PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Clarkson takes on the Chavs..

CherokeeDriver
5th Dec 2007, 16:06
I tip my hat to you sir.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23425734-details/Jeremy+Clarkson+quizzed+by+police+after+he+tackles+gang+of+h oodies+at+daughter%27s+birthday+party/article.do

This bloke should be Prime Minister.:ok:

tony draper
5th Dec 2007, 16:25
Blokes like Jeremy and me should be allowed to carry a side arm and to shoot anyone under the age of forty who annoys us.
Thats what I think anyway.:rolleyes:

Firestorm
5th Dec 2007, 16:25
I hope he can use his public influence to show up the New Labour Clowns, and the ludicrous state that they have turned this country into. It wouldn't have happened under Baroness Thatcher. Mr Clarkson deserves all the support that he gets.

Serenity
5th Dec 2007, 17:05
Well done Jezza, standing up for the man in the street (even if he is a millionaire!) :D

Howard Hughes
5th Dec 2007, 17:12
Blokes like Jeremy and me should be allowed to carry a side arm and to shoot anyone under the age of forty who annoys us.
Phew, at 43 I am safe....;)

tony draper
5th Dec 2007, 17:28
Hmmm, not so Mr H,we would still be able to shoot you for annoying us, but we would probably have to pay a small fine for doing so.
:rolleyes:

Lamenting Navigator
5th Dec 2007, 18:26
Blunt-speaking Yorkshireman. Fantastic!

airborne_artist
5th Dec 2007, 19:05
Many years ago a mate (serving, but off-duty copper) and I were assaulted by three chavs in W London at about chucking out time. We'd had literally two pints each, and were walking home. One chav came at me with a length of 2"x2" and succeeded in hitting me on the knee, once. I got it from him, and holding him with my left hand, brought the stave to bear on the back of his head, several times. My chum came off worse than me, as it was the other two against him, and he got a hefty crack across his lower back.

We held onto him, and the other two ran off. Went back to the nick, and he was processed etc.

Later the Inspector told me, very matter of fact, that my chav had been taken to Charing X to have ten stitches put in his useless skull. His mother had been insisting I was charged with GBH. The Inspector would have none of it, pointing out that the entirely unprovoked assault was three armed against two unarmed. All the chavs were charged with and found guilty of assault.

I often wonder how that event would play today.....

Saintsman
5th Dec 2007, 19:48
My chum came off worse than me

They probably attacked you and your Chum for being posh ;)

joehunt
5th Dec 2007, 20:03
airborne_artist (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=89209)

Good!:D Now that's what I call policing. Pity it doesn't happen any more.

airborne_artist
5th Dec 2007, 20:24
They probably attacked you and your Chum for being posh

As I remember it, they'd been winding up/being wound up by a group outside one of Hammersmith's riverside pubs. They went looking for their target, and thought they recognised us as being part of the group.

Yep, I was/am a bit posh I guess. Went to school here (http://www.winchestercollege.co.uk/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?&pid=178&srcid=-2)

Doesn't stop me from being handy in a fight though :E

Avitor
5th Dec 2007, 20:38
Too many PC PCs. Kids rule. Frightening.

ScottyDawg
5th Dec 2007, 20:46
So..ye went to Winchester then... Rich, Tory .. barsteward..!!!:ouch:

Two's in
5th Dec 2007, 20:50
Bring back the old school bobby!

I was thinking we should bring back sterilization for the amoebic brain celled sperm donor and open-legged sperm receptacle usually found to be be the creative genius' behind such a procreation. Start by shooting them, keep the offspring for medical research into boiling oil hazards.

airborne_artist
5th Dec 2007, 20:54
Rich, Tory .. barsteward..!!!

Not all of the above apply to me, I'm pleased to say :ok:

flatcap666
5th Dec 2007, 20:59
My daughter had a party there last week.....good fun with the sledging but hard work. There were no hoodies waiting for me. My father told me that trouble always comes to those who go looking for it:=

brickhistory
5th Dec 2007, 21:18
Mr. D, ever thought of emigrating? We can use a man of your 'talents' here as well.

And if you aren't interested in making it a permanent move, I'll talk to someone about expediting a 'work' visa for you.

ScottyDawg
5th Dec 2007, 21:46
Apologies Mr Artist.... wis taking the Pi$$

Appreciate your lighthearted response...

On the subject of Mr. Jezza for Prime Minister.. there is a petition to No. 10 supporting that premise... Here's the link..http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PMClarkson/

Take the time to add your support etc...:p

BlooMoo
5th Dec 2007, 22:08
its a pity you didn't strangle the little sh!t whilst you had hold of him. One less member of the prison community of the future perhaps. I for one would have done the same.

