PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar International Cabin Crew to Operate 320/321/330

jetstarFA
5th Dec 2007, 17:52
A mate in Head Office said he over heard that the company was planning on having all international cabin crew and new hires operating the 320/321/330. What have they got up their sleeve I wonder.
Divide and conquer
Makes sense I guess. No limitation on hours. zero pay. So relaxing

wesky
5th Dec 2007, 19:56
They are already using Singapore based crew for their long haul 330 flts.

AJ has his **** worked out, don't you worry haha. :ugh:

Steve.

windytown
5th Dec 2007, 23:17
My speculative guess is that the A320/321 could be used for back of the clock international flights such as from Darwin to SE Asia and more so from Sydney/Melb/Bris to South Pacific.

In NZ there are a lot of overnight flights to Cooks, Fiji and Samoa from Auckland by Air NZ and DJ. Should keep aircraft utilisation rates high as you can do domestic during day time and an international overnight which avoids Sydney's curfew restrictions.

skychild
6th Dec 2007, 05:00
There is talk about Cairns-Perth-Denpasar aswell as Cairns - Auckland and Cairns Singapore direct...

Plus the south pacific from the eastcoast.

Denpasar from Syd could even go daily on a321.

aulglarse
6th Dec 2007, 10:46
Sydney to Denpasar in an A321? with a standard range of about 2000nm ( single class)for a 2500nm trip will mean 1 or 2 auxillary fuel tanks to be fitted which may restrict payload...interesting with any wx holding and headwinds.

For example, climb and cruise into a 100kt h/wind makes it a 7hr trip at 3200kg/hr=22.4 tonnes fuel burn for an a/c that holds 23.3tonnes. This long sector you can bring on the overnight!

Going Boeing
7th Dec 2007, 08:52
aulglarse, thanks for the range info, but, fuel won't be required for Wx holding at Bali because there is never TS on the TAFs even when there's one sitting right over the airfield. :)