atchoum
12th Dec 2007, 08:52
THE FDA SERVICE COVERS YOU THROUGH
ALL ASPECTS OF…
• Programme start-up and configuration
• Recurrent data processing and event detection
• Programme monitoring and trend analysis
• Detailed event analysis and incident investigation

Any Idae about this system and if its useful on not and if their is alternative but more cheaper. please advice thank you very much.:)

Shawn Coyle
12th Dec 2007, 10:02
I think we need more details of who FDA Services are, please.

Tightflester
12th Dec 2007, 17:53
Shawn, I'd ask Atchoum. I think he works in their sales office ;)

atchoum
13th Dec 2007, 08:09
No I don't work 4 them:=, I work for a humanitarian aviation agency, auditors would like to request our operators to install that system, I personally find it very costly, and I'm wondering if it doesn't have a cheaper equivalent.

Tightflester
13th Dec 2007, 10:45
Sorry Atchoum, only joking.
I do find it strange that you are being asked to procure expensive instrumentanion kit for aircraft doing 'humanitarian' tasks.
What data is required and why?

atchoum
16th Dec 2007, 06:16
Hi!!!
it will be used to increase the safety level of our flights, we will be able to monitor the safety performance of our flights at all times and from anywhere...

Shawn Coyle
16th Dec 2007, 12:21
Still not certain what "FDA services" are, but if you're looking for something to record flights, I'd suggest you contact Appareo systems - they have an awesome and very inexpensive piece of equipment that will give a 'mini-Flight Data Recorder' capability. $5,000 or so.

Tightflester
16th Dec 2007, 13:08
Hi!!!
it will be used to increase the safety level of our flights, we will be able to monitor the safety performance of our flights at all times and from anywhere...

Atchoum,
I too am unsure as to what the FDA service is.
I would be interested to know what you feel is unsafe with your present set up such that you need to ‘increase the safety level’. I am not sure what you mean by ‘safety performance’.
Are you seeking a method of fatigue monitoring?

PPMoNe
16th Dec 2007, 22:04
All is explained here:

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP739.PDF

Atchoum, there are many hardware & software solutions available in the market if you can do the job in house rather then outsourcing. It's no rocket science. :ok:

PPMoNe
16th Dec 2007, 22:09
oh, & feel free to pm me if you need any help.