PDA

View Full Version : Silkair Assessment

ltjng
6th Dec 2007, 05:14
Does any one know about Silkair FO interview and assessment items? I have got an interview this month, but unable to find much information here.

Any info regarding this will be very much apprecited!!

CubaLibre
6th Dec 2007, 06:41
I really cant give you any details. But I bet its like this.
Do you have a verifiable Licence acceptable to the CAAS.
Can you fly a heading and keep the wings level (I dont know if they give sim rides to direct entry FO's).
Willing to wait 3 -5 years for command.
Welcome aboard

p.s. you should talk to the competition while you're in Singapore, everyone needs pilots.

Good Luck

ltjng
6th Dec 2007, 12:24
Thank you Cuba Libre

I will have a sim check as mentioned by the recruitment officer, however I am a Boeing guy, never flown an Airbus before, not so sure if I am gonna do the ride on 320 or 777/747.

Interview in the first day morning, Sim check in the afternoon, then medical the next day. Seems normal to me though.

speedtwoten
6th Dec 2007, 13:05
heard you going to China somewhere (JadeCargo) any luck????

ltjng
6th Dec 2007, 13:10
Hey man.....the interview date is crashed, Jade Cargo on 11-14 and Silkair on 12-13....

So you can see I gave up being a freight-dog and trying to fly the Airbus down south.

Shaman
11th Jan 2008, 20:14
Itjng,

Did you go for an assessment at Silkair? If so, what was the format?

XIVIL4DEP
12th Jan 2008, 09:00
From what I know, it is as follows :

1. Day 1 - Interview in the morning ( pretty straightforward stuff asked). If successful in that, you do a Sim assessment in the afternoon. Again, fairly straightforward. It'll be on the A320 I've heard.
2. Day 2 - Is successful in both interview & sim on day 1, you are required to undergo a CAAC Singapore medical Exam. If successful in that, apparently, thats when they offer you the position.

Good Luck:)

Shaman
12th Jan 2008, 09:39
Quite straightforward - if only all assessments were like that!

Thanks for the info.

ltjng
14th Jan 2008, 23:21
XIVIL4DEP is right!!! And yes, all assessments were as straight forward as you can think of.

Just sit back, relax and enjoy your 3 days stay in Singapore, and you will have your offer by the end of it.

Good luck!!

XIVIL4DEP
15th Jan 2008, 03:04
Congrats on the successful assessment at Silk Itjing !:D

Are u taking the job ? From what I hear Singapore rentals have just gone ballistic & through the roof !! So the pay package which I heard they're offering barely covers the rent in SIN.

Let me know how it pans out for you.

Cheers:D

ltjng
15th Jan 2008, 09:03
I am planning to share an apartment with other crew as I will be commuting between home and SIN.

Anyway, the pay package is exceptable if you can management the rental overthere.

Hope to see you all in SIN. Cheers