PDA

View Full Version : Flight Dispatch in France

ironside71
9th Dec 2007, 09:40
Hi,
I'm planning to move to Paris next year and I'd like to work as a Flight Dispatcher. I'm an FAA Flight Instructor (CFI-II) and I'm thinking of attending a FD course. Is the FAA FD license valid in France? If not, is there any French license? Does anyone know where to attend a course in France? And at last (but not the least!!) do you know what the average salary could be in Paris (no previous experience as FD)?
I thank you in advance for any answer/advice you could give me!
Regards,
Ironside71

Bizjets
9th Dec 2007, 10:02
Good day Ironside,
The ESMA at Montpellier provides a comprehensive course based on both flight dispatch & ramp agent syllabus, the training lasts for approximately 4 months and chance to get a job at the end of it is very good ! More details could be found on:
http://www.esma.fr (FR)
http://clickandsite.com/esmauk/index.php (ENG)
Otherwise, business aviation at Paris Le Bourget could possibly offer you a great deal of fun, many operators present there and very often looking for an OPS Controller. :ok:
Best of luck anyway :)
Bizjets

Dam
9th Dec 2007, 14:02
Hi
There is no requirements in France. You can work with any licence. The FAA Aircraft dispatcher Certificate is an advantage as it means less money and time spent on training for the company. The US Licence is well regarded in France. If I had Knwon I would have taken this one insted of going to ESMA ( which a good school ) 2 years ago.
Dispatchers in France are not well paid and wages vary ; you won t get the same perks as a US dispatcher. US diqpatcher shares 50% decision making and the FAA give them a strong role ......
For a 35hour week it ranges from 1300 to 2100euros depending on the compagny and the kind of shifts ( I mean if you do a lot night shift , weekends , public holidays)
By the way I have a few ( just a few I promise) questions about the FAA licence. Can I PM you.
See you

ironside71
10th Dec 2007, 13:50
Thank you very much,
Ironside71

Flyerdude
9th Jan 2017, 09:57
Hello Dam, I'm interested in taking the FAA Flight dispatcher course in USA too!
Is it true that there is no requirements in France for working with this licence ?
Any source ?

Best regards!