PDA

View Full Version : Legislation training and implementation

flyin flea
5th Dec 2007, 16:50
Do airlines and handlers put much emphasis on legislatative training??
i.e. Besides all the obvious essential stuff, like safety, handling threats, nuisance pax, and how to hand crank stairs.

"Why do I ask, and what am I getting at?" you ponder.
I am presently in dispute with two global corporations who seem to give the impression that they do not care about, nor do they have to comply with 261/2004 (but I wont say who here.....yet)

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/site/en/oj/2004/l_046/l_04620040217en00010007.pdf

On the day in question staff (including supervisors) from both companies (the Pax handler, AND the airline) completely denied the existance of such legislation, I suspect in efforts to get me to go away and shut up, and give them an easy life.

In correspondance with their respective head offices it appears no-one I have been in discussion with (even senior members of staff) have little (if any) knowledge of this legislation

Soooo.... what Id like to ask (of those of you on the inside) is,
-is what I have experienced typical of the industry?
-is this legislation, its implications, and how to implement it dealt with in training to any great length?
-is there any form of apathy toward it out at the gates/terminals?

btw.... n00b ere! Found PPRuNe complete by accident whilst Googling for something else!!!

BOAC
5th Dec 2007, 21:10
ff - welcome to our world. I think you will fare better in this forum.