PDA

View Full Version : NEW CEO for SACAA

ZS340
8th Dec 2007, 15:20
Colin Jordaan has been appointed as both CEO and Commissioner of the SA CAA.

4HolerPoler
8th Dec 2007, 15:33
Great news! Colin isn't everyones cup of tea but he is effective and most importantly, he commands the respect that this position both demands and requires.

With Anton Richman still there (AFAIK) we've now got two previous SAA Head of Flight Ops running the CAA. I just hope that they're able to secure the necessary authority and political backing that will be required to be successful.

Best news I've had this week. Well today for sure.

4HP

Avi8tor
8th Dec 2007, 15:41
Not sure how much respect TAJ commands, but I do agree, at least he does understand the work. How did we end up with white boys there?

SortieIII
8th Dec 2007, 16:30
I support Colin's appointment.

Gyro Nut
9th Dec 2007, 15:29
Go FIGJAM. F%&*#@$ (F%&*#@$) I'm Good, Just Ask Me!!!

Only joking, I'm sure we'll only benefit from this. At last someone competent in that position, although the last guy wasn't too bad.

Aspen20
9th Dec 2007, 18:17
If he was so good. Why isn't he at SAA anymore. Strange how highly people think of him all of a sudden.

Gyro Nut
9th Dec 2007, 19:36
I believe some of the management didn't get on with him. We all know what SAA management are like.

SAASFO
10th Dec 2007, 15:31
We also know what Colin's like!!

JetPark
11th Dec 2007, 06:24
At last! An appointment made based on knowledge, experience and competence rather than political correctness.

This should breathe some much needed life into this organiztion.

Bahraingeneric
11th Dec 2007, 11:16
Come on guys,just ask why his nikname is TAJ??

Parrot
11th Dec 2007, 22:15
Interesting comment from Gyro Nut. If CJ, now as head of CAA, does not get on with some SAA top brass its going to be an interesting experience for them:)

Beechjet
20th Dec 2007, 15:35
Heard that this move is well supported. Apparently there's a big Chief at the DOT for Civil Aviation whose intent is to fix the CAA. Led to believe that this oke is solid and gets things done and has all the necessary support.

Flutterbug
21st Dec 2007, 07:23
I've met him recently and spent a day with him having a few Brewskees, he has great ideas which I believe will be implimented without much waiting. I like his cool way of thinking about what should and shouold not be. CAA is going to be a fun place soon.

Congrats Colin!!!

fluffyfan
21st Dec 2007, 17:01
So now I believe the CAA is to be called the TAJ Mahal