View Full Version : Whos in a Cabin Crew Union?

Altitude
28th Mar 2000, 21:06
Sorry to be a bit boring but I wondered what the best Cabin Crew union was to be in at the moment.
With all the worrying things taking place in the airline industry at the moment Ive just joined a new union called 'pacce' - anyone heard of them?
Are there many others?

SussexAirwaysPurser
29th Mar 2000, 00:14
In the UK there are 2 main cabin crew unions, namely BASSA & Cabin Crew 89 - BASSA are the majority union by far at BA and Cabin Crew 89 deal with other unionised airlines (GB Airways, Airtours etc) plus a few BA members.

[This message has been edited by SussexAirwaysPurser (edited 28 March 2000).]

cabin rat
29th Mar 2000, 11:58
the point to remember when considering whether union membership is worthwhile,is that without it you are only a little voice in a big crowd, and therefore easily shafted by "the man".
here in oz, the faaa look after nearly all unionised fa's, and on the whole have kept us in good remuneration / conditions deals (compared to some of our euro and english cousins!) there are some things to look out for though. who are the union reps, and are their personal interests those of the majority of enrolled members??!! eg, if you operate under a seniority system, are the reps all in the top 10% of that seniority and therefore on the whole not overly bothered by what juniors have to put up with?! (this ought to put the cat amongst it for all ozzie ppruners ;))

the bottom line is, any membership is safer than none - it's insurance

Nav Light
2nd Apr 2000, 12:42
Well, I am in Ozzie too, and I wonder about our union, most of them haven't flown for ages, I honestly think they are out of touch with what's really going on up there, I'm seriously considering starting a breakaway group...........