PDA

View Full Version : JVJ up to his old tricks at SA Airlink

beechbum
6th Dec 2007, 12:28
Heard that a senior Captain at SA Airlink and chairman of the pilot's union, was dismissed by JVJ for voicing certain opinions regarding issues within SA Airlink. So the man is causing trouble and strife again wherever he lays his hat! Brings back memories of a previous union chairman who was asked to pack his backs for voicing his opinion on various issues too.
Can Mssrs F and Co not see through this character, or was he hired to do all of dodgy's dirty work?
I hope that the mentioned individual takes JVJ to task on this ....seems unfair in my opinion!

AirwayBlocker
6th Dec 2007, 14:17
Since when is voicing an opinion a fireable offence?

nugpot
6th Dec 2007, 14:30
When did Airlink commence operations? ;)

Cizzy
6th Dec 2007, 14:44
This is terrible news ! The senior captain in question is really a good guy and has done such good things for the pilots at Airlink ! If this news is true it will be a big blow not only for the brotherhood but also for the BAE146 fleet because they are short on captains as it is !
Holding thumbs that this is all a rumour !!!!

AirwayBlocker
6th Dec 2007, 14:47
More than just a rumour.

But doesn't Airlink learn??

Last time they fired the head of the union it cost them a couple of million rand. Ok it took a few years but they paid in the end.

And now they do it again.

You have to wonder!

Coppertop
6th Dec 2007, 15:28
I would think that the CCMA are going to have a field day with this one!!

ruffrider
7th Dec 2007, 05:53
SAAirlink pilots you have my deepest sympathy! Anything jvj does should be regarded with great suspicion! He's a bean counter with an intense dislike for pilots and rumour has it that he was dismissed from an executive position (with a prominant airline in the indian ocean), for smuggling cigarettes....and I'm not talking just a pack or two here! Who needs leaders and decision makers like that in an airline!! On the up side, he'll probably do something dumb again and get himself fired once more.:}

Avi8tor
8th Dec 2007, 04:52
I foresee interesting times ahead. The guys must just stick together!!! I hope that the guys learn from the last mistake. Remember any UNION is only as strong as its members.

JvJ is a known dip ****. He doesn't hang around long before he blots his copybook.

I have a feeling Solidarity's lawyers will have fun with this. I REALLY thought they might have learned from last time.

TwinJock
9th Dec 2007, 02:50
Will be interesting to see if the pilots can, for ONCE, stick together for the best of their company.

I am checking this post regularly!!

AirwayBlocker
12th Dec 2007, 07:27
Suitcaseman,
you said:

If its the same guy that was the disgraced chairman of the previous union then I say "Well done Airlink, thats the first thing you have done right in years".

Then in your next post you went on to say:

Is an employer not supposed to give 3 warnings before firing someone?

Quite a change of heart! What happened to change your mind? Or was that first post merely a knee jerk reaction?

Avi8tor
13th Dec 2007, 08:12
This is bigger than the person that has been fired. This is management trying to intimidate the Pilots Representatives. The pilot body has to stand up or its gonna be shafted forever.

3rdBogey
18th Dec 2007, 14:09
Well, here at Link, we PRACTICE what 'they didn't teach you at Harvard Business School'.
Well not this round. RF with his new 'Buddy' JVJ, (who undoubtably sold himself to RF as "The Axman" Link needs, to get these hated pilots in line), will be 'Eating Crow' for Christmas on his fancy yacht,. No turkey this year. It's burnt!

Avi8tor
18th Dec 2007, 15:03
Is it confirmed that the Chairman has been reinstated? If so, this is good news indeed. Let it be the first of many 'touchdowns' to be scored by the Airlink pilots.

Sadly where JvJ goes, lawyers will surely follow. How does this twit get employed?

JvJ
21st Dec 2007, 21:08
Guys! Really? So now who has the kahoonas to post with their names? I am tired of all the second-hand info that is being posted here in this forum. It's time you get your facts straight before slagging off those that pay your rent in Hillbrow.

beechbum
22nd Dec 2007, 05:18
So now who has the kahoonas to post with their names?
Only idiots like you.................? If it is you...which I doubt!

I am tired of all the second-hand info that is being posted here in this forum
More like first hand info.....treat your staff correctly and you won't find stuff you don't like posted here.........!!!

It's time you get your facts straight before slagging off those that pay your rent in Hillbrow.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........:ugh:

Avi8tor
22nd Dec 2007, 06:22
I think most of the stuff posted here is VERY 1st hand!!
Anybody think this guy is for real? I also doubt it, but would be VERY funny if it was.

Skillie
22nd Dec 2007, 08:56
So now who has the kahoonas to post with their names?

Where is your kahoonas to post your name? JVJ means nothing to me. Also happy not knowing you.

Just a job
22nd Dec 2007, 10:48
An arrogant,boorish,ignorant little man.I predict that RF will tire of his bull-in-a-china-shop approach once he (RF) is embarrassed in the near future (as he shall surely be) when shareholders start asking searching questions about the on-going labour tensions at Airlink. JVJ will be the downfall of Airlink,not the pilots.:=

Avi8tor
22nd Dec 2007, 14:40
Naw, the some of the Exco/Board at Airlink are shareholders. They will only push so far before they back down. Some big ego's there, but ego dont pay the dividends. The boys and girls must just stand together. You can run an airline without a JvJ, but man, VERY hard to run it 'sans' pilots.

