 24hrs 7 days a week with nothing to do but twiddle your thumbs.:(

salahabuali
13th Dec 2007, 14:07
JH will not do a thing for MK

JH is the JH show and only the JH show.

Me myself and I, and of course blondie...to rim him.

Al Fakhem Snr.
13th Dec 2007, 14:43
Well, he can always be found half pissed at Hemingways with his cronies 3 to 4 times a week.

Bebsi Nocoke
13th Dec 2007, 14:53
he nos praim meeneestr ?

gud christina man haram!

salahabuali
13th Dec 2007, 15:03
Why don't they get George Bush to intervene while they are at it?

The guy was a crook!

Worse is probably the added missionary involvement in the Christian church in Bahrain, typical oblivion of Mr. Kent and his henchmen to local culture and phobias...

Says it all in my opinion!

Al Fakhem Snr.
13th Dec 2007, 15:25
Now slap my arse suzan if that ain't just some evangelical presence we actually missed while it was happenig, and there is me going to St. christopher every Sunday morning thnking I was doing my deeds to the holy spirit.

Was Michael also involved in the British club, white supremacist group?

It just wouldn't surprise me...!:8

salahabuali
13th Dec 2007, 15:46
So Mr. kent found the solution to the religious problems of Islam, he will evnagelise everyone, so there will be no Sunnis or Shiites, but just evangelical Bahrainis, how picturesque and befitting of the lovely island!

How many bahrainis did he finally manage to convert or is converting there now?

deplanedeplane2
13th Dec 2007, 16:11
:ok::Dlol:ok::Dlol:ok::Dlol:ok::Dlol:ok::Dlol:E

MikeHunt
13th Dec 2007, 16:27
So now that he is finally done for his mismanagement of inflight, maybe someone can shed light as to the extent of his wrong doing.

Pitty that Bahrainis did not have the guts to stop him, but followed through like sheep.

What a fecking arrogant bastard, if I was Gulf I would have raised the bar at 10 Million US, I am sure that between the three year stocks of pyjamas, the balsamic vinegar, the blankets that never existed, the kids' toys et all he must be hovering at around 20 million that he expropriated from GF.

But I am not one to say, just saw the arsehole several times at the british club and I was not impressed with his sois disant "know how" or by the crew of chefs who hung around hime like he was some guru, when the guy was an absolute moron.

So long Michael, it is time for you to eat some bacha and sheep sh*t for the rest of your life, talking about gourmet cuisine!!! Unless of course hoguie is prepared to bail you out with the comission he made from Sabre.

left_to_first_class
13th Dec 2007, 19:11
It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the chess game. Keep MK in BAH until at some point he agrees to the demand of GF and spills the beans. With many at GF not very happy at the way JH and is merry men 'conducted' business then MK could be in BAH for a long long time.

Time to sing that famous evangelical song ' oh happy days ...... ':E

ironbutt57
14th Dec 2007, 13:55
Whatever criticism you want to throw at the chef thingy, I ride our F class on leave tickets, and the occasional F class to Europe, and admittedly the chef/menu/food quality is rather impressive and above all others when it comes to Gulf carriers.:ok:.now if the toilets and IFE just worked:{

salahabuali
14th Dec 2007, 16:45
The chef thingy is not the invention of Michael Kent, it was used in Ansett, BMI, now Gulf Air and soon Etihad although under a different title.

If anything it is the best way to create a parallel market and screw the brand architecture with a pillar that may just cause more damage than good.

This is not about criticising the chef thing, it's about embezzlement of funds which could have served for example to pay us salary increases long ago.

This man is guilty and whatever excuse he has is as lame as his knowledge of the business. Had he acted with some sense of responsibility he would not be where he is now, nor would Gulf Air be in the situation it is in now.
He who pretended he never had a penny to his budget was ordering willy nilly right left and center articles that were not required on board. And where the budget was allocated, the items never made it on-board. This is not to mention purchases made on behalf of GF without due tender process.

The chefs are doing a great job for GF though, but can we afford to keep them?

MikeHunt
14th Dec 2007, 16:57
Michael Kent took resposibility for running the chefs but he was nowhere near being one.

His knowledge of food is like asking an Australian where is the north pole.

Let hime sit there and enjoy the weather. ( in bahrain or the north pole )

ironbutt57
14th Dec 2007, 17:05
Haha...good one Mike...:ok:

deplanedeplane2
14th Dec 2007, 19:52
This man is guilty and whatever excuse he has is as lame as his knowledge of the business.

