PDA

View Full Version : New GF Seniority List

Chuck Y
12th Dec 2007, 06:00
Any thoughts on the new GF seniority list? Myself, I think the points system was much fairer.

ironbutt57
13th Dec 2007, 04:58
Yes I have to say I agree with it as well...time served as a flt deck crewmember is seniority earned, regardless of which seat in the flight deck:ok:

Sal-e
13th Dec 2007, 07:38
Those who are favour of the points system, put yourselves in the shoes of pilots who have been here longer than you have but don't have the points. It'll be like banging your head against a wall:ugh:.
Date of initial line-check isn't perfect either but the next best option is a far away second.
I must admit the points system would work in my favour but fair is fair.

Apache702
13th Dec 2007, 10:04
Some people had their line check rescheduled many times because of a shortage of training pilots, mine was rescheduled 5 times, so i ended up doing my line check 1 month later than the initial scheduled date, those in the same situation lost a few seniority number, it should have been date of completion of simulator training to be 100% fair.

Trader
13th Dec 2007, 11:30
...or how about they dont reinvent the wheel.........date of hire - like 99% of the rest of the world.....naw...that would be too simple.

ironbutt57
13th Dec 2007, 12:55
Date of hire would give seniority advantage to second officers away getting their cpl's those who joined ops from other depts...so it was decided that it is better to use date of qualification as a flt crewmember