PDA

View Full Version : Heads to roll at Qlink?

DeafStar
12th Dec 2007, 11:17
I hear that some of the head honchos in QL are likely to get the chop soon. Maybe the shortage of pilots and increasing cancellations are causing someone to finally be responsible?

Toluene Diisocyanate
12th Dec 2007, 16:59
The Snr Fleet boss to go.
Heard Training Mgr pulling the pin. Rumour he's off to VB! :}
No.42 has head in sand. House of cards rapidly collapsing.

YOU CAN'T SAY YOUSE WERENT WARNED!:=

See youse!
TDI

whatdouknow
12th Dec 2007, 18:17
I wonder if there is a precedent set with other arms of the Q business?
:rolleyes:

phantom menace
12th Dec 2007, 18:35
The problem is reacting to a problem too late - a proactive approach is a risky business for individual managers...you're shafted either way.
Airline policies are taken at board level , therefore when the s**t hits the fan..a scape goat is needed and sacrificed.

Launch_code_Harry
12th Dec 2007, 19:06
a proactive approach is a risky business for individual managers...you're shafted either way.
It all depends how long you have been telling those above you what they want to hear.

teggun
12th Dec 2007, 19:18
Any idea why the Snr Fleet Manager is to go?

Was he pushed or had he just had enough.

Will he be replaced?

ron burgandy
12th Dec 2007, 19:33
I'd have to suggest that if it's true then surely he was pushed. He's such a power hungry control freak, there's no way he'd go voluntarily. I mean if he can't yell and scream at people from a position of authority how will he ever get any respect!:ugh:

teggun
12th Dec 2007, 19:55
If the Training Manager goes to VB it would be nice to see him go straight into a recruitment position to further enhance our career progression into VB.

Qantas management still don't realise we exist, however once the aircraft are parked due to lack of crews they soon will.

wessex19
12th Dec 2007, 21:15
was chatting with a Qlink skipper at our golf club christmas party on Saturday night and he was telling me he is off to vb next year. He is in his 50's so age these days is no barrier to moving on boys (and girls)!!!!!

farrari
12th Dec 2007, 22:32
Same goes for Q Link, pilots suffer because wankers who hire once again have no idea, god help us, they could not run a B pie stall, and if they want to ring me once I am home from miami please do so on 0403764004
Chris
An airline is a business not a place for your ego.

Capt Wally
12th Dec 2007, 23:25
Such events are the culmination of poor management at the upper levels in recent times where once upon a time their 'seat's where well padded !.............now their seats are more like the deck chairs on a certain boat ! Also remember the pupeteers hidden behind the black curtain are well heeled, they don't need to be too concerned where thier next dollar is coming from 'cause the 'workers' out there have done the 'heeling' for them !
Interesting to read tho that VB are taking guy/s over 50, I guess his experience level is too hard to ignore, good luck to that individual. I know of a few work freinds that are close to 50 with oodles of experience & few ever get thru to the airlines, maybe there isn't a pilot shortage afterall, just a shortage of ones that can be 'moulded' !

Here's a good Eg. Aussie male, late 40's, 2 crew jet experience albiet at Citation level, over 10000 hrs, stable work record as in 8 yrs now with one employer. Twin training instructor. His only downside he las little hair!:)......a recent interview yielded the result of, 'tnxs but not tnxs', there are more suitable candidates where seeking & processing at the moment!!!!!:confused: Sorry for the thread drift but I get angry to hear there are planes parkes up against the fence with suitable pilots standing there looking at them !:confused: And I know of others that are in much the same position, go figure !

...............ahhh that feels better, tnxs for listening:-)

capt wally :-)

Howard Hughes
12th Dec 2007, 23:33
Don't give up yet Wally!:ok:

pilotshorvath
12th Dec 2007, 23:48
Capt Wally...

Here's a good Eg. Aussie male, late 40's, 2 crew jet experience albiet at Citation level, over 10000 hrs, stable work record as in 8 yrs now with one employer. Twin training instructor. His only downside he las little hair!:)......

This example sounds like someone I might know. Does he currently work in "the Perth area"?:confused:

Howard Hughes
13th Dec 2007, 00:12
Does he currently work in "the Perth area"?
No! I do know however at least ten people who would fit that description...:ok:

Capt Wally
13th Dec 2007, 00:54
............HH I should have mentioned no it's not me, wish it was then I'd be less than 50 !:bored:..............am sure there are numerous guys out there in the same boat !...............not a PH guy either.............must be lots of blading men out there by the sounds of things:-)

Capt Wally

p.s..........how's SYd HH ?:)

Howard Hughes
13th Dec 2007, 01:04
Sydney is good, cause I'm on holiday!;)

TROJAN764
13th Dec 2007, 03:15
Ah yes! I suspect that the only thing we at the coal face are likely to hear reverberating through the Qantas corridors of power will be the sound of stable doors slamming shut.:sad:

Icarus53
13th Dec 2007, 05:03
That's both of the CAR 217 managers!

Wouldn't want any problems with training in the next couple of months at either SSA or EAA (although a replacement is nominated for SSA).

I'm sure that won't be an issue at all, what with the numerous Q400 drivers EAA will be training over the next year (under SSA 217 and on their AOC!) Not like you really need anybody in the job either when they're introducing a new sim (the only one of its type in the country!):uhoh:

Have to wonder who is about to step up to the plate.

The word I hear is that the fleet manager will remain at EAA, as a line capt?

Going Boeing
13th Dec 2007, 05:28
Icarus, I heard that there are two sims coming for QLink. The first will be the Q400 sim followed 9-12 months later by a Q300 sim to replace the Dash8-100 sim. Both new sims will go into the old B747 RR Classic sim bays (3 & 4) which because of their smaller size means that shorter throw hydraulic actuators have been specified. The current Dash8-100 sim bay will become home for the second A330 sim.

It will be interesting to see if they can keep the crews & instructors required for two sims.

Icarus53
13th Dec 2007, 09:33
The 400 sim should be less of a problem to operate- no initial hires (only differences training and cyclics) and use by other operators is for the individual company to sort out. The instructors are already available to an extent (and being used for cyclic training overseas), and should expand with 400 crew bases opening in SYD and CNS. Certification may be more of an issue - first sim of its type in the country???

The 300 will be the other way around - just hope this one is a little more stable than TQR!!! Thanks for the notes on where they're going - had wondered about that! I also heard the 400 will have electric actuators???

The bottom line - not a good time to be down a couple of training managers! Wonder when the vacancy notices will go up.

flylittlebirdie
13th Dec 2007, 09:57
i suggest they increase the stinking upfront extortion fee to $15000, that should fix it!