PDA

View Full Version : LFLJ quals

MD900 Explorer
11th Dec 2007, 00:09
Rotorheads

Planks need a course to land at this altiport, but, is there a French equiv of the mountain course to land at this altiport?

LFLJ should be Courchevel.....:{

Regards

MD :ok:

helimutt
11th Dec 2007, 09:08
Why? You thinking of adding the mountain course to your ATPL(H)(IR) and 5 type ratings now?;)

MD900 Explorer
11th Dec 2007, 13:27
Sensible replies requested please :D

GoodGrief
11th Dec 2007, 14:32
Give them a call and ask.
+33 (0)4.79.00.20.64

MD900 Explorer
11th Dec 2007, 16:53
GoodGrief

Thanks for the number. I will call them and ask. Cheers for the info. :ok:

Agaricus bisporus
11th Dec 2007, 19:16
I think you've answered your own question. Planks need a qual...

Therefore helos don't. Why should they? Helos aren't concerned with being committed to land while out of sight of a runway that is still around a huge spur of rock, nor with approaching for a touchdown on a steep slope with no horizon references.

Isn't that why we have helicopters?

delta3
11th Dec 2007, 20:48
No problems for Helis, as said no permit needed. I land a lot in those places, no particular problems. Getting a hangar is however a big problem (winter)

For planks check out : http://flyinfrance.free.fr/apt/apt.htm

For mountain flying Mont Blanc heli in Annemasse is a reference.

d3

MD900 Explorer
13th Dec 2007, 18:24
delta3 / GoodGrief

Thanks for the useful info, just what i was after.

Regards

delta3
13th Dec 2007, 21:38
MD900 Explorer

Just one more thing. Look carefully at the Forbidden Mountain Park areas, need a VFR map, is not on the GPS (typically 3300 AGL, which may become quite high, 10k+, especially if there is some kind of scattered or broken base). Some people may take your reg down if infrigement, can be very expensive. Especially where LZ if close to park area (Megeve, Mont Blanc area, south of Alpes d'Huez/Les Deux Alpes, east of Courchevelle etc..).

As far as the high heli "mountain altiports" allowable for public landing is concerned, they are awsome even with snow in the summer, but check it out before landing on the french moutain club sites, permits change often (so they closed some very nice places down).

d3