PDA

View Full Version : Gf Crm Arrogance

bus787
11th Dec 2007, 13:09
Rumours that recent Upgraded Commander was shouting at a TRE in ops.
Local Capt was arrogant enough to say that he still managed to get his four bars whatever the TRE's think about him.

Well done man.Very good CRM.Another weapon in the air.

MY COUNTRY MY AIRLINE.!!!

ironbutt57
11th Dec 2007, 13:17
Just to clarify, "bus" isn't referring to the chap on the poster..you couldnt find a nicer bloke than the chap pictured on the poster board:ok:

salahabuali
11th Dec 2007, 17:16
GF 72 here we come!

B. Bonga
11th Dec 2007, 19:12
This is all handbags, especially if it's a rumour. Lest you witnessed this particular occurrence first hand, posting it on Pprune for all sundry to have a dig at GF is immature.............go get sumthing to keep you warm this winter dude than rumour mongering......:p

brassplate
11th Dec 2007, 19:23
a coupla instructors maybe need to polish their art of 'instructing' and human skills more. but i think all of them are quite good.

FlyingSpanner
12th Dec 2007, 01:16
Just a question. What exactly is this forum if not a RUMOUR forum?

PPRuNe!

Spanner!!!! :ok:

bus787
12th Dec 2007, 01:21
BONGA go check what PPRUNE means.than talk.
ANd just for info I can now confirm it is TRUE........
So actually should be now transferred to GDN. as it is not anymore a RUMOUR but a FACT.
MY Country MY Airline ............continue the sentence!!

ironbutt57
12th Dec 2007, 02:05
Don't associate this occurrence with "my country my airline" seen a couple good CRM gaffes from expats from the back seat of the sim myself as well...:ok:

brassplate
12th Dec 2007, 03:14
a little off-topic...that new poster featuring one pilot does not really qualify in my books as a good marketing strategy, especially with the slogan 'my country, my airline' (unless it was designed to spur the thousands of locals to fly THEIR airline). maybe they should concentrate their marketing budget regionally, and without using that patriotic piece. i mean what would make anyone want to fly gf on that note alone? with the meagre funds i seem to think they have on marketing, maybe they should be a bit more shrewd in attracting new business with it (no offence to the mentioned goatied young chap). personally, young buxom belles clad in figure-hugging, undersized uniforms does it for me.:}

Chuck Y
12th Dec 2007, 06:05
The GDN Gf ad was just to make certain high up people happy, it was not done for marketing at all.
Reagarding the shouting in ops. Well we have some local & expats that raise there voices far too much. It's not exclusive to one bunch or the other.

deplanedeplane
12th Dec 2007, 11:04
If its their Country Their Airline, why are all the expats to blame for all the problems, why are all the expats getting arrested, why everytime a new expat starts he gets blamed for the old problems?

MY Country MY Airline, my problem, blame me, chuck me in jail, no more problems.:rolleyes: SORTED.:E

Not too small
12th Dec 2007, 11:25
If GF has this much problems within the crew that means that the management are week or we dont have any.

NO FD NO SRS
12th Dec 2007, 12:55
Mr Bus!

"MY COUNTRY MY AIRLINE" crap came from your side. he never said that sentence or shouted at TRE. Talking about CRM... I wonder how much CRM you have with this amount of hate for locals???

Propellor
12th Dec 2007, 14:40
No FD, No SRS, cool it, mate!

The matter was proven, as there was a witness who testified against the new Captain, and our new Commander has been charged. Leave it to the management to decide the punishment.

About the Training - well, if the Training let him go with doubtful standards, then it is their problem, and they should be accountable.

As for Bahrainis - I think that they are as good or as bad as others in this world. As a general standard, they are not as good as the expats, but then the expats should remember the weaker lot in their parent airlines, those that did not get out to become expats! They should not compare the average Bahraini pilot with their own standard - it is a tad unfair.

Trust me, each airline has their share of the idiots, the non-CRM, the non-procedural, the non-compliant, the non-non-smoking, the ......... lot of pilots. Gulf Air and Bahrain are no different.

.Aero
12th Dec 2007, 17:35
each airline has their share of the idiots, the non-CRM, the non-procedural, the non-compliantShouldn't GulfAir actively lay off such individuals? Why would they embrace such individuals to represent Gulf Air and it's company culture? People in possession of the above mentioned attributes are a liability. :bored:

Propellor
12th Dec 2007, 19:27
"Shouldn't GulfAir actively lay off such individuals? Why would they embrace such individuals to represent Gulf Air and it's company culture? People in possession of the above mentioned attributes are a liability."

Easy.
Will you make the call? For a start, have you reported your Captain or First Officer smoking? Or, does it never takes place when you are around! Come on!

.Aero
12th Dec 2007, 20:05
have you reported your Captain or First Officer smoking?

No - I'm not a pilot nor a Gulf Air employee; however I would like to know out of interest if such channels of internally reporting incidents or non-compliance exist within Gulf Air - and if so - do they guarantee anonymity?

Che Guevara
13th Dec 2007, 05:06
I'm not a pilot nor a Gulf Air employee; however I would like to know out of interest if such channels of internally reporting incidents or non-compliance exist within Gulf Air - and if so - do they guarantee anonymity?
Aero,
So what are you doing on this forum amigo?

Shouldn't GulfAir actively lay off such individuals?

Quite frankly, it's none of your business....

Adios

B. Bonga
13th Dec 2007, 17:35
Pprune being a rumour network cannot be disputed. But using it to wash dirty linen in public borders on juvenile behaviour. :* Sometimes l think an age limit would bring sanity to some of the stuff you see here.

