PDA

View Full Version : Being negative in the cockpit, or is it?

777Contrail
10th Dec 2007, 18:40
OK, we all know that pilots are constantly complaining, but may the truth never be the victim when confronted by management to "Not say anything negative about the company or the country, since it will lead to an unsafe cockpit."

(This from the same people that brought you the "Its unprofesional to post gripes on PPRuNe" statement)

If you're working 22 days a month, its a fact.

If you're pushing FDP on a regular basis combined with minimum rest, month after month, its a fact.

I your roster changes every day, sometimes twice! Its a fact.

If NONE of your roster requests are allowed, its a fact.

If you're selling off assets and working second and third jobs on the side because you're working for a certain airline, its a fact.

If the company decides to give all employees an extra 30% apreciation bonus, over and above the pecentage stated in their contracts, exept for the pilots. ITS A FACT.
(I guess we all know which airline that is......)

If stating a fact makes you feel negative, then those responsible for the fact being what it is should be in the firing line.

MANAGEMENT.

They employ workers,
They buy/lease aircraft,
They create the rosters,
They use the workers as they see fit,
They pay salaries and bonusses.

It is also a fact that you do not HAVE TO extend FDP,
or reduce REST,
or work on OFF DAYS.
(Feel free to add to the list.)

It is high time that the pilots fight to get back what they let management take from them "All in good will".

Romeo E.T.
10th Dec 2007, 18:44
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=303895

Broken Promises

fluffyfan
10th Dec 2007, 18:45
777.............If I may ask

Where were you before the UAE, and when you joined your UAE airline did you not know thats how it would be, thats the problem with no union....you are now a contract worker and your employers will do with you as they see fit....thats contract flying, alway has been, always will be.

I know its wrong but what did you expect for all that money and no tax?

B?
11th Dec 2007, 02:19
I think his talking about his previous SA job.....suppose thats why he left?
I know its wrong but what did you expect for all that money and no tax?[/
Thats the point all the FACTS mentioned by 777 AND no money AND lots of TAX!:yuk: