PDA

View Full Version : JAA atpl distance learning and age 32.

ramis5
11th Dec 2007, 11:03
Hi There ! :ok:

I just finnished ppl-a license. :ugh:

1. Do I have market value as commercial pilot, if I finnish full ATPL-A training (IR, CPL, ME) when I'm 34 years old w/o any type ratings?

2. Where is most cheap freely in Europe JAA/JAR ATPL-A distance learning school ? (Shool name and price)?

Thanks and Best Regards,
ramis

AlphaMale
11th Dec 2007, 12:38
1. Do I have market value as commercial pilot, if I finnish full ATPL-A training (IR, CPL, ME) when I'm 34 years old w/o any type ratings?

2. Where is most cheap freely in Europe JAA/JAR ATPL-A distance learning school ? (Shool name and price)?

1. Plenty of age related threads here on pprune, (take a look using the search engine). Pilots landing jobs in their late 30's isn't uncommon and even ealy/mid 40's.

2. A lot of people have used Bristol Ground School and have had very good reviews, although not the cheapest I think they will be my first choice.

Good luck.

Mikehotel152
11th Dec 2007, 12:50
YES! Go for it. The most important thing is to have motivation. If it's what you really want to do, you will get a job sooner or later.

BounceBounceLand
14th Dec 2007, 12:04
Just go for it, and keep with it..... and hammer the bristol question bank online, after digesting the notes of course..... with these exams its as much about exam technique as knowledge

Good Luck!

tumboseppala
14th Dec 2007, 18:59
YES! GO FOR IT!! GO GO GO and make Your dreams come true! :D:D

Everybody who won the lottery played the game at some point, remember :)

What it comes to the ATPL D/L, prices are around 3000-5000 euros so I would think that just go with the best you can find, which propably is Bristol.

What it comes to later courses, I personally found SAA (Scandinavian Aviation Academy) quite nice, because they provide Ryanair approved MCC, and have good relations with Ryanair. They also provide ATPL theory for 5000 euros.

And as we all know - Ryanair is one of the biggest recruiters in Europe. And they really need more and more guys in their cockpits.
I know I know that Ryanair is Ryanair - crappy deal, you have to pay your TR, wonīt get much salary at the beginning, but then on the other hand they need pilots so it might be more possible to find your first job there. I certainly think itīs not the worst place to start a career, and after doing 3-5 years lots of 738 hours, you can choose your place to work, and assing your own salary, anywhere in the world. Then the age is not a problem at all.

But back to the basics - GO FOR IT! And take the best (expensive) ATPL D/L.

www.bfsaa.se (http://www.bfsaa.se)

-tumboseppala
Finland

PS. May I ask where you did your PPL, and how much did you pay for that?