PDA

View Full Version : NJE - Wot no per diem rise in 5 years!?

freebird68
9th Dec 2007, 13:42
Can all those on per diems help out?

We at NJE havn't had a per diem rise in over 5 Years! It remains at €70 per day in spite of inflation and hotel annual price increases. :{ The excuse we are given is that the Inland Revenue will tax us if it is increased. :confused: I have it on good authority (the tax office) that this is not the case. SO here is my question.....

WHAT DO OTHER COMPANIES PAY THEIR PILOTS/CABIN CREW IN TAX-FREE PER DIEMS?

Thanks for helping!

African Drunk
10th Dec 2007, 09:19
We are not even allowed per diems by our tax office. At my last company they would only accept £50 even with repeated attempts by the company to increase it.

falconbis
10th Dec 2007, 09:35
If you work at TAG your perdiem is tax free and they have an English contract too..
Another Netjets tricks ??

hawker750
10th Dec 2007, 16:09
per diems

It is simply not true that the UK tax office insist on taxing per diems. They will tax a %. The problem is that it is time consuming for management to do the negotiations. Currently we get paid £3.00 per hour = £72/ 24 hours (about €100 of which 80% is tax free. The £2.60 is paid in cash the 40p in salary

pilotbear
12th Dec 2007, 20:25
IJC at Farnborough pay £50 a day when away from base 8hrs. Tax free :ok:

PAPI-74
31st Dec 2007, 10:05
We get between £30-£35 per day. The IR want to see receipts during Jan, probably to look at taxing us if we are not spending the full amount. :{

CL300
31st Dec 2007, 11:38
freebird68
Can all those on per diems help out?

We at NJE havn't had a per diem rise in over 5 Years! It remains at €70 per day in spite of inflation and hotel annual price increases.

when are per diems used at NJE to pay for hotel ?

I do agree they could be higher, especially on standby in London area; however it is like this..

Second taxes matters are VERY complex, and through the new Deal, it is the same as the old one, these per-diems are fully taxables in many countries.
cheer up new year is coming ; long live the 70€ per diems !

PAPI-74
31st Dec 2007, 12:48
when are per diems used at NJE to pay for hotel ?

No but hotel food / drink prices can go through the roof. I have been in a hotel for 24hrs before my next flight before. What the hell do you do if there isn't a gym / pool to use and the town is a 15 min cab ride away......with no crew food you diems soon go, and I hear NJE have to pay for their own car parking too at their gateway.

On standby
31st Dec 2007, 12:57
Not sure about per diems exactly but the UK Inland Revenue are trying to stop any tax free element of duty pay at airlines as the current deals run out. BMI Baby, Flybe and others are facing problems in the near future, I believe.
A rise in per diems might give the IR the chance to alter things and it will always be in their favour.
It maybe an idea to push for a better pension, as this is tax free\deductable at present.

saffron
31st Dec 2007, 13:52
Per diem tax arrangements are negotiated by each tax office where a company's head office is based, on a company by company basis,usually one district will treat all companies the same but not always.If you are lucky enough to have your company in the right tax district then you pay no tax on per diems,I get £60 per duty day at Tag which is not taxed at all. Others pay tax on a proportion which is at the whim of the inspector of the district.There should be a national arrangement so that all companies are treated equally,there are mutterings from HMRC that this will happen eventually,if your company's tax office claims there is such a national arrangement they are bull****ting your company just to make them go away.

lharle
31st Dec 2007, 14:10
I work for a belgian corporate and teh perdiem is actually 80 euro and rising to 95 strating tomorrow.

CL300
31st Dec 2007, 14:21
PAPI-74 No but hotel food / drink prices can go through the roof. I have been in a hotel for 24hrs before my next flight before. What the hell do you do if there isn't a gym / pool to use and the town is a 15 min cab ride away......with no crew food you diems soon go, and I hear NJE have to pay for their own car parking too at their gateway.

you study your OMA/OMB, fill in the crew reports and the ASR'S, you make a survey of the hotel standards, walk around to find good tips, that you post in the adequate section of the "company" forum. Then when all this is done you go chase the girls, have a drink (non alcoholic), and so on so forth.
On a yearly basis per diems are not used to their full extend, after all these years I "burn" around 40% of them.
But like I said above, sometimes you feel like you could get a little bit more money especialy in London area../ Moscow...
Car park, this is what per diems pays for.. for me it is a little bit more than a day perdiem per tour.
Hopefully with NTA, you do not have a lot of stand by in hotel, again on the big picture tour...

Happy new year !

PAPI-74
31st Dec 2007, 16:27
I do take a Twister game with me, which has paid for itself on a few occasions.
Maybe I need to make more of an effort to see and visit new places. I really enjoy French towns, but how many times can you walk along the lanes to the next village when dumped at Teeside?
I tend to see diems as a sort of compensation for being away....which is wrong in a way. It is part of the job and only to be used when deciding which new Malt to try.

Happy New Year....almost.

south coast
31st Dec 2007, 16:40
CL said...'you study your OMA/OMB, fill in the crew reports and the ASR'S, you make a survey of the hotel standards, walk around to find good tips, that you post in the adequate section of the "company" forum. Then when all this is done you go chase the girls, have a drink (non alcoholic), and so on so forth.'

I am sure you are joking, otherwise I would be a little worried!

PAPI-74
31st Dec 2007, 19:46
No honest.
Hotel Hostie Twister is a classic.

Is that too indulgent then?

Gulfstreamaviator
1st Jan 2008, 06:26
We fly two flight deck, and two hostess.

Where can I buy a used Twister.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glf

PAPI-74
1st Jan 2008, 11:07
If you are in the UK, try Argos or e-bay. The best £8 you will ever spend, plus drinks.

Have a good new year.