PDA

View Full Version : Avianca/licence question

B767PL
11th Dec 2007, 03:44
Hello all.

I have a friend who is currently working on her Comm. and Comm. ME ratings. She is soon going to be finishing those, and then most likely on to instructing for a little time building. She is doing this in the U.S and her ratings are FAA.

She is a Columbian native, and speaks fluent English as well as Spanish. If she was to seek employment from an airline such as Avianca in the future, I assume she would need to convert her licences? If so, then what is roughly the process involved?

I know this will change, as these things are constantly changing in aviation, but what are currently some of the mins. to work for Avianca? I looked on their website, but found no information.

Thanks for any information.:ok:

Netburn
11th Dec 2007, 13:25
Hey!

I'd recommend her visit www.aviacol.net and its boards foros.aviacol.net.

There are some discussions going on there and she could get more information about Colombia's Civil Aviation and the process.

Regards,

Pablo.

B767PL
17th Dec 2007, 03:09
Netburn, Thank you for that link, I will check it out and e-mail it to her. :ok:

If anyone has any input please post. :)

gabe096
15th Jan 2008, 14:48
Most probably she will get an Icao Colombian Commercial Lisence based on her American CPL after doing the type rating for that particualr aircraft type. She will then hold both FAA and Colombian CPL with the type rating on it.

HK3184
18th Jan 2008, 04:58
Its not hard, I converted my FAA license over to a Colombian PCA. Just be sure she gets her log book notarized and get letters from her flight school stating she completed her training and any recommendation letters she can get from the flight school. All the above documentation should be notarized in the US.
I converted my FAA license over in 2000 at Aero Centro in Bogota.
Minimums are low in Colombia and they are looking for Pilots like crazy she should be ok with 500 to 600 hrs.