PDA

View Full Version : All I want for Christmas is...

Lamenting Navigator
5th Dec 2007, 18:24
It's that time of year. So go on, what do you want for Christmas this year?

chiglet
5th Dec 2007, 18:30
A Goblin...................................Teas Maid:E
watp,iktch

Rossian
5th Dec 2007, 18:44
What do I want? Nuffin'. No Stuff. Just the company of my lovely daughter and her husband and their equally lovely,articulate, argumentative and on occasions utterly charming daughter.
"Grrraanndaaad?" "Yes pet...."
Who could ask for more?
The Ancient Mariner

Parapunter
5th Dec 2007, 19:18
My dad to see it.

ShyTorque
5th Dec 2007, 19:34
A bit of peace. For a change. :bored:

11Fan
5th Dec 2007, 19:43
I defer mine to Parapunter so he can double up.

Tigs2
5th Dec 2007, 20:03
I gladly defer also and triple Parapunters christmas wish.

If I had 1 million pounds i would give it all up tomorrow to be able to go to the pub with my Dad this weekend for a pint, Sunday Lunch and a chat:( But somethings money just can't buy.

I hope you have a great christmas Parapunter.

bnt
5th Dec 2007, 20:11
... my two not-quite-front teeth. Anyone got 6,200 to spare? That's what I've been quoted to get two implants fitted, here in Dublin. :}
(Yes, I know about "Dental Tourism", but it's not so attractive when I tot up the total costs of treatment, flights, accommodation, etc.)

Tigs2
5th Dec 2007, 20:17
Brit
Fly club class to Bangkok, stay for a week, have a great time, get your teeth done and all the rest laser whitened and you will still have 2K change.

bnt
5th Dec 2007, 20:22
Didn't I just day that I thought about that? Getting dental implants done properly requires multiple trips. It's not a one-shot deal, and that's assuming there are no problems. I don't trust any dentist or agency who tells you it's just one trip for implants.

Granite Monolith
5th Dec 2007, 20:22
A cheap, but good enough weather station:}

I see Maplin are doing a reasonable offer:8

Don't trust any dentist or agency who tells you it's just one trip for implants.

Interesting that. I need a tooth fixed, implant was mentioned - drilling into the bone was how my dentist told me:{:ooh:

2000 private or long wait on the health service - i chose neither - new bridge in the new year for 2 hundred quid:ok:

C130 Techie
5th Dec 2007, 20:27
I'm with Tigs2 one. I would love to be able to sit down to Christmas lunch with my parents and for them to see what wonderful adults their grandchildren have grown into.

Hope you get your wish Parapunter.

I'll settle for a little peace and quiet.

tony draper
5th Dec 2007, 21:01
One would like Christmases to seem twelve months apart as they used to be when I were young, instead of the subjective every three months they seem to occur now.
:uhoh:

G-CPTN
5th Dec 2007, 21:10
I heard a plausible explanation of why time seems to fly by more quickly than when you were a youngster.
Apparently, it's because when you have only experienced a low number of years, another one is a significant percentage of your past life, whereas when you have a higher year count under your belt another one is of lesser impact to you.

Lamenting Navigator
5th Dec 2007, 21:17
I knew this thread was going to go in one of two directions - either very silly (and probably blue!) or very serious.

I know who I'd like for Christmas, but he's probably not here to defend himself... that would make my Christmas. And probably my year.

tony draper
5th Dec 2007, 21:23
Hmmm,when I think about it. when I were a sprog Christmasses seemed to be about five years apart.:uhoh:

west lakes
5th Dec 2007, 21:28
but he's probably not here to defend himself

Would he wish to defend himself:confused:

Lamenting Navigator
5th Dec 2007, 21:32
Dunno, west lakes, depends how the mood would take us... sorry, too much information... don't spoil my Christmas wish!!

gupta
5th Dec 2007, 21:58
Lamenting
Don't tell me you and KC are ganging up on some poor unsuspecting prooner again??

Howard Hughes
5th Dec 2007, 22:02
I wish for nothing as I already seem to have everything one could want, I too would defer mine to Parapunter.:ok:

Glamgirl
5th Dec 2007, 22:03
This may get me in trouble...

I'd quite like a bit of sex, actually!:O

Lamenting Navigator
5th Dec 2007, 22:09
No, no, gupta, far from it. Just me. Just him.

Well said, Glamgirl!! I wasn't going to be so overt...

ORAC
5th Dec 2007, 22:09
A job. Got a call this morning recalling me to the UK due to lack of work here. Told to report to the head of engineering/HR on my return.

