PDA

View Full Version : Surveillance Australia Bond

DUXNUTZ
11th Dec 2007, 23:48
Gidday,

Whats' the bond period for Surveillance and costs to break out of it if required?

Danke.

-Nuts

Dee
12th Dec 2007, 06:52
25000, over 3 years

KRUSTY 34
12th Dec 2007, 07:38
$25k OVER 3 YEARS!

OUCH!!!

maxgrad
12th Dec 2007, 07:43
You in the land of OZ yet Dux?

Green gorilla
12th Dec 2007, 20:22
Try 2.5 years and 40 grand for a command in aerorescue but they do send you to Canada for training.

DUXNUTZ
12th Dec 2007, 21:06
The dux is in transit! My flock is currently resting in a pond in the midwest but hoping to get airborne in the next week and a half.

Whiskey Oscar Golf
12th Dec 2007, 21:54
I was wondering about the legality of the SA bond? Do you still have to pay? I heard of a court case that had an outcome favourable to the pilot who left without paying. It might be appealed as we speak though. They may have written it more strongly into the AWA, but I know of quite a few that left without paying. What are their options for legal actions on an upgrade situation? How legal is it? More importantly how does the non fulfillment of the moral obligation affect future employment.

Green gorilla
13th Dec 2007, 02:32
Airlines dont give a rats

AerocatS2A
13th Dec 2007, 02:59
WOG the current bonds are supposed to be water tight provided they're signed in conjunction with the current AWA. This hasn't happened in some cases.

I don't think there is generally a problem with other companies if you haven't paid a bond, though I've heard that Qantas doesn't like it and Cathay will pay it for you. I guess the problems occur when the airline industry turns to **** and you find yourself trying to get your old job back. There were quite a few who came back to SAPL when Ansett went down. I guess it's matter of whether you're comfortable burning bridges as you progress.

PS say hi to our wives from me and my animals