PDA

View Full Version : Saudia annouces fleet sale

mutt
7th Dec 2007, 18:16
Saudia have announced the sale of their B747-100/300 and MD90 aircraft, its an interesting concept as they are turning into an airline without aircraft :)

Mutt

spierpoint jones
7th Dec 2007, 20:28
So they will operate as an airline or as a sublime concept? Well I reckon some expats may have to jet over to NetJets ME or there abouts.What do yo think?
Always enjoy reading the threads of Mutt.
jones :cool:

metro301
8th Dec 2007, 00:00
"sublime concept"

The New Saudia, wet lease coordinators........

metro301
8th Dec 2007, 00:03
Almost forgot,

and Managed Health Care Provider.......

_FL600_
8th Dec 2007, 02:51
kinda funny,, uh, well, at least they are not just parking them like they've done with their A300's, B732's and tristar's,, All these airplanes have been just sitting in different airports!!!

mutt
8th Dec 2007, 03:09
Its a sublime concept, as they wont have any employees either :):)

Saudi cabinet in a meeting on Monday chaired by the Saudi crown prince Sultan ibn Abdulaziz, who is also the chairman of Saudi Arabian Airlines, approved new legislations that will allow more labor mobilization flexibility for the airlines workers following its privatization.
According to the new rules, Saudi Arabian Airlines employees who are not welling to join the airline’s business units after its takeover by private companies can be transferred to other government entities.
For employees wishing to remain in their jobs after private companies take over their units, they have two options depending on the time they spent in the airline.
The cabinet made sure that the employees will keep getting the same benefit and salaries after joining the new private companies.
The Council of Ministers in August gave the national carrier the green light to hand over its strategic units to private companies.

Mutt

Romasik
8th Dec 2007, 03:43
Mutt,

Could you provide more details about this announcement? Is it a rumour or, indeed, an officail one? Any date? Nobody expected the Classic to go soon. Should we double our efforts for getting another job? :confused:

Romasik

spierpoint jones
8th Dec 2007, 09:02
www.sv.net/CORP/Aircraftsale

All the aircraft and the specs for each ..

jones:ok:

Fool 'n' Tameez
8th Dec 2007, 10:38
On the face of it, they're doing the right thing: Update the fleet, reduce aircraft types, and address overstaffing. But they've put the cart before the horse. They should wait until the new metal starts arriving before they can put up the old for sale. Already they're over reliant on wet leases, and it's eroding what's left of their reputation.

mutt
8th Dec 2007, 11:18
it's eroding what's left of their reputation

They had some left???? :):)

To be fair, this is a bit premature, the aircraft arent scheduled to be released from service until 2012, I dont know why they are posting them for sale.

Mutt

Desert Diner
8th Dec 2007, 11:23
The power point presentation may have been a dry run:)

Curious to see who would be interested in the 90's.:8

Diesel8
8th Dec 2007, 13:34
I think Delta airlines were in the market for MD90's, although they may no longer be considering recent news.

The 741 is probably a goner, Africa perhaps, but doubtful. The 743 will probably go to the freight world, know Atlas has a few, perhaps Kalitta might be interested. This is just the US, sure there are plenty of operators around the world that could use them as well.

marcusaurelious
9th Dec 2007, 13:35
I see Saudia started MD-11 service to CAN. Any other rumours floating around about the MD-11 fleet ?

mutt
9th Dec 2007, 14:27
Yep.... rumor is that the fleet was sold to Gemini........ But its only a rumor :):)

Desert Diner, just remember that these 90's are unique :)

Mutt

spierpoint jones
9th Dec 2007, 14:34
What ,the MD11 fleet is sold?? All ready? Signed and sealed?

jones:cool:

mutt
9th Dec 2007, 16:44
RUMOR..... NOTHING BUT A RUMOR

Mutt

mutt
12th Dec 2007, 10:26
Announced orders for 22x A320's with 8 options. Also lease agreements for another 20, so a total of 42/8.

Mutt

Desert Diner
12th Dec 2007, 15:35
I wonder what kind of route structure they are "planning":uhoh:

Fool 'n' Tameez
20th Dec 2007, 09:06
Regarding route structure...

Came across this on another forum, not sure about it's voracity:
airlineroute. ******** .com /2007/12/saudia-major-network-restructure.html

mutt
20th Dec 2007, 18:04
Fools,

Not sure where he got the information from for the blog, but some of the ones that i checked are wrong:)

JED-JFK/IAD are still operating.
RUH-PEW still operating.

And some of the others are traditional low season flights..... The Classic 747's and MD90's have a number of years left in them yet :)

Mutt

newscaster
21st Dec 2007, 16:46
Peshawar suspended Islamabad and Lahore no flights showing at amadeus after April. Bangladesh, Eritrea and Sudan also being suspended.

boiler
21st Dec 2007, 18:36
I am surprised at the amount of cancellations esp to PAK. I was under the impression that it was a big market. I am sure GF, EK EY, and QR would love to pick up the slack.

newscaster
4th Jan 2008, 15:24
Unreliable information from amadeus, none of the destiantions are being dropped.

KaptKatoi
9th Jan 2008, 04:25
So true, Onur Air and Phuket Air are doing quite a bit of flying for Saudia these days. However Phuket Air has had some recent problems ,so not sure how long they will remain flying for Saudia. Two incidents in the last week, one where they flew thru a TRW at 37,000 because they had no working wx radar , almost stalled the aircraft a 747-300, and the recent evacuation of a turned back flight in Madinah. How many times will SV allow these kind of events to continue before giving Phuket Air the boot ? :=

411A
9th Jan 2008, 09:06
Can't be long now for Phuket Air...there is a letter to management posted on their office door at the alBadr hotel in JED from pilots wanting to know if the February salary will be paid...this can't be good:ooh:

spierpoint jones
9th Jan 2008, 13:14
411A you are probably right on,its all very sad. Im sure there some good people flying for this mob.

jones:ok:

avia77
4th Feb 2008, 18:57
Heard Phuket Air given another long term extension on their contract with Saudia. Maybe Saudia feels they are doing a good job?

Semaphore Sam
5th Feb 2008, 08:10
Maybe Mutt would be good enough to update us all on these issues? He is always a sterling informational source about Saudia...besides being a total gentleman!

mutt
5th Feb 2008, 15:16
Sam, long time no chat.... great to see that you are still ppruning.....

Phuket recently signed a 1 year contract with Saudia for 3 aircraft. Their
new British Chief Pilot appears to be surrounded by Italians.

I had hoped that he would recognize the talent that already works there and maximize their potential, but from what i hear, the chief FE was recently fired and crews are still awaiting their salaries.

As for all of the incidents listed above, they are true :(

Mutt

Fool 'n' Tameez
6th Feb 2008, 00:20
Really, this reliance on leased aircraft is worrying. The quicker the new planes arrive the better.

mutt
6th Feb 2008, 02:49
this reliance on leased aircraft is worrying

I'm disappointed that KAM didnt put a stop to this, but the problem is that sometimes its just too hard to stop old habits :(

Look out for leased Eagle Aviation B747-400s at the end of the month :(

Mutt

newscaster
7th Feb 2008, 17:13
mutt check your PM.