The only way you know 100% for sure if he is guilty is if you had your fingers in the cash till as well.:=

Keep fighting the battle Mike. You have plenty of supporters out there. They are only picking on you because you are an Expat, and no other person that held your position has won as many awards in the time that you did.:ok::D

The only thing you did wrong was to make them look bad.:D:E

ironbutt57
14th Dec 2007, 20:32
"Paging Mr hunt...Mr Hunt please pick up the white telephone...has anybody seen mi....kunt??":}

International
14th Dec 2007, 23:13
I'm a bit confused by your (Salahabuali) bitter critisism of MK going to church...

I know very few people (local or expat) that worked with the Australians have anything good to say about them, but you seem to hate them even more than most.

Was there an incident that you would like to share that would explain your feelings? I understand if you can't name just ONE as everyone who came into contact with the Austalians has numerous examples, but it'd be instructive to see why you are so critical.

MikeHunt
15th Dec 2007, 04:38
Morning IB bright eyed and bushy tailed, where do we start our day, today?:)

salahabuali
15th Dec 2007, 04:55
Nothing against anyone going anywhere habibi.

Church, mosque, synagogue, temple.

However, to write that the guy participated in missionary work is fringing on the ridiculous.

If anyone has any idea of what this particular story could lead to...

Missionary work is forbidden in this part of the world under any shape or form.

But better than that, it shows the full scope of ignorance and insensitivity of Kent and his lot of the region the social environment they were working in and the current religious problems specific to Bahrain.

This reflects on poor management skills, the sheer ignorance of Australians as a whole, and the question I ask is: How can you manage when you are so ignorant?

So were they really managing Gulf Air?

Imagine Khomaieni managing Qantas, what would you get? same results.

MikeHunt
16th Dec 2007, 19:03
Anyway i think this is perhaps the best thing that ever happened to JH he got rid of an embarassing idiot.

Fancy seeing him walking around the AUH HQ with his torn socks.

salahabuali
17th Dec 2007, 05:14
Apparently another case has been raised against Mr. Kent.......in addition to the current civil case.

Bebsi Nocoke
23rd Dec 2007, 14:46
The hearin is on tomraw we hope se is three!

Icarus
23rd Dec 2007, 17:34
Bebsi, who are you trying to kid?

Writing like a 3 year old on most threads but quite eloquent on another (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=305431&page=2) or did your 3 year old actually write that one?

Bebsi Nocoke
23rd Dec 2007, 17:41
I went to seednee for english layssins!

Al Fakhem Snr.
1st Jan 2008, 06:29
Happy new Year Mr. Kent, may all your wishes come true next year, in the meantime enjoy the Bahrain cuisine and the company of your Zanjibari friends.

May 2008 be full of surprises, one after the other that will accull you to that wall you forgot existed, and I also wish all those others you screwed to have their day by seeing you plead for forgiveness, but not after you paid your dues.

Basil-Fawlty
1st Jan 2008, 07:34
"Michael is a committed Christian and during his five years in Bahrain he has been actively involved in local mission outreach through the central Christian church"

This will go down very well in his defence in the ME!:rolleyes:

"The next day, Gulf Air started a civil case claiming damages of BD200,000 ", "full compensation sought by Gulf Air"

By today's exchange rate the BD200,000 will be 606,677 Australian Dollars! Why is GF placing a AUD$1.6 M!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

"When Michael's lawyer went to post the bond with the Court, in retaliation that the bond was raised, Gulf Air immediately placed a another claim of AUD$1.6 million dollars and demanded the travel ban be continued".

You do not expect any Normal law as we know it to be implemented in these countries do you? Well, do you punk? Go a head make me laugh!:E

I say; what was his alleged (Mr M) actual contribution to GF financial loss?

"Beloved country my ar@se (ar@se) ":ooh:

While we are on the subject of ar@se (ar@se) speaking, does anyone know what was "Slap my ar@se (ar@se) Suzan" alleged contribution to GF loss? or her role in the alleged demise of such once upon a time magnificent airline!:(

Bebsi Nocoke (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=203979)
"Bahrain pols cort decidet,Mr. micahel the band es naw 2miilian dallars,stai in ayland lang tiyme,
Vayree saree"

If you do not mind me saying old boy, I do believe you are taking the Piss!:}

happy new year and Safe flying to all from Sybil, Polly and Manuel!:ok:

BF

Al Fakhem Snr.
1st Jan 2008, 07:51
Valid points BF.

The problem is Michael played the same game of opacity while at GF, it would be a contradiction to say now that that same opacity in the judicial systems of Bahrain are no longer suiting his needs.

Live by the sword, die by the sword! and i did not invent that...