Not looking good, probably have to sell the house if they've got nothing for me at home. :sad:

tony draper
5th Dec 2007, 22:12
Nobody is safe nowadays Mr ORAC, except perhaps Undertakers,good luck.
:uhoh:

Tigs2
5th Dec 2007, 23:05
Glamgirl
This may get me in trouble...
I'd quite like a bit of sex, actually
How did you engineer that comment to come on your 69th Post??:}

Brit

Didn't I just day that I thought about that? Getting dental implants done properly requires multiple trips. It's not a one-shot deal, and that's assuming there are no problems. I don't trust any dentist or agency who tells you it's just one trip for implants.

Bloody hell! Woooooh boy! Calm down and keep your shorts on! Twas only a light hearted suggestion:rolleyes:

gingernut
5th Dec 2007, 23:17
I hope glamgirl gets her wish (interesting post number), ORAC gets his job, and parapunter spends some good time with his dad.

All I wish for is an end to ear problems in pilot's around the world:), and maybe some snow on my shed roof.

For the first year in a long time, I 'aint "helping" Santa at the local school fair.(HOHOHO)

Last year was a bit of a challenge-sweating the night befores lager in a 3 foot high grotto, listening to 2-300 kids asking for a laptop, "with windows xp please santa," until near the end of the day, I asked a young lad what he wanted for Christmas.

"I just want my dad back please santa,"

:{

Didn't know what to say- think I mumbled som'at about "don'y you want a laptop like everyone else."

True story-probably why I havn't been asked back this year.:)

Merry Xmas y'eld farts.

kiwi chick
6th Dec 2007, 01:37
yeah, gupta - don't bring me into this - at least until I know who we're talking about :E

Howard.... oh dear Howard.....

I wish for nothing as I already seem to have everything one could want

It's only been two weeks... another three and your palms will be begging for mercy. ;)

Buster Hyman
6th Dec 2007, 02:39
I'd like a teddy bear....I'll call him Mohammed....and I'd like to be able to give him to Parapunters Dad.:ok:

larssnowpharter
6th Dec 2007, 06:50
One has all one wants, so:

I wish that parapunter gets his wish.
That ORAC sorts out his employment issue
And that Glamgirl gets enough

Lars

ThreadBaron
6th Dec 2007, 07:29
Glam

I'd quite like a bit of sex, actually!

Which bit? The no foreplay or the 0 - Oh, oh, oh! in 60 seconds?:p

Bushfiva
6th Dec 2007, 07:34
Hmm, Glamgirl seems to have come up with the appropriate sentiment at a very apposite posting number.

Ace Rimmer
6th Dec 2007, 09:12
Gibson...Les Paul...Custom

tony draper
6th Dec 2007, 09:23
Yer easy pleased Mr Rimmer,twould have to be a Pensa Sur for me.:rolleyes:

Parapunter
6th Dec 2007, 10:57
Thanks for the kind words all - I did not intend to hijack a thread or spoil the levity of Christmas, but things are grim. Heart virus, followed by discovery of cancer, followed by stroke = little cheer at dunpunting.

Ace Rimmer
6th Dec 2007, 11:59
Worse than that Admiral I'd settle for an Epiphone SG (if Mrs R would remove her ban on additional guitar purchasing)

FWOF
6th Dec 2007, 12:40
I've had an early Christmas present, a beautiful Percheron stallion.

So, I'd just like a lovely quiet time with family, enjoy the break from flying twice a week, enjoy sleeping in my own bed with the freedom to cuddle up to the other half.

Oh ... and for our house move to be finalised so that we can both relax a little!

pvmw
6th Dec 2007, 12:50
Reversing the problem, when asked what she fancied for xmas a friend of mine said what she'd really like would be a copy of Rory Bremner's DVD - but that it was unobtainable.
I've looked in the obvious places, Amazon etc., and she's right - it is. It says none available and no date given for future availability.
In an effort to gain brownie points, its obviously the thing to find, except I can't.......
Anyone have any suggestions where i might go/look??
Its so much easier being a bloke, a couple of decent dunlop racing tyres or a pair of Marchal headlamps would keep me quiet for ages!!!!!

spittingimage
6th Dec 2007, 13:01
I would just like .. Christmas to be over as soon as possible.

PingDit
6th Dec 2007, 13:12
Les Paul Custom or Gibson SG Pleeeeeeeessssse!:{

ORAC
6th Dec 2007, 13:18
Reversing the problem, when asked what she fancied for xmas a friend of mine said what she'd really like would be a copy of Rory Bremner's DVD - but that it was unobtainable. I've looked in the obvious places, Amazon etc., and she's right - it is. It says none available and no date given for future availability. In an effort to gain brownie points, its obviously the thing to find, except I can't.......

