PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Landing Fees

Warbo
8th Dec 2007, 06:31
If you use a call sign such as "red & white cessna" at a CTAF that has landing fees, you don't get charged. Why isn't everyone doing this? Do people feel obliged to pay the fees?

What if your council has just brought them in, and you happen to know that your local council are economic pre-schoolers who constantly make decisions against the ratepayer's popular choice. Is it ok then? How long until you are caught, if ever?

VH-XXX
8th Dec 2007, 06:44
Did someone say popcorn and coke?

Doubt it. Registration details are usually collected from the airfield by an observer or perhaps the fuel operator. Stories that they are recorded on the CTAF frequencies aren't always true.

I would hesitate to call myself "red and white" Cessna when there might be another red and white Cessna nearby. Imaging trying that at Moorabbin!

Howard Hughes
8th Dec 2007, 07:02
Stories that they are recorded on the CTAF frequencies aren't always true.
This is exactly how they are recorded, try going in at night I bet you wil still get charged and no spotters at 3am!;)

Islander Jock
8th Dec 2007, 09:09
How long until you are caught, if ever?
Why not try it yourself and see?

Myself and a few of my mates often take great delight in making a third party transmission to make sure those who want to identify themselves as only "tight-ass Cessna Pilot" have their details recorded along with everyone else. Do you think aerodrom maintenance like lighting, markers, strip work, terminal facilities etc are donated by aviation philanthropists? :ugh: If you can't afford landing fees - you can't afford to fly.

Listening to recordings is a bit of a pain and you will always miss one or two. But fear not, there is a much much better system on the way. :cool:

Mail-man
8th Dec 2007, 09:26
and as for bush strips that dont have lighting, gable markers or even a decent surface and still charge you $20-30 to land,
bugger em

tail wheel
8th Dec 2007, 09:28
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/Closed-1.gif