PDA

View Full Version : Off Blocks - Park Brakes Release

crewsunite
10th Dec 2007, 04:07
Hi Guys on most fleet particular B744 most have been rostered four long hauls in DEC.

Is the off blocks time in ACARS registering at PARK BRAKES RELEASE
or once thrust is applied to start taxing? (As was the case recently)

Can all B744 guys look into this please
Is this CX up to more tricks again. :=

spannersatcx
10th Dec 2007, 08:25
Brakes released, all doors closed and actual movement of a/c, used to be when brakes were released but movement was added to stop cheating of OTP (not that anyone probably cares these days, it goes when it goes). Unless there has been a very recent change in the software.

Baywatcher
10th Dec 2007, 11:27
I pushed back yesterday whilst starting. Out time wasn't registered until I released the brakes again to taxi! However I think this was a glitch as just off maintenance!? However the final times are actually taken from the tech log and thus the true times were entered there!

ACMS
10th Dec 2007, 13:22
on the 777 it's all doors closed and Park brake off. Simple really.

Denzil
10th Dec 2007, 19:52
It was my understanding that Boeing is doors closed & brakes off & Airbus same plus aircraft movement sensed through ADIRU!!!

spannersatcx
10th Dec 2007, 20:42
It used to be like that on CX 744 but the software in ACARS was changed a few years back so that the Out was registered once the a/c moved 3 feet or so after park brake release. We used to get brakes released at on time but then a 40 minute taxi that should only take 15 mins because the a/c hadn't moved.:eek:

Shot Nancy
10th Dec 2007, 22:39
On some Airbus if the park brake is off and then all doors are closed out time is registered, not bad if in overtime. Have a look.