Amazingly these are some of the people we have to entrust with the lives of our family members. :hmm::hmm: Am not playing holier than thou but some guys here take the piss out of Pprune. So bus 787 and Flying spanner go knit a sweater or something .........:p

........let the big cahoonas deal with the matter !

In the meantime am off to grab a beer..........:}

ironbutt57
14th Dec 2007, 16:34
a very old "little Johnny" joke

Little Johnny goes to his father a major senior airline Capt

"daddy daddy, when I grow up I want to be an airline Capt just like you"

Dad's reply..."well son...you can't do BOTH""

'nuff said???

Not too small
15th Dec 2007, 09:49
I chose to be a pilot what did you chose?

ironbutt57
15th Dec 2007, 10:17
Same thing:p

Icarus
15th Dec 2007, 11:50
.aero;

... channels of internally reporting incidents or non-compliance exist within Gulf Air..

I believe this is a requirement of both JAR and IOSA in terms of being able to report without fear of recrimination; so there should be; whether there is, or one that is effective, might be another question.

wingsman
15th Dec 2007, 11:59
Dear all,

Can anybody confirm !!!, i heard that this new capt. in the picture slapped his FO across the face in dispatch during his line check infront of the TRE, then said in My country My :mad::mad: Airline. can anybody clearify this.

Nice CRM !!!

Albergineman
15th Dec 2007, 13:34
I heard as well maybe one year ago one pilot almost hit the other with the crash axle in the cockpit!

My country, my airline, my crash axle...

:ugh:

ELLONNAGUN
15th Dec 2007, 15:16
THE ADD. MY COUNTRY MY A/L

EXTREMELY BAAAAAD HOW THIS WOULD MAKE THE EXPATS:confused: FEEL :confused:CRM IS ABOUT TEAM WORK AND NOT YOU OR ME ITS MUST BE US .:=

undersiege
15th Dec 2007, 17:35
:D:ok:lol,lol,lol:D:ok:
Heard kind of the same story. My GF rumour was that it was one of those flying cook's because the F/O complained the meal he ordered wasn't big enough potion size. It was the straw that broke the camel's back(pardon the pun), because he was flirtting with his Thai assistant and she turned him down.:{

Sal-e
15th Dec 2007, 19:58
That bit of advertisement is probably only about Bahrain's sole ownership of Gulf Air and nothing else. Why is everyone over analysing a simple ad?

undersiege
15th Dec 2007, 22:09
That bit of advertisement is probably only about Bahrain's sole ownership of Gulf Air and nothing else. Why is everyone over analysing a simple ad?:*:*:*

Not just a Simple add. They new what they were doing when they placed the add.

MY COUNTRY MY AIRLINE...... its ours and don't forget it EXPAT.

But when things go wrong, its not our fault, it's the EXPAT fault.

They take over OUR country, take OUR jobs and ruin OUR airline. :yuk::yuk::mad::mad:

.Aero
16th Dec 2007, 00:53
MY COUNTRY MY AIRLINE...... its ours and don't forget it EXPAT.

Sad truth is - Bahrain breeds racism from it's very core.

brassplate
16th Dec 2007, 02:28
just bahrain? try the entire frickin' middle east.

Trader
16th Dec 2007, 04:37
Well, I have not seen the ad or heard any official comment but I am guessing it is a simple marketing effort that you would see anywhere else in the world. In fact, the slogan is so clean and simple that my guess is they ripped it off from another airline in Europe, NA or OZ!!!!

This is the exact type of advertsiing you would see from either a national airline anywhere in the West or from any of the upstart low costs trying to muscle into new markets and capitalize on a countries citizens pride.

So why should GF be any different in that regard. They are targeting the Bahraini narket with those ads and, since it is the countries airline, they have added some national pride which always helps with advertising.

But like I said - have not seen the ads so maybe I am wrong.

Che Guevara
16th Dec 2007, 05:36
Hola Sal-e,

That bit of advertisement is probably only about Bahrain's sole ownership of Gulf Air and nothing else.

I think you are spot on. Bahain now has their own de facto national airline and they are proud of it, nothing wrong with that at all, in fact I congratulate them and wish them all the best. I also believe that as 'expats' we should be thankful that we have jobs in their country and their airline.

Ciao

ironbutt57
16th Dec 2007, 06:01
Sign me up with Trader, and Che..:ok:

hasta la vista baby!!!

El Rey Leon
16th Dec 2007, 16:05
What our future captain did is totally not accepted!
(ref Gf Crm Arrogance thread)

But But But believe me guys there are SOME TREs that really need to hear your voice especially when you are doing your command upgrade, Or you are still a new FO with limited knowledge of the AC and company procedures!

I suggest we talk to them in a professional and mature way!

Most of them are PPRUNERS and they will read our messages

I suggest you tell them through this thread when you think they went wrong! They can either defend themselves or stop torturing people just because they are examiners!

I will give an example of the captain who was shouting in the simulator and insisting that ECAM ACTIONS has to be done with dual Engine Failure!!

My Message to him is
A) He did not know that the procedure of a dual engine flame out is to do the paper checklist.
B) There is no room to scream in the simulator it is just a small box. Freeze the Sim and debrief if necessary
C) We can not always do it YOUR way

Having saying that MOST of them are really good! So let us work on the bad ones :O

bus787
17th Dec 2007, 04:24
If MY country My airline mean that GF is happy with full ownership why after few days that Oman pulled out they said they are trying to find an investor to buy 50%.????
SO than we change MY COUNTRY MY HALF AIRLINE!!!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS GUYS FOR ALL EID XMAS AND NEW YEAR.

brassplate
17th Dec 2007, 05:39
50/50 is majority share in most languages. besides, they need another partner to blame all the problems gf has.

bus787
17th Dec 2007, 06:10
That is good brass.
Also they found out that OOPSS how can I steal from my own Pocket.?