PDA

View Full Version : Airline skipper looking for Airbus position

Rieke
10th Dec 2007, 05:30
Any Captains job on a private Airbus from A 318 up to A 340 (have all ratings incl TRE) out there?

His dudeness
10th Dec 2007, 14:43
Try 3A in EDDL

Lindberg
12th Dec 2007, 11:44
I had 8 years of airline history before joining corporate. So I know what I am talking about.
Flying the plane, is just a small part of our job. This is the base and doesn't make a good corporate pilot. It is substantial because we fly to places we even did not know that they are existing before we get the phone call. Much more important is the skill to handle the whole operation of a more or less complex aircraft in a complete non protected area. This means, no technicians waiting for us, we have to take care about the plane AND the passengers. This are the two big issues an airline guy has to learn. And the bigger the aircraft, the more demanding are the passengers. It is normal, that you will be asked one hour before landing, if you can organize a helicopter to get to the hotel, for example. It needs a lot of experience to handle VIP's with their demands. This is the reason, why many operators of big biz jets do not hire direct entry Boeing or Airbus captains. So be prepared if you want to change, you will start again learning. Usually you have to start on something smaller like Challengers or Falcons (which is already a high entry in the business) before someone will give you a command on the upper class like BBJ, Airbus or Globals,.... Take it as a new chance, not as a downgrade and enjoy the business as I do since years :ok:

Duck Rogers
12th Dec 2007, 15:12
Anyone thinking of taking this thread in the 'Bizjet-v-Airline Pilot' direction can think again.

Duck

joehunt
12th Dec 2007, 16:03
Duck, Perish the thought!

However I would just like to add, that in most cases, it is an easier and cheaper option to train a pilot experienced in that particular field of aviation, on to a new type, rather than train a pilot, experienced on type, into another field of operation.

Dare I say it, different operations would include, corporate, airline, aerial work & military, to name a few.

Hope that didn't upset anyone.

Lindberg
12th Dec 2007, 16:21
This are advices to change the field of operation. Be ready to start on the bottom again, and you will experience a lot of fun in the future. This is a advice to any pilot who will change the field of operation in ANY direction. Just think about it and than take your decision:}