PDA

View Full Version : Surveillance Aust. Interview Qu's

naild
7th Dec 2007, 18:13
Hi everyone,

I have an interview with SA soon and would like to see who knows much about the SIM part of the interview- I am especially interested in which IFR approaches will most likely be involved. (ILS, NDB etc)

Your help with any other pointers would be great!!:D

I have had a look at afew previous post - but no joy on an answer to this question.

Thank you:ok:

Green gorilla
7th Dec 2007, 22:05
Did a ILS and NDB adelaide on the sim at afts all done at around 100kts no surprises all straight forward and IFR questions asked nothing too hard. Decided in the end to go to Aerorescue instead better lifestyle based in a southern capital city.:O

AerocatS2A
7th Dec 2007, 23:28
I believe it's some upper air work, then an NDB and ILS. They're currently doing them in the Melbourne DH8 sim. Specific DH8 knowledge is not required.

aero979
8th Dec 2007, 01:25
They can plug just about any ils or ndb into that thing! what they want to see is you can hand fly an ils, and track out and then in on an ndb without busting any minimums or going out of tolerance.

Airwork will be the norm, steep turns, stall recovery, limited panel.

Its all good, enjoy the sim. good luck.

naild
8th Dec 2007, 16:00
thank you all very much - awesome reply's

I have been out of Aus for 12months and I am flying in for the interview. I do not have an AIP handy to brush up of IFR min's and tol's and recency req's. Can one you guys please post what they are again?

Thank you once again

puff
8th Dec 2007, 21:03
http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/

Online AIP is available at above link

Dee
9th Dec 2007, 00:25
The sim ride is on the DH8 sim in Melb, with a Cairns 8 Departure, followed by the NDB-A Approach then the ILS, Also a engine failure on departure at the end. Upper airwork is steep turns and a sector entry. You will do a circle to land off the NDB.

illusion
9th Dec 2007, 03:08
Dee,
you forget to add- with one engine on fire, inverted, on limited panel...

Green gorilla
9th Dec 2007, 06:07
It depends if its available as I did the dash Fo thing and I was not checked on the dash 8 sim.

AerocatS2A
9th Dec 2007, 08:04
They've only just started using the DH8 sim for interviews.

Green gorilla
9th Dec 2007, 11:02
Things have changed did mine around 18 months ago.

naild
11th Dec 2007, 00:01
Great replys once again guys, and thanks for the link - I knew it was out there.

Dee - thank you for the SIM profile. I have looked at the Ansett Sim website and it says they have the Dash 8 Q series flight sim. My understanding of all this is that the panel is a semi-glass cockpit.

Is the NDB and ILS flown via an RMI ILS(analog) or ND (digital nav display).

(The older -8's have the analog and the newer have the semi-glass) - this is how I understand it all.

aero979
11th Dec 2007, 00:07
digital nav display

AerocatS2A
11th Dec 2007, 00:26
The sim, like the SAPL aircraft, has two EFIS screens, an EADI and an EHSI, and an analogue RMI. The HSI can be set up as a full rose so it looks the same as an analogue gauge if that is what you're used to. The ILS is shown on both the EADI (with an expanded localiser display) and on the EHSI.