What a sad indictment of the state of our society. That 'little sh!t' as you so ignorantly describe him or her, could go on to do great things (Mozart, Einstein ring a bell?) We should be pulling together in a positive way as a society, but it seems everyone on this forum are basically Daily Mail electric chairists. Bad enough, but bear in mind that everyone in the USA contributes to the Daily Mail, and therefore Americans believe and support (by secret donations through the disgusting international banking system) the Daily Mail AND George Bush who don't forget, recently invaded Cambodia, Darfur, Russia (and Cuba) and destroyed the Berlin Wall (asbestos risk anyone?), killed everyone and then tried to cover it up with some movie saying they were the good guys and then...

F*ck it! Sorry. I can't keep this up. I tried but I'm struggling.

Sunshine, Sunbeam...whatever. Help me out here please!
BM:}

tony draper
5th Dec 2007, 22:17
Electric Chair,are you mad! what about global warming!what kind of carbon footprint do you think that has per client?.:uhoh::E
The axe is carbon neutral and the block can be made of recycled wood.

joehunt
6th Dec 2007, 03:13
BlooMoo

".........could go on to do great things (Mozart, Einstein ring a bell?)"

All well and good, however the whole country suffers waiting to see if your 1/2 baked theory bares fruit! I think if it is going to be the likes of the above, it would show through, long before it ever wore a hood when it ain't raining.

Tacklebury
6th Dec 2007, 03:49
Did Mozart & Einstein come from pikey scumbags then? Must have been relatively well off for young Wolfgang to have access to a piano!

Maybe Einstein went around setting fire to people’s wheelie bins, this might have spurred an interest in the physics / science of his crimes?

Or am I just being stupid?

Solid Rust Twotter
6th Dec 2007, 03:55
Mr Hunt

Irony/sarcasm bypass went OK then....?:}

BombayDuck
6th Dec 2007, 05:59
whether he had any "security" with him.

What the hell does that mean?

airborne_artist
6th Dec 2007, 06:04
BD - it means that they expected Clarkson, as a "celeb" would have a couple of shaven-headed, devoid-of-neck types who would give the 1000 yd stare to anyone who attempted to come within 10 yds of their employer.

Looks like he doesn't need looking after, anyway :ok:

aidanf
6th Dec 2007, 06:42
Agree with you about Clarkson being totally correct in standing up to the 'yoofs' .... but me wonders will it now make him a target for similar/worse confrontation?

Buster Hyman
6th Dec 2007, 07:50
Pity he didn't press charges...but then, they'd just get more notoriety and some money from Rupert (:yuk:) to tell all....:hmm:

GreenWings
6th Dec 2007, 09:45
Two's In:
"amoebic brain celled sperm donor and open-legged sperm receptacle usually found to be be the creative genius' behind such a procreation."

ROFLMFAO!!

Coffee, meet monitor! Nice one! :ok:

GW

C130 Techie
6th Dec 2007, 10:47
What a sad indictment of the state of our society.

Yes it is, however it is also the reality and whilst the huggy fluffy 'be nice to them' brigade continue to have an influence it will not change.

Discipline (physical within reason where required) at home and at school and people taking responsibility for their actions/behaviour is the key to improving our society and at present we are a million miles from that.

We should be pulling together in a positive way as a society, but it seems everyone on this forum are basically Daily Mail electric chairists.

What this has to do with the Daily Mail or the electric chair is beyond me. This thread is simply about someone having the guts to stand up to the yob culture that is in danger of becoming dominant in our society.

Daily Mail reader - No
Electric chairist (is that a word?) - No
Ignorant - No
Supporter of Discipline - Yes
Supporter of Jeremy Clarks actions - Yes

Big Frank
6th Dec 2007, 10:55
Daily Mail reader - No
Electric chairist (is that a word?) - No
Ignorant - No
Supporter of Discipline - Yes
Supporter of Jeremy Clarks actions - Yes

Inability to spot that said post was written with tongue firmly in cheek - Yes
:hmm:

TheDesertFerret
6th Dec 2007, 11:38
It wouldn't have happened under Baroness Thatcher

Where on earth were you back in the happy times 1979-1983?

You clearly weren't residing in any of the provincial cities.

GearDown&Locked
6th Dec 2007, 11:42
For 625 Years Winchester College has educated boys in beautiful surroundings. The medieval foundation of 70 poor Scholars has grown through the ages into a modern school of 700 boys and 100 teaching staff.

Nice to meet you Mr.Potter :}

airborne_artist
6th Dec 2007, 11:43
It wouldn't have happened under Baroness Thatcher Where on earth were you back in the happy times 1979-1983?

You clearly weren't residing in any of the provincial cities.Or Brixton.....the only time in my Service career that I though we might be on the streets of London maintaining order :eek:

For 625 Years Winchester College has educated boys in beautiful surroundings. The medieval foundation of 70 poor Scholars has grown through the ages into a modern school of 700 boys and 100 teaching staff.

