PDA

View Full Version : P!ss Orf

chiglet
10th Dec 2007, 23:20
'Tother day I got a[n unsolicited] 'phone call from a large [rapidly fitting to your car ancilliary equipment] company re Car Insurance....
Co, "Is your Car insurance due for renewal?"
Me, "Yes"
Co, "Can we connect you to our sister co, who will endeavour to get you the best quote?"
Me, "Certainly"

Young Lady[?] rapidly, [and in a Scots accent] runs through the "terms and conditions".......and asks for my Postcode, DoB and then says that I have been accepted by two companies.
She then says that she will connect me to Insurance Co "A", and Ins Co "B" will call me back.
When I stated that I was under the impression that she would give me the quotes, and if I had to hang around on the end of the 'phone, I would rather do it myself, I got "Well, that was a waste of time then, wasn't it?
Followed by a "Click.......Brrrrrrr"
So, I am looking elsewhere.....
watp,iktch

Howard Hughes
10th Dec 2007, 23:23
Noice...:rolleyes:
Her, I mean!

Jet_A_Knight
10th Dec 2007, 23:41
There's been a few instances that have happened to me where the land line rings, I answer it, and a automated voice says "Our operators have an important message for you - please hold".

You have got to be fukcing kidding! Now they call you, disturb you and expect you to wait on hold for them.:mad:

"Pissorf"

CLUNK:ok:

Howard Hughes
10th Dec 2007, 23:46
"Your call is important to us"

Sure it is, if it was, you would have answered personally and promptly!:rolleyes:

S'land
10th Dec 2007, 23:50
It seems that here in Germany all of the "great telephone offers" and sales pitches are made by automatic, pre-recorded voices. One's reaction is curt message of the "go forth and multiply" variety, followed by slamming the 'phone down.

It seems that they are specially timed to cause the most inconvenience possible. B:mad:d's

Avitor
10th Dec 2007, 23:56
I became pished off with unsolicited landline spam calls and had them, Quite successfully, blocked.

One can Google TPS and make up one's own mind, it is absolutely free.

Howard Hughes
11th Dec 2007, 00:10
Thanks for reminding me, just registered on the Aussie equivalent, the Do not call register! (https://www.donotcall.gov.au/) :ok:

Name of Pen
11th Dec 2007, 01:14
Hello

I am from the telephone preference service. Please hold while I direct your call.

Press one for anger management

Press two to hide the body of a call centre repesentative

Press three to speak to the manager of the deceased

Press four because I am terminating the call because you are swearing at me

Press five to refer to the above logical steps,

press six to say: hold on a minute, you called me!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

bnt
11th Dec 2007, 01:17
So they're an insurance agency, a middleman who gets a slice of the action for working an insurance comparison website? Bloody bottomfeeders. :*

shiftkeying
11th Dec 2007, 02:06
and asks for my Postcode, DoB

How do you know that they were a genuine insurance company? Sounds like you've revealed enough info for the caller to apply for some credit cards and a loan in your name.

Name of Pen
11th Dec 2007, 02:13
I am from the insurance company, and to update our records i just need your mothers maiden name and password.

Please note:

Anything paid into a Nigerian bank account from your life savings is perectly legitimate.

Honest