PDA

View Full Version : Job offer scam from Nigeria...Bellview Airlines and Chanchangi Airlines

fabry.michael
10th Dec 2007, 11:00
Hi everybody,
Just to let you guys know that the job offer (Bellview Airlines) climbto350.com is not real. same deal for Chanchangi airlines offering 13800 dollar/mth on climbto350.com
They offer a 180 000 dollar/yr job as captain on all their planes
This is just another Nigerian (works in Aviation) trying to steal 726 Dollar from me and others. He claims he is the CEO on the Airline Mr Kayode Odukoya. what a d!ck.
Here are some of my correspondences via email.
Dont ever pay for a company...if you do have to pay a small amount....its scam. He has been playing me around for a month. He just made to many mistakes along the way, and I just played along so I would have an example to show here.
Here it is;
Good Day Capt. Fabry,
Please find below the details of employment and some of the type of airbus that are in our fleet.
1) Annual basic salary of $180,000 at the rate of $15,000 monthly
2) You will be entitled to a bonus after 2 months and detailed appraisal by the appraisal team
3) You will be on a full time contract.
4) Total insurance package will be taken care of by the company.
5) A comfortable accomodation will be provided .
6) You will be expected to fly a total time of 360hours in a month.
7) You will also be required to impact your vast knowledge to our local pilots here by way of training and serminars.
Presently we have the following models in our fleet and you will be flying either one of them
1. Air bus A300-600
2. B737-200s
3. B767-200ers
4. B737-300
I hope i have being able to answer some of the questions that you asked for answers to? Will further have the chance to ask whatever questions you need answers to during your interview proper.
All the best in your interview.
Regards
Odukoya Kayode
CEO,
BELLVIEW AIRLINES,
66B BELLVIEW PLAZA,
OPEBI ROAD,IKEJA,
LAGOS,
NIGERIA.

Good Day
This is to notify you that you have being short listed for the interview coming up on friday.
As it stands with you be not in the country this interview will have to be conducted via phone hence you are advised to state what time will be suitable for you to be available to take the interview as the interview proper will commence 10am the time here.
Also let me know if you will be able to take up the position as soon as possible if given the position.
Regards
Odukoya
Good Morning Capt.
This is to notify you that the new date for your interview will be Thursday the 29th of November 2007 and Friday the 30th of November 2007 at 10am Nigerian time on each day.
You are expected to make you available via phone on this date and if you are not going to be chanced at the time and date do notify us.
I can be reached on my direct number which is +2348088916881.

Kayode
Good Day Capt,
Thank you for making yourself available for our interview team yesterday the 30th of November 2007 and we do apologize for the delay in getting across to you, our senior pilot was being awaited to fly back into the country as he is part of the team but as he could not make it back on time we had to go on with the interview with just two of us on sit.
The result of your first interview will be communicated to you next week after proper consideration by the company.
Once again thanks for making yourself available yesterday.
Best Regards
Odukoya Kayode
Good Day,
Kindly accept my apologies for the lack of communication in the last few days, we have being having series of meetings and trying to select the most suitable candidate for the position.
I am happy to inform you that you are one of the final 3 candidates shorlisted and you will know by tomorrow if you got the job or not.
Final outcome when decided will be communicated to you either by mail or phone contact.
Regards.
Kayode
Good Day Capt Fabry,
On behalf ot the management of Bellview airlines i want to congratulate you on getting the vacant position.
After much delibration and consideration you were choosen as the best suited candidate for this position. A letter of acceptance of the position will be expected from you and a none reply to this mail will be taken as a rejection of this position and it will be offered to the next best qulified candidate. You are required to write such a letter in the next 48hours and failure to do this will be taken as a lack of interest.
You letter of employment,salary and welfare package and term of contract will be made available to you upon the receipt of your letter of acceptance, and you will be required to arrive in the country in two weeks time upon the completion of your verification and validitation process with the ministry of internal affairs here. As soon as i personally receive your letter of interest, we will write to the ministry to allocate a processing officer to you for you verification and validitation.
Once again let me say congartulations and we look forward to having you on our team soonest.
Best Regards
Odukoya
Hello,
Am pleased to hear back from you speedily and i want to let you know personally that we also are looking forward to having you here as soon as possible. As soon as i get your letter of acceptance, the ministry of internal affairs will detail a processing officer to you who will take you through the process of verification as earlier discussed with you during your interview. You will have to complete this process so that you can be registered as a staff of the airline with the goverment. Once this is completed you will be welcomed formally into the country as a staff of our elite airline.
Do feel free to ask any questions that you need answers to.
Once again congratulations.
Kayode
Good Day Capt, Your letter of employment is ready but awaiting the signature of the chairman and i will get it across to you as soon as he signs it. Meanwhile contact has being established with the ministry of internal affairs so as to get the address of the processing officer that will be assingned to you for you verification.