RF knows that the pilots taking a days unpaid leave to drink beer and braai in the parking lot, while the 'airies' stand on the C apron, would take a WHOLE load of explaining.

I just find its all so sad. In the 'golden years' in the late '90's it was a great place to be. Funny, it was making BIG cash then too. Wonder if they have figured it out yet?

nemesis mk1
13th Sep 2008, 13:13
Apparently RF is only getting JVJ.s side of the story. RF thinks the pilots dislike him because JVJ stands up to them and they dont like him for it and so on.

Well Rodger i hope these questons will help you to get rid of him.

WHO is more important JVJ or the pilots?
Why are so many people antagonistic towards JVJ?
Is it only the pilots who think he is an idiot?
Will airlink be a nicer place to work for if that moron leaves?
Has JVJ ever had a positive track record?
Has an airline ever prospered with his presence?
Is jvj and his idiotic decisions of any benefit?
Does JVJ's moronic salary proposals make any one want to work there?
Is Airlink's flight safety at risk because of him?
Has Airlink benefited from him?regards
nemesis mk1

Setron
13th Sep 2008, 15:48
Hey nemesis mk1, running out of ideas?
Do we have to warm up old things like this?:yuk:

Sounds just like Mango and their Captains->
Dig them up, warm them up, freshen them up with new paint and carry them up into a cockpit to pump fuel again!:)

The "let's all hate JVJ" does not work anymore, or does it?

PS: Flightsafety has nothing to do with people that pump air through an office chair!

Springbok614
13th Sep 2008, 17:05
i do not know much of what is happening inide link, but i always find it strange how management teams in aviation always has some idiot in the team that no one seems to want to get rid of and that seriously cheeses off the air crew!

why is there always place for these idiots in aviation? shouldnt we just start being managed by our own, meaning management pilots. i know however that alot of pilots want to stick to what they know best though, flying!

just a thought, because these guys just cannot seem to see the bigger picture of what they are managing!

for example: is it my imagination or are things looking better at SA CAA since capt j took the lead? there has already been some changes that has benefited alot of us!

ufecatun
14th Sep 2008, 14:51
Let me answer these questions for you

1. WHO is more important JVJ or the pilots?

PILOTS - JVJ can't fly

2. Why are so many people antagonistic towards JVJ?

Because he has made a hash of everything he's touched

3. Is it only the pilots who think he is an idiot?

Do you know how much ops hates him and seeking desperately to resign?

4. Will airlink be a nicer place to work for if that moron leaves?

YESSS!

5. Has JVJ ever had a positive track record?

NO!

6. Has an airline ever prospered with his presence?

NO!

7. Is jvj and his idiotic decisions of any benefit?

NO!

8. Does JVJ's moronic salary proposals make any one want to work there?

NO - this causes resentment among the personnel and they work with loathing toward AIRLINK

9. Is Airlink's flight safety at risk because of him?

VERY MUCH SO. He is the result of OPS making crew operate beyond duty time RISKING PASSENGER SAFETY.

10. Has Airlink benefited from him?

DUH! see question 9. He demorilises each and every staff member. Everyone is marking time till they get alternative employment.

MozYank
14th Sep 2008, 16:19
Rhetorical question - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question)

308GT4
15th Sep 2008, 06:13
Springbok614, AMEN to that comment about Capt J at the CAA! :DIt is just soooooooo apparent, that a specifically qualified manager DOES make a complete difference to the functioning of an organisation! The old idea that you don't need to be qualified in the given direction to manage it such bull-****! It is so self serving and gets perpetuated ONLY by and for said managers (read: Damagers) to protect their own.
Look at the absolute mess so many 'ministers' make of their portfolios, also again under the guise of "I don't need to be qualified in this field to manage it".....:ouch:
Remember, the pilots of an airline are a large group within an organisation, but with one significant difference- they are generally not too doff!

beesman
15th Sep 2008, 09:21
Romour has it that jvj is not flovour of the month with RF anymore. He has made uninformed and costly decisions while disregarding knowledgable peoples advise. Have you noticed just how quite he's become. Hmmm!? When Tracy left, the new guy Willie had his work cut out for him and he managed to swim while putting in 12-14 hour days. Do you think he gets any of the recognition? No just like Tracy, not even a thank you. Good luck in finding a replacement for Willie. You don't often find people who can do the job of four alone. I hear he does not even have a new job to go to. He is just leaving Link. Good Luck Willie and "Thank you!!!"(From the crew) Happyness is: Link without jvj and while you're at it, send his useless sidekick nuby with him.

Setron
15th Sep 2008, 16:32
Hey Linker's what is all the crying about?
Do you realy think you can decide if he stays or goes?
You can only coerce people that let themselfs be coerced!
Know your limits and have the balls to say no.
Write what you fancy, but make no mistake; he is not really stupid, so I don't think he will make you do illegal things unless you are willing to be partner in crime!

Good moaning!