PDA

View Full Version : Dangers at sea

tony draper
12th Dec 2007, 10:21
Mucky weather, Cargo shifts,container falls and squishes someones Land Rover being carried in number four hatch,container splits open and spills 100,000 cans of beer all over the place,what a disaster, crew now obliged to do hazardous duty and get rid of same.:E
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k226/Tony_Draper/xmas_all_at_once.jpg
:rolleyes:

west lakes
12th Dec 2007, 10:25
:E
probably the biggest disaster was when the intended recipiants of said beer didn't get it delivered on time

G-CPTN
12th Dec 2007, 10:29
Looks like the stuff sold by ALDI.

west lakes
12th Dec 2007, 10:32
Nah I think it's stella, landrover could be mil looking at the colour

forget
12th Dec 2007, 10:36
landrover could be mil looking at the colour

How on earth did you work that out. :eek: You a Spook?

tony draper
12th Dec 2007, 10:53
Worked on the railway goods yard briefly, railways in those days still using those old fashioned waggons with sliding doors on the side, err you know, the one's popular with the Germans,anyway Xmas time one is shunted into the loading dock with liquid gushing from it, shunting in those days was done in a rather violent manner, we investigate,the waggon is sealed under Bond so we summon HM Customs, Customs man opens waggon,tiz half full of burst open cases of Whiskey Gin Brandy Vodka ect floor of waggon covered in broken glass and awash with very expensive spirits,most of it poured out onto trackside,many old railwaymen in tears,didn't bother me overmuch as one was not a great spirit drinker.

BabyBear
12th Dec 2007, 11:29
Where, where, when, please. My new car is enroute from Germany!

BlueDiamond
12th Dec 2007, 12:42
Now here's a "danger at sea" for you!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/BlueDiamond01/sea.jpg

:uhoh:

'Chuffer' Dandridge
12th Dec 2007, 12:49
How on earth did you work that out. You a Spook?

I'm no spook, but looking at the paint scheme of the ship, I reckon it's one of the RFA 'Point Class' PFI vessels which you can see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_class

greenslopes
12th Dec 2007, 12:55
Bet it took more than one attempt to land a container on top of the Beer carrying land rover!
Well done lads!!

fernytickles
12th Dec 2007, 13:09
I think the landrover was probably fine until the beer had been tasted by the crew after which the landrover was test driven on the ship's deck, or in the hold....

Sallyann1234
12th Dec 2007, 13:09
Bet it took more than one attempt to land a container on top of the Beer carrying land rover!

Read it again. The beer was in the container, not the LR

tony draper
12th Dec 2007, 13:11
Technically speaking the crew are committing Barratry.

Gainesy
12th Dec 2007, 13:13
That LR deserved to be squashed. Only poofs have hard tops.:suspect:

ronnie3585
12th Dec 2007, 13:29
Mucky weather, Cargo shifts,container falls and squishes someones Land Rover being carried in number four hatch,container splits open and spills 100,000 cans of beer all over the place,what a disaster, crew now obliged to do hazardous duty and get rid of same.....Saturday afternoon, dads and sons at the football, half time, sqeezy peaz, jumpers for goalpoasts..... marvelous.

bnt
12th Dec 2007, 13:49
That must be the rumoured "compact" Land Rover, then? I wouldn't be surprised to see containers making an appearance on Top Gear next season, or perhaps Brainiac. :ouch: