PDA

View Full Version : Qwila - losing their 1900's

SafExp
11th Dec 2007, 05:00
Heard a rumour that Qwila was slapped with a high Court judgment last Friday forcing them to return 6 of their Beech 1900's to the owners.

Anyone have any confirmation, what will happen to their contracts and pilots? Is this another Rossair on the cards?

MBDriver
11th Dec 2007, 11:15
From what I can gather.

Qwila lease the aircraft from an owner. The owner is apparently in default with the bank and the bank have demanded the return of the aircraft from the owner.

The Bank are willing to lease the aircraft to Qwila but there seems, as always, to be a legal despuite as to if this is possible, as the owner believes that he must have the aircraft in South Africa to comply with the Banks order.

Because of this he got an order against Qwila forcing them to return the aircraft.

As this has apparently been goining on for some time, Qwila apparently have replacement aircraft.

luckyjoe
11th Dec 2007, 20:12
What worries me is, if an owner is earning good money by leasing a number of his aircraft to Qwila, why on earth would he compromise his investment, in these aircraft costing $3 million each, by allowing a bank to get control of his asset by default!

Did Qwila's inability to be able to pay the owner the rental due for the use of the aircraft not force him to protect his rights by demanding the return of his asset?

I have been promised a copy of the court judgement which I will post here to clear the issue, in the meantime lets hear more from those in the left seat

Sir Osis of the river
12th Dec 2007, 02:21
Lucky Joe,

Maybe Qwila paid the a/c owner, but he neglected to pay the bank? :confused:

B200Drvr
12th Dec 2007, 16:35
Yea, maybe he just spent it on other S:mad:t. It would be foolish to speculate, give Qwila the benefit of doubt until you have the facts!!!!