PDA

View Full Version : Are there any full motion simulators for hire by non pilots?

KaelO
9th Dec 2007, 04:54
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there are any organisaitons out there that rent out the use of their simulators to ordinary non pilot civilians like me? I'm looking for something like a Metro, SAAB, Dash 8 or anything bigger in Victoria.

I know its a strange request, but a mate of mine has always wanted to try his hand at flying something a little larger than a C172...

Cheers,

Kael

tcross
9th Dec 2007, 05:21
flightexperience.com.au, i did the one in NZ, christchuch was really good to get into something like that. did the 2hr one, well worth the money, little cheaper over in nz though

kookabat
9th Dec 2007, 05:52
Fixed base though I think.

chode1984
9th Dec 2007, 06:15
yeah not motion.

VH-FTS
9th Dec 2007, 08:08
ASIO are checking your IP address as we speak...

KaelO
9th Dec 2007, 08:09
I had a look at their website and it seems good enough. I notice that their website lists the one at QV in Melbourne as comming soon, I'll have to call them and see if its here yet.

Has anybody used their simulators before and if so what was the expirence like?

Kael

flog
9th Dec 2007, 09:02
I spoke to the guys at QV a few weeks ago and they said they were trying to open up before xmas but wern't going to promise anything.
It looks good...

TheNightOwl
9th Dec 2007, 10:43
KaelO - check your PMs.

TNO.

Jenna Talia
9th Dec 2007, 11:11
Spoke to a mate of mine recently who did the interview sim ride with VB and previous to this, used the B737 sim at Darling Harbour, Sydney. He said the the Darling Harbour sim ride was not full motion and considered it to have been no benefit to him at all and therefore, would not recommend it.

However, it may be fine for your mate.

JT

A37575
9th Dec 2007, 12:20
There are several full motion simulators at the Ansett Flight Simulator Centre at Garden Drive, Tullamarine. Ring the Customer Relations Officer for info. Take your pick 737, Bae146, Metro, Dash 8.

puma4319
9th Dec 2007, 23:39
Yeah I remember recently seeing an ad to try out a 737 sim at Ansett Flight Simulator Centre at Garden Drive. I think the price was between $300-$400 for the hour. Don't quote me on that, but I think it was something around that area
I think it would be heaps of fun to try it out, goodluck :ok:

tinpis
10th Dec 2007, 00:44
Has anybody used their simulators before and if so what was the expirence like?

Kael

Lurching dark bloody things filled with funny noises and some bastard asking awkward questions

TheNightOwl
10th Dec 2007, 22:45
That's why they were always known as the "lurching caves", tinpis!!

Best regards,

TNO.;:)

Yusef Danet
11th Dec 2007, 04:40
Just stayed at the Mel airport Hilton, they offer a sim experience package in the full motion B737-300 sim at the Ansett centre. The concierge can arrange a romantic weekend staying at the airport, playing in the sim.

Sounds just like what I don't need.

archangel7
11th Dec 2007, 06:10
Yeah i think know what you need. Try Con Angelides at Essendon Airport. http://www.ckas.com.au/ PM me if you need any contact details.