No mention of the very strong Freemasonry connections then? It's a rampant breeding ground for them - I should know :oh:

TheDesertFerret
6th Dec 2007, 11:53
And those riots in 1981 were a barrel of laughs weren't they?

I find it ludicrous to tie in the existance of yob culture with a single political party be it Labour or Conservative.

C130 Techie
6th Dec 2007, 12:36
Inability to spot that said post was written with tongue firmly in cheek - Yes

Having re-read the post you'd probably be right. In my defence being called 'ignorant' in response to a post is not normally considered tongue in cheek.

As for being branded a Daily Mail reader :yuk:

Ozzy
6th Dec 2007, 13:11
That 'little sh!t' as you so ignorantly describe him or her, could go on to do great things (Mozart, Einstein ring a bell?)Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, no, really, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha,.....oh dear, moo ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, that's the best in a long time, ha ha ha ha.....

Ozzy

BlooMoo
6th Dec 2007, 18:47
Having re-read the post you'd probably be right. In my defence being called 'ignorant' in response to a post is not normally considered tongue in cheek.

Stop it!!! Please! You're turning me into a complete gigglebox..
:D

Firestorm
6th Dec 2007, 19:04
Fair point Dessert Ferret, so with the exception of Toxteth, Handsworth, St Pauls, and any mining town in the 80s....

C130 Techie
6th Dec 2007, 19:24
Stop it!!! Please! You're turning me into a complete gigglebox..

Pleased to have brought a bit of light to your day.

BlooMoo
6th Dec 2007, 20:22
C130, ok enough is enough.
The spirit of my post was an attempt to lampoon the usual suspects' response to your kind of sentiment - which is pretty much mine too.
We're on the same side - no offence intended...
BM

Howard Hughes
6th Dec 2007, 20:29
Mr Draper eluded earlier to carrying guns, imagine if the same incident had taken place in the land with the right to 'bare (sic) arms'...

Result one dead street urchin, or possibly Top Gear looks for a new presenter...:ooh:

tony draper
6th Dec 2007, 20:36
One of those outcomes would have annoyed me very much.:E

C130 Techie
6th Dec 2007, 21:06
We're on the same side - no offence intended...

Thanks - Non taken.

Reading posts in a hurry at work is obviously not the best way to handle the cut and thrust of Jet Blast.

Howard Hughes
6th Dec 2007, 21:12
Top gear would become a tad boring I would imagine, without Mr Clarkson...:ok:

tony draper
6th Dec 2007, 21:15
Wish Mr Clarkson would do more documentries he's a brilliant front man no matter what the subject.

Howard Hughes
6th Dec 2007, 21:38
Without him it would be all 'Crashes' and 'Nanna cars'...;)

Capot
7th Dec 2007, 00:23
aidanf said

Agree with you about Clarkson being totally correct in standing up to the 'yoofs' .... but me wonders will it now make him a target for similar/worse confrontation?

How did you guess?

BBC News

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been interviewed by police after he was accused of being abusive towards a teenager who was harassing him.

Very predictable, I suppose.

Blacksheep
7th Dec 2007, 00:24
There are Upper and lower classes among Chav society too, you know. Same behaviour, different accent.

When one reads Mr Clarkson's literary works, one finds that the Repton/Abbotsholme educated Jeremy was a Chav of sorts in his yoof - he openly admits to terrorising the innocent villagers of Yoxhall and the streets of Uttoxeter. Likewise the leader of the Conservative party's exploits in Windsor and Oxford.

Curious Pax
7th Dec 2007, 07:44
BBC News
Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been interviewed by police after he was accused of being abusive towards a teenager who was harassing him.
Very predictable, I suppose.

I assume they are referring to the same incident, in which case the Evening Standard's version is probably closer to the mark (they said the police were seeing if he wanted to press charges). If they had been interviewing him on suspicion of assault etc I think the ES would have made something of it in the article!

Capot
7th Dec 2007, 10:10
Curious Pax

Good point. Misinterpretation withdrawn!

Taildragger67
7th Dec 2007, 12:57
The way to combat the mobile phone bit of the story is to go after them one by one and destroy their phones! :}

Run for Parliament, Jezza, I'll move to your electorate and vote for you. Better still, come down to my leftie stronghold seat and turf out the incumbent!

Firestorm
7th Dec 2007, 14:54
Mr Hughes. There are certain members of our society who are not waiting for the right to bear arms, and in the situation currently under discussion they are not the Mr Clarksons of this world (who is a legitimate shotgun certifcate holder), but the associates of the scrotes who tried to assault him.

tinpis
5th Jan 2008, 09:13
:hmm:...... Would you vote for him Mr Blacksheep?

Blacksheep
5th Jan 2008, 12:18
Not me, tinny. My last vote was for the MRLP candidate, but the party has gone to hell since the demise of Lord Sutch. I'll be a registered voter again soon and will possibly start my own party (The Apathetic and Inebriates' Party?) so I can vote for myself. You know it makes sense.