Anyone have any suggestions where i might go/look??

ebay - 3.76 + p&p. (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rory-Bremner-Creased-Up-2-Cricket-Comedy-DVD-2001-NEW_W0QQitemZ140185856574QQihZ004QQcategoryZ2288QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

frostbite
6th Dec 2007, 14:33
"I would just like .. Christmas to be over as soon as possible."

Amen to that!

S'land
6th Dec 2007, 14:56
PARAHUNTER.

Hope you get that wish. My father died just before Christmas some years ago (the big C). I was living in Italy and got the 'phone call from my mother just as I got into the office. There were no flights available back to the UK that day so decided to drive back, fifteen hours of hell and a rotten Christmas.

As C130 Techie,I would like like to be able to sit down with my parents and the rest of the family so that they can see what wonderful young ladies their granddaughters (my sister's girls) have turned into, and the three and a half year old daughter that the youngest one and her husband have produced. A complete little terrorist who will probably torment me something rotten when I go back for the festivities. Now that I will enjoy.

Hirsutesme
7th Dec 2007, 12:08
I would like my proper number of posts back!

Sallyann1234
7th Dec 2007, 21:27
I'd quite like a bit of sex, actually!

48 hours and still no takers! What's up with you guys?

TURIN
7th Dec 2007, 21:48
:ugh:48 hours and still no takers! What's up with you guys?
I've only just read the thread!;)
I'm with GG, a bit of sex would go down a treat.
I don't mean go down what I meant was ........oh bug4er!!:O

Lost_ethics
7th Dec 2007, 23:18
I'd like to know what one of my friends wants for christmas, for christmas (I've gone from bath ducks to tunisian lamps...) spend ages finding her a gift, never know what to buy... (suggestions welcome)
Failing that, I'd quite like a shed or some pennies for the PPL fund...
:oh:

larssnowpharter
8th Dec 2007, 06:50
spend ages finding her a gift, never know what to buy... (suggestions welcome)

Do what I do when totally out of ideas for a gift for a lady. Go down the gold souk!:}

To put things in perspective, some of my wife's relatives are very poor. Certainly, this is the case compared to the ewekay. We give them a 50kg bag of rice and the kids get a share of second hand books/toys that friends collect and send out from UK.

Wod
8th Dec 2007, 07:06
Someone has to be flippant!

Replays of Freddie Frinton's "Dinner for two" (actually I have it on tape),

and also "Love Actually"

And, seriously, what Parapunter asked for.

S'land
8th Dec 2007, 15:34
WOD:

Replays of Freddie Frinton's "Dinner for two"

A national institution here in Germany, as it is in Austria. Always on at least one TV channel on New Year's Eve. Will be back from the UK just in time to watch it while drinking a drop of the bubbly stuff.

Rather be Gardening
9th Dec 2007, 14:55
Snow .............

Tiger_ Moth
9th Dec 2007, 16:12
All I want is to help Glamgirl have a merry christmas.

NRU74
9th Dec 2007, 20:37
Wod
[Anorak on]
it's actually "Dinner for One" ... but why do they [the Germans] find it so funny ? - after all it's in English and it's repeated on several channels on New Year's Eve
I lived there for over 3 years and no one I spoke to could give a reason why the sketch was played so often- and, allegedly, enjoyed so much

Alyeska
9th Dec 2007, 20:43
For Christmas I would like to see George Bush resign as President of the United States and admit himself to an institution for the cognitively challenged. :D

kwachon
9th Dec 2007, 20:46
someone to take away this dreaded cancer tumor that is slowly killing me...

kiwi chick
11th Dec 2007, 00:25
Oh, Kwachon, we'd all do that in a heartbeat if we could. :(

CherokeeDriver
11th Dec 2007, 10:27
All I want is the safe arrival of Cherokee Jr Mk2 - due December 24.

G-CPTN
11th Dec 2007, 10:35
Have you got the crib in the manger and the three wise guys lined up?

CherokeeDriver
11th Dec 2007, 11:09
Crib in the master bedroom and the MIL in the spare room:ugh:

FWOF
11th Dec 2007, 12:31
Can I add to my list the hope that one day I'll have a baby. At 37 time is running away with me and I've already one failed IVF cycle behind me :sad:

Those of you who have children, enjoy every second of them, even when they drive you crazy. I'd give anything for that chance.