Regards
Odukoya
Good Day,
I have being away from my desk for a couple of days due to unforseen reasons and i apologize for this.
The chairman is still being expected back in the country so as to append his signature to your letters and as soon as he arrives today your letter will be sent to you but pending the time that he arrives i strongly advise that you begin your verification with the goverment so as not to delays anything as the ministry has made a processing officer for the purpose and i expect that you introduce yourself to him via mail so that he can put you through what and what needs to be done. His email address is [email protected],i ([email protected],i) believe he is expecting your initial contact mail. Once again i apologize for the lack of communication in the last couple of days.
Regards
Odukoya

Good Morning,
I was indeed contacted by Mr. Odukoya of bellview as regards to your verification process and i hope he has explained some of the requirements to you? well if he has not then i should explain to the the purpose of this process. Our government has noticed over the past years the high influx of expatriates with shady character into our country due to the high demand being made by multi nationals for the services of such people hence the need arose to carry out a thorough back ground check on all expatriates intending to work in our country and to also make sure that they are registered with the appropriate association or body that they will be working under.To this end you will be provided with the required forms that you need to fill and have returned to us upon the payment of the stipulated verification fee of 724usd. The breakdown of this fee is as follow;
1. Administrative fee -220usd
2. Registration with the Nigerian association of aviation workers-304usd
3. Verification clearance certificate and id card-200usd.
Upon the payment of this fees you will be provided with the necessary documents so as to begin the process and Mr. Odukoya did specify that there company will want a speedy verification. I will be away from my desk till sometime around noon and will see if i can get some of the forms that's u will be needing pending the time you get the fees paid due to my past interaction with Mr. Odukoya and Bellview.
Best wishes
James Adebola

dartagnan
10th Dec 2007, 19:40
http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm

e-mail address with yahoo, gmail,...usually it is fake!no need to reply to a "company" which use yahoo.

and I received scams from india and turkey for line training. asking me money, I had no clue where the money go....pay for line trainings, stinks the scam!!!

Nichibei Aviation
10th Dec 2007, 23:03
Call Chanchangi and ask for captain Okatahi's number, chief TRI.

He will make a pleasure helping you.
Tell him who you are and that you are looking for a job, they are in need of pilots.
This airline really cares about safety, I strongly recommend it to you.

Cheers

ZAZOO
10th Dec 2007, 23:10
This is a terrible thing to happen.

I used to fly for B3 and will forward this scam details you have put up here to their admin manager Mr. Ayo in the morning.

Damn this scammers :*

Zazoo

bear11
11th Dec 2007, 08:38
Nichibei, that's a bizarre comment. In the context of Nigerian airline's record in general and Chanchangis specifically (more specifically many incidents reported this year, let alone the private comments of pilots who work down there), your ringing recommendation isn't worth spit:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/africa/12/13/nigeria.crash/index.html

http://allafrica.com/stories/200710291271.html

http://aviation-safety.net/database/operator/airline.php?var=6944

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanchangi_Airlines

fabry.michael
12th Dec 2007, 12:46
Thank you guys for the advise,
Let keep all the scammers out of aviation.
And if there are others with the same experience, please post it.

Mike

Skyhigh86
12th Dec 2007, 14:50
"You will be expected to fly a total time of 360hours in a month."

Assuming a 31 day month, thats 11.6 hours a day!

Clearly Nigerian airlines dont believe in the 900 hour rule

G SXTY
14th Dec 2007, 08:15
Wow, 4300+ hours per year. Just think how quickly you could unfreeze your ATPL . . . ;)

Nichibei Aviation
14th Dec 2007, 11:39
Nichibei, that's a bizarre comment.

They have excellent pilots over there and they do most of their simchecks in Brussels at the Sabena Flight Academy.
They don't save money on safety.
Maintenance is done quite seriously too.

I have taken the time to check your links but they were rather disappointing. You are mentionning various incidents they had on their 25 year old B732 fleet?
Look at Air France: they can't even keep their engines turning on their brand new fleet of B777's...

The only problem in Africa is the lack of money.
Give them the money and give them new airplanes, they will reach European standards with ease.

I would like you to take a close look at this website (French):
www.crash-aerien.com/www/news/news.php (http://www.crash-aerien.com/www/news/news.php)

You may realise that there are way more incidents in the western world than you may have imagined.

Wow, 4300+ hours per year. Just think how quickly you could unfreeze your ATPL . . . ;)

You're not unfreezing it, you're burning it ;)

fabry.michael
14th Dec 2007, 14:36
I am alsmost sure these scams come from within the company. They all seem to know a little about aviation but not enough to convince me...too many mistakes in the correspondences.

Just got my letter of employment today, with lots of spelling mistakes.
Even when I never replied again.

ZAZOO
15th Dec 2007, 09:27
Your right, I think so too.

The letter must be coming from inside the company, maybe you should send a reply to the real people thanking them for the letter of employment and asking them of ur travel details and see what reaction u get.

The email for the guy incharge is [email protected]

Let us know the outcome.

Zazoo
PS: Chanchangi not a bad airline, must agree, done a number of jumps with them out to my hometown and must say they are at the top of my list in Nigeria although they could loose their colours ;)