PDA

View Full Version : Broken Promises

AirwayBlocker
10th Dec 2007, 06:46
The following is an extract from Fortune Magazine.

SAA management would never do this though....:}

Something funny is happening in the aviation industry: Airlines are making money again. But while that's good news for shareholders, it's infuriating pilots and other employees who took pay cuts in the wake of 9/11. Nowhere are pilots as peeved as they are at American, where the airline's 12,000-member Allied Pilots Association has declared war on management.

The pilots' chief complaint: Four years after they voluntarily gave up 23% of their pay along with other concessions to help stave off bankruptcy, top executives of American and parent AMR Corp. have received about a quarter-billion dollars in AMR stock, while employees got only small pay increases. With American poised to have one of its best years ever, its pilots say they just want to make the same as they did in 1992, adjusted for inflation.

Q4NVS
10th Dec 2007, 08:00
Don't we all...

Placido
10th Dec 2007, 12:22
O, OK!

I thought the thread header was about Comair.........and maybe some pilots that's fedup of being ripped off!

But friends are telling me, the time is on hand that MN management will butt heads with the drivers......

line-driver
10th Dec 2007, 18:37
O, OK!

I thought the thread header was about Comair.........and maybe some pilots that's fedup of being ripped off!

But friends are telling me, the time is on hand that MN management will butt heads with the drivers.....

yup maybe the word Comair should be added into the header, speaking to a mate, there were letters in the Pilots boxes from CPA, their demands and the response from HQ, it sounds like a WAR of epic proportions is now about to be set into motion from the statements I have heard mentioned, and its possibly going to get ugly soon.
It would be interesting to see if the Pilots can for once actually stand unified behind CPA.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

777Contrail
10th Dec 2007, 18:44
I think it's going to the wire this time!

Go CPA, Go!

fluffyfan
10th Dec 2007, 18:50
Good luck guys......listen, my opinion is that the only thing the pilots have going for them is a strong union, if your union is not strong you dont have a hope in hell...........just stand together and you will win

B200Drvr
12th Dec 2007, 16:49
Or just leave and go work elsewhere, with the market this strong there are jobs a